Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Talking TDLFAN's day at HKDLR in photos

Hello everyone!! I had the immense pleasure of returning to HKDL on April 16th 2006 for my third visit to that resort and park. The first two times, I dedicated myself to just enjoying the surroundings, without taking many photos. Just wanting to be there with the purpose of seeing the fine theming this baby park got on opening day last September 12th, 05. This time though, I returned to HKDL, mostly by request of several online friends and friends unknown who have been emailing me requesting more "pictorial tour"-style photos and wanting to know more about HKDL's look and theming. Therefore, with camera in hand, I set out to ride some rides, skip the shows I have seen already and try to capture as many details of HKDL park, as well as the big views, so those of you who have not been able to visit but are interested to see what HKDL had to offer besides rides, can enjoy this fine establishment thru some photography.

Well, after arriving there and capturing nearly 600 photos of the entire park, I was able to sort out and narrow to 405 pictures which I feel convey what HKDL is all about. Honestly, there is much more to HKDL Resort than 405 pictures, but I feel that is just about enough for one photo update.

Many have covered this park since it opened...and that was one reason why I didn't feel the need to do so again...but after so many people asking me to see more photos from HKDL, I felt it was about time to go back and document any changes since opening day or at least, how the park is holding up.

Much to my surprise... HKDL is still looking very very very clean and well maintained, with the exception of the outdoors of Space Mountain which needs some pressure washing... the rest of the park looked in great shape.

In this mega pictorial.. you will see some of the little things that make HKDL a joy.. and catch glimpses of things you may or may have not seen yet, such as the CM shuttle bus, new fence at the ticket booths, easter merchandise, Autopia track and boarding platform, new guidebook covers, samples of the castle show light and music show which plays every 15-30 mins nightly, a very generous look at the HKDL "Disney on Parade: Come Join the Magic" parade, "Disney in the Stars" fireworks, a generous look of details around Main Street in day and night time shots, some little spots that I personally enjoy, and even a very brief visit to HKDL and Hollywood Hotels.

I sure hope you find the time and stamina to look thru this album and enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed putting it together for the past 3 days. As always.. feel free to ask questions or comments.

Now, on with the show... Enjoy!

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32158611&f=
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 04-22-2006 at 01:11 AM.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: TDLFAN's day at HKDLR in photos

An amazing effort TDLFan. I've barely scraped the surface and I'm already bowled over.

Can't wait to get there in a few months!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, TDLFAN, duckling! Thank you for all those wonderful pictures!

ORDDU: Indeed! It's nice to see that they finally have Merlin out to do the Sword in the Stone Ceremony after all. Someone else had reported--a while back--that they didn't bother doing this over there.

ORGOCH: 'Course it wouldn't a killed ya ta take some pictures a some FROGS would it?

ORWEN: Will you just shut up about frogs for once, old biddy?! TDLFAN, duckling, was there any word about SMALL WORLD coming to Fantasyland while you were there?

ORDDU: Or--for that matter--was there any scuttlebut from cast members about ANY sort of new attraction coming soon--other than Autopia and that Stitch thing?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

405 photos, now that's my kind of update!!

WOW! Thanks for sharing! I really appreciate the effort you put into that post. I have seen other photo tours of HKDL before but never as intense as yours, and yes I read every caption too.

The parade looks like a fun little parade, and I am jealous cause all we have is that boring old snowglobe parade at the MK.

Just one question about the fireworks, does Tinkerbell to make an appearence since the castle is so short and there is not Matterhorn? Seeing Tink has always been a highlight for me.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=74086174&f=0
    This kills me...they now always have wet floor signs out due to that stupid fountain in the main sign...
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...611&p=74086185
    Where is this? Is this show going to be held within Space Mountain?

HKDL's Fantasyland seems to be the realistic detail of DLP's, but with the cutesy colors and such of TDL's...

I like the faux gothic interior of the Banquet Hall...interesting to see in a Magic Kingdom.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=74086968&f=0
    Quite a bit of land already reclaimed!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORWEN: Oh, TDLFAN, duckling! Thank you for all those wonderful pictures!

