Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HKDL Fan Site

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Question HKDL Fan Site

Hey all,

I've had a look around on google and it appears that there is not one HKDL fansite on the net yet?
    Is this correct: 6 months since openning and still no fan site?

I suppose they aren't really encouraging a large fan group when they don't have AP's to keep the locals coming back frequently.

Does anyone know of any fan sites out there for HKDL, including ones in languages other than English?

Thanks,
    Tom

• Minion

Re: HKDL Fan Site

ORWEN: I thought we--all of us here--were one of the fan sites for Hong Kong Disneyland.

• Disney Prince

since HKDL is still considerably new, it doesn't have as much disney die hard fans as some of the other resorts yet, but it give it time and more attractions and fansites might start popping up.

at the meantime, here is a french fansite I found that has a lot of art and information about the international parks including HK: http://webcot.free.fr/main.htm

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Google Barry Bs site and I think it's Club Josh, both have huge photo pages on the HKDL...thats about it.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Perhaps this is a project for a few like-minded Disney fans?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Well yes the HKDL forum here is a fan community for the resort, but there is no one site dedicated to it.
    Yes, there are a few great photo/video sites around and some other Disney fan pages have quite a bit of info, but what I think would be great would be something along the lines of www.dlp.info, one those guide and news sites that offers something for both casual visitors and fans.
    Of course something like www.dlrp.fr is great for fans, but you need to have people on the ground with AP's for that kind of up to the second news.

Perhaps it will take until the park is larger and has its own signature ride or two to create a large group of loyal followers (like what Space Mountain did to Paris fan numbers)?

A fan site would certainly make an interesting project.

Well, if anybody else is willing and able (with the tech know-how), I'd be interested in contributing to a fan site. After going there in September I'll have heaps of photos/first hand knowledge too.

By the way V1213 - welcome to the forum. Nice to have a fellow Aussie on board.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Vehicle rotating backward

There's just not a large English speaking base for the park. Same reason why TDL kind of existed off the radar until DisneySea's opening prompted a ton of "you guys really gotta see this place!" campaigning by the Disney die-hards. The ones who can afford to go there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    There's just not a large English speaking base for the park. Same reason why TDL kind of existed off the radar until DisneySea's opening prompted a ton of "you guys really gotta see this place!" campaigning by the Disney die-hards. The ones who can afford to go there anyway.
    Hadn't actually thought about it that way. Here in Australia, it is a different story. We are geographically closer to Hong Kong (I think - about 8 hours from Sydney?), at there is a HUGE push for tourism there at the moment. Some really great deals about.

I guess Disneyland and WDW have so many English fan sites simply because the US has a population of several hundred million.

Well V1213 - maybe it IS up to us.

• Banned User

I forgot about Aussies.
    My dad dated a chick online from AU, and she came to LA to visit us at that time and she hated Disneyland...she liked Universal more. But, that was back in '94.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by V1213
    Hey all,

I've had a look around on google and it appears that there is not one HKDL fansite on the net yet?
    Is this correct: 6 months since openning and still no fan site?
    Honestly... what does that tell you???

Same reason why TDL kind of existed off the radar until DisneySea's opening prompted a ton of "you guys really gotta see this place!" campaigning by the Disney die-hards. The ones who can afford to go there anyway.
    Or the ones who work for the airlines and can go to TDR and HKDL often on their layovers.. (look for me at TDL on 4/15th, and HKDL on 4/16th)

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    I forgot about Aussies.
    Happens all the time

But since a number of visitors of HKDL, are from Hong Kong, which up until 9 years ago was an English colony, wouldn't you think many visitors would speak english and would start webpages?

HKDL is great for Australians, especially us over in the west that share the +8 timezone.

I can't beleive that HKDL is almost ignored by Disney Australia (for example www.disney.com.au only mentions Disneyland Resort in CA), as it is far more accessible from Australia and thus has the potential to be visited by more of us more frequently. Not to mention the ongoing price war on flights between the east coast and Hong Kong thanks to Virgin Atlantic flying London to Sydney via HK.

Though when one considers that both Disneyland in CA and Disney Australia are wholly owned by TWDC and HKDL is not, they can see why Disney Australia insist that we fly almost to the opposite side of the world (Canada is directly opposite of Western Australia) to visit their resort where they can get the most money out of us.

There isn't any reason why Australians can't visit HKDL; all attractions can be enjoyed using only English.
    Australians should be one of the larger english-speaking groups of visitors to HKDL.

An english HKDL fansite could be supported by fans not only from Australia but also the many HK residents that know English.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    Well, if anybody else is willing and able (with the tech know-how), I'd be interested in contributing to a fan site. After going there in September I'll have heaps of photos/first hand knowledge too.
    I can't offer photos or anything but I can offer history/dates/concepts and such.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Or the ones who work for the airlines and can go to TDR and HKDL often on their layovers.. (look for me at TDL on 4/15th, and HKDL on 4/16th)

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast