• Minion FOREVER!

What would you like to see next have Autopia/Stitch?

Pretend that you are Bill Ernest (who manages HKDL right now).

What would you like to build next after Autopia & Stitch in HKDL?

Would you go E-ticket? (PotC, Indy, HM)
    Mountain (Matterhorn/Everest)?
    Couple of C/D-tickets in Fantasyland?
    Another Land (What theme?)
    Just keep plussing what they have?

• Minion FOREVER!

Sorry, bad typo...should have been: What would you like to see after Autopia/Stitch?

My apologies....

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: What would you like to see next have Autopia/Stitch?

Well it depends on my money. A new E-ticket will drive the attendance, but for those crowded weeks I'd rather have two C/D rides. You need to still have quality rides but at the same time a quantity of rides. To me thier HM sounds cheaper to build than Pirate Mountain, though PM might drive attendance more...I'd shoot for Peter Pan's Flight and Haunted Mansion.

Hong Kong Disneyland has to really focus on the Fantasyland and Adventureland areas of the park. Tomorrowland with the opening Autopia soon should be fine for a while now. But with only 1 solid attraction (Jungle Cruise) in Adventureland, the area needs something like a Tiki Room or an E-ticket to really make the land that much better. Fantasyland simply lacks what other Fantasyland's have, which is dark rides. One dark ride (Pooh) is simply not good enough for a land of fantasy. Plus, I'm still not a great fan of the dated 70's facades they (for some unGodly reason) added. They need at least 2 more dark rides to even have it up to par with Disneyland Anaheim and Disneyland Paris' Fantasylands.

firstly, please take all of my comments about hkdl with a grain of salt, as i have never been there, and probably never will ever be able to afford to go, at least not until we're celebrating its 50th
    that said.....

isn't small world slated to come after Autopia and Stitch?

after small world, i would probably add 1-2 more c/d ticket dark rides in Fantasyland. Peter Pan, in my opinion, is a must for any and all fantasylands around the world, and then maybe one or two original dark rides. beauty and the beast/sleeping beauty any one? wishful thinking, i know, but if they want to draw in tourists from the states/around the world who are visiting China, a few original rides would really help in that regard. people dont want to travel 1/2 way around the world to ride the same rides they could in California, Orlando, Paris, or Tokyo.

As we have seen with DCA, a well done c/d ticket can draw in the crowds just as much as a mega E-ticket can, and from everything I have read, HKDL just doesnt have enough rides right now for a full day's trip, so i say fill out the park with smaller, less expensive, people eating rides, and focus on the E-tickets in a couple of years (4-5 years down the road).

but thats just my opinion, i could be wrong
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

sorry, double post

ok, how the heck did i manage to pull off a triple post? lol

my bad

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Well if we work on the assumption that IASW is definately happening and is the next attraction, I think Adventureland is definately the most needly land.

Open Pirates Mountain straight away, if it will take a few years, add a C-ticket in Adventureland in the mean time. It only really has 2 attractions and a show at the moment. It's a cool place to be but there's nothing to keep people there!
    Once Pirates is done I'd like to see a darkride in Fantasyland, preferably an original, although I think Peter Pan is a more realistic outcome.
    The year after that I think Adventureland could have some more attention with a new Haunted Mansion (a HKDL unique twist I would hope), before turning attention back to Tomorrowland.

Haunted Mansion could even come with or straight after Pirates Mountain, as Fantasyland isn't that needy. Whilst it has less attractions than any of the other Magic Kingdoms and only 1 dark ride, it has the most to do of any land in HKDL and doesn't really need more attractions as much as the other lands. It may even be an idea to put Toontown out the back, since Fantasyland Station already has a toon-inspired theme.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Hong Kong Disneyland has to really focus on the Fantasyland and Adventureland areas of the park. Tomorrowland with the opening Autopia soon should be fine for a while now. But with only 1 solid attraction (Jungle Cruise) in Adventureland, the area needs something like a Tiki Room or an E-ticket to really make the land that much better.
    Well, it doesn't have a Tiki Room, but it does have a show of its own Festival of the Lion King. It's pretty massive, and kind of dominates the landscape.

But the park does need more C and D rides generally. The thing I love about Anaheim is the ability to potter about endlessly between the various dark rides in Fantasyland. Fantasyland definitely has the most attractions of any land in HKDL - with Dumbo, Pooh, the teacups, the carousel, the Golden Mickeys and PhilharMagic - but that still only leaves four 'rideable' attractions in the land. Only one of these is something more than a carnival ride.

They need at least 2 more dark rides to even have it up to par with Disneyland Anaheim and Disneyland Paris' Fantasylands.
    Does it need to be on par with Anaheim and Paris? I often wonder whether the park, like DCA, suffers due to a lack of things to do or a deficiency by comparison. That said, I think HKDL's theming is spot-on in most regards - Adventureland looks the best of the Adventurelands IMO, for example - it just needs MORE of everything to be a 'world class' park.

Give the park some time. I believe it will grow and expand into something special.

So to answer this thread's question specifically, I think a couple of C/D attractions next to HKDL would serve Tomorrowland nicely. However, for HKDL generally, I think populating it with - I don't know - half a dozen more C/D rides (dark rides in Fantasyland most likely) and at least two more E-Tickets (possibly mountains or a PotC type ride) would be all they need to quiet the naysayers. All this is probably a few years away, but that's ok. We still have 4 other resorts to keep us occupied in the meantime.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Just this guy......

If I could get the budget, I would build New Orleans Square with both the HM and PotC. It would be a new land and it would feature two major attractions.