ORDDU: Indeed! It's nice to see that they finally have Merlin out to do the Sword in the Stone Ceremony after all. Someone else had reported--a while back--that they didn't bother doing this over there.

ORGOCH: 'Course it wouldn't a killed ya ta take some pictures a some FROGS would it?

ORWEN: Will you just shut up about frogs for once, old biddy?! TDLFAN, duckling, was there any word about SMALL WORLD coming to Fantasyland while you were there?

ORDDU: Or--for that matter--was there any scuttlebut from cast members about ANY sort of new attraction coming soon--other than Autopia and that Stitch thing?
    Witches, you crack me up. I have actually sent you some emails that have bounced back to me.. Not sure why. Now on to answer your questions.. No frogs at HKDL yet. However, look carefully and you will see the finale of JC, where the fire and water temple is at, the rocky formations look awfully like one of them ugly frogs with bulging eyes!!
    Heard nothing aboit IASW nor heard any CM talk about anything new besides what is documented on the pictorial with "coming soon" signs. And as you can see... I look FAT in those pictures... I am very depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=74086174&f=0
    This kills me...they now always have wet floor signs out due to that stupid fountain in the main sign...
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...611&p=74086185
    Where is this? Is this show going to be held within Space Mountain?
    Yes, I was ready to move them stupid signs out of the way to take my photos but there were CMs in sight.. As for the Stitch show.. I believe there will be a small theater built next door to Space Mountain somewhere, but not sure exactly where that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    The parade looks like a fun little parade, and I am jealous cause all we have is that boring old snowglobe parade at the MK.
    You should be. The MK parade is garbage and badly needs to be retired for a more upbeat colorful parade. Plays like a funeral march for Pluto.

Just one question about the fireworks, does Tinkerbell to make an appearence since the castle is so short and there is not Matterhorn? Seeing Tink has always been a highlight for me.
    Sadly no. Tink does not fly over HKDL during the fireworks, otherwise you would have seen here here. The fact is, the tallest building in the park is Space Mountain. There are no other areas from which a cable can be attached to make Tink fly over the park, unless they install something from that mountain behind the park. So for now..and possibly for a very long while...we won't see Tink fly in HKDL. Maybe if they had built a brand new Castle design as tall as Paris' then they could have done it, just like DLP does.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

It's nice to see a Mulan that actually looks like Mulan.

Have you faced the Yeti?

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsukai
    It's nice to see a Mulan that actually looks like Mulan.
    Mulan always looked like Mulan whenever I met her, at Epcot and at Disneyland Paris. It was always an Asian or an American/French woman of Asian heritage. I hate it when she is in her man-soldier outfit though, she looks like she could break my neck with her eyes. I prefer feminine Mulan.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

great.. this just makes me want to go... lol

(adds another place to the check list..
    Just outside of paris, london, tokyo, whereever universal is and now hong kong area.. lol)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    (adds another place to the check list..
    Just outside of paris, london, tokyo, whereever universal is and now hong kong area.. lol)
    Universal Japan is in Osaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Mulan always looked like Mulan whenever I met her, at Epcot and at Disneyland Paris. It was always an Asian or an American/French woman of Asian heritage.
    Not at WDW. Mulan is either Puerto Rican or Filipina.

• Banned User

The park is so beautiful and you can tell that all the lush landscaping is really starting to fill in. That's one thing they did right with this park- heavily landscape it. It doesn't lack shade like DCA and it isn't just plain ugly like WDSP. It's really a nice little park and the walkways and hotels surrounding it are done well too. They did a lot of good with this "resort." Everything is a step above what they have done within the last few years. My eyes are pleased with what I see. If only they built a few more E-tickets, it would have been perfect.

LOVELY pictures by the way!

I agree. The landscape at HKDL is really beautiful. The park still needs time to grow but right now it looks great.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Thanks for the pictures, HKDLFAN. =b Those semi-permanent wet pavement signs crack me up. How stupid do they think people are?

• Banned User

Am I the only one that thinks this thing is hideous?

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...611&p=74086535

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast