Thread: Flash Flood

• Banned User

Flash Flood

Looking at photos. I would hate to be at the park so close to the water and have some major storm come wash everything away.

• Old Timer

That was Eisners idea of making a Honk Kong DisneySea
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Banned User

Well...TDR has survived 22 yrs by the edge of Tokyo Bay, in reclaimed land, just like HKDL... So we can only keep our fingers crossed for a prosperous and tsunami-free resort.

And DL has survived 50 years in one of the most seismicaly active areas ... and WDW survives hurricanes, tornados, daily flooding in the summer, brush fires in the spring etc ...

• Banned User

..but not brazilian tour groups.

• Banned User

Disneyland Paris has survived the constant rain and snow.

• Minion

ORDDU: Except for the lovely castle they have there. Our sources have told us that, due to the intricate and original roofing of the castles towers, the way rain drains from the castle has created a leaking problem that is unique and this is why Disney will never again build a Sleeping Beauty Castle that is so detailed. This is one reason Hong Kong's castle is the more simple Anaheim version--which is much cheaper and easier to maintain.

• Banned User

I wonder if they will ever build something like Disneyland Paris again? I can't stand this Hong Kong abreviated version of Disneyland. Though it is somewhat an improvement over DCA and more along the lines of Animal Kingdom(quality, low quanity), they really can't afford to keep building their theme parks like this with the mistake of DCA and the WORST mistake of all, Walt Disney Studios Paris.

• Old Timer

I am not the least bit concerned or worried about a Disney theme park in China, I know that for the rest of my life there will be no chance at ALL that I will ever go there. Let the chinese have their thing, after all look at how much chinese garbage we have in our markets...
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    I am not the least bit concerned or worried about a Disney theme park in China, I know that for the rest of my life there will be no chance at ALL that I will ever go there. Let the chinese have their thing, after all look at how much chinese garbage we have in our markets...
    That's kind of unfortunate you feel you would never get to visit Hong Kong, but if you really would like to, you can make it happen. I have come to believe nothing is impossible if you really want to do it. Seems to me, you don't want to. Yet, just because you feel you don't want to go, doesn't mean the park is deserving of any lesser thrills. For each one person who says they will never go there, there are 1000 who would like to go and deserve a good quality park. So never say never.

Well put, TDLFAN. I want to visit Hong Kong just because it is one of the world's great cities. Having a DL there is only ADDED incentive to go.

As to the comment about 'Chinese garbage' flooding our market, we only have the average American (who wants the cheapest crap possible) to thank for that ... and our idiot politicians (who are so willing to allow companies to ship jobs overseas). Goooooooooo WalMart!