• Watch Your Language

Disney boss eager to add attractions, The Standard News (HK), 2006/4/12

Disneyland managing director Bill Ernest said Tuesday the government should speed up the reclamation work for phase two of the theme park.

However, he agreed that several phase-one attractions have still to come on line, but will soon.

Ernest said concrete plans for phase two have still to be agreed between the two sides and will take some time.

He said that, apart from three "coming soon" attractions, there is room for other shows and exhibits in phase one. "It is not the number of attractions, but their size," Ernest said, adding that designing the various attractions was similar to fitting pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

Ernest said that, when completed, phase one will be able to handle 10 million guests annually.

He said the most popular attraction is the Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad, which runs from Mainstreet USA through Fantasyland.

In order to avoid the chaos that occurred during the Lunar New Year holidays, Ernest said the park will be adding 11 more "special days" for Easter and the May Day holidays, during which sales of tickets will be limited to prevent overcrowding.
    During the Easter holidays the park will adopt a "cross utilization" system whereby back office staff will help those at the front line handle the crowd.
    Source : The Standard News (HK)

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Disney boss eager to add attractions, The Standard News (HK), 2006/4/12

Interesting. I'm glad he realizes HKDL needs to handle 10 million yearly on it's own.

Now it just has to happen.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland
    Disneyland managing director Bill Ernest said Tuesday the government should speed up the reclamation work for phase two of the theme park.
    They're not talking second gate already are they? Or is Phase Two a shopping district?

HK Disneyland definitely needs another half park somewhere, like maybe behind the first gate?

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito
    They're not talking second gate already are they? Or is Phase Two a shopping district?

HK Disneyland definitely needs another half park somewhere, like maybe behind the first gate?
    Phase 2 in this context means 2nd Gate/2nd Park.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Sure would like ta know what they all think's so special 'bout the dang Train that goes 'round the park. Heck!! Sure don't take much ta impress folks at Ping Pong Dizzyland, if'n that's their fav'rite thing ta do!

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland
    Phase 2 in this context means 2nd Gate/2nd Park.
    Yowza, have they no shame??

Let me guess..."Disney's China Adventure!" Why, they've even got their one attraction set to go! After all, Wonders of China in Epcot doesn't need all nine screens, does it?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I thought Phase 2 always referred to the land currently blocked by the promenade, and it was to be used for things such as Frontierland and Toontown.

I think there is a terminology mix-up (at least in my mind) between the Phase 1 Extension and Phase 2, which is largely taken to be the same thing.

Actually, I think you are right. Phase 2 in this case means a second gate, but Phase 1 needs to be completed at some stage I'd imagine!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Wow, what's phase 2? Walt disney studios china? Dca? (Lol) experimental protottype china of tomorrow?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    experimental protottype china of tomorrow?
    Ha ha yeah, they'd just build a marketplace and declare it capitalistic and the government would just come in with tanks saying "no no".

Lol With the train...it is the first thing people see. Plus China has all these new modern trains...a classic old train probably isn't as common in China (same way we Americans love monorails).

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Lol With the train...it is the first thing people see. Plus China has all these new modern trains...a classic old train probably isn't as common in China (same way we Americans love monorails).
    China is one of the few (if not only) places in the world where mainline steam (and sometimes horse and cart) operations continue. Most of this is in the North and away from the coast, alothough I believe there is a narrow gauge line or two near Beijing.
    Around the PRD and Guangzhou I think the network is a more modern affair, and since this is the main draw area for HKDL, older trains would probably be more special for these people.
    That said, I don't think China ever had trains of old American design like those at HKDL, so these units are different from anything you'd find normally.
    Unfortunately the trains at HKDL aren't steam powered as they are in all the other Magic Kingdoms. The "steam engines" themselves are shells, with the actual motor units being in the tenders. All the whistles and steam sounds are recordings.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Recordin's?! Is that the best they can do?!?! Why, if'n I was a guest at Ping Pong Dizzyland, I'd march right over ta Pest Relations an' demand my dang money back!!!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    Pest Relations

That one's a keeper!