Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Let's hope that is City Hall at HKDL is really an attraction, I sure would hope for them to have some little exhibit... but that is doubtful.

• Minion

ORWEN: I agree, TDLFAN, duckling. Maybe they could even have something comparable to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Hmmmm....let's see, How about Great Moments with Mau Tse Tung?

Odds are good. I mean look at the size of it!

http://www.dlp.info/Guide/images/New...arch05-01x.jpg

• Banned User

Doesn't it seem like there is a lot of wasted space in this park? Look at all the space between Main Street and Adventurland. What about all the space on the south side of Tomorrowland behind Buzz and that resturaunt?

• Banned User

Backstage operations I guess. They are only showing us what they want us to see.

Even the other parks have a lot of wasted space in the backside of Main Street. MK for one have a huge parking lot behind Tomorrowland and Main Street East which could be used for expansion of both lands if they wanted to, or at least, walking arcades like those at DLP to alliviate congestion on crowded days.

The photos I've seen make it appear there is almost no real space to expand without going outside the berm. Some backstage areas can't simply be moved.

it's like I've been saying it seems they built everything too tightly together for things to be put into the park

Adventureland eats frontierland and yet shows little gain from this?

though I suppose Jungle cruise now resembles Rivers of America more (I perfered the criss crossing jungle cruise which seemed more interesting and fitting, I like the rivers of america but that's because I think of american rivers as straitforward that isn't how I see the jungle)

Well, even the hastily announced Autopia will be going outside the berm, so I have no idea what they'd do if they added a real E-Ticket like Pirates or Mansion.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Well, even the hastily announced Autopia will be going outside the berm, so I have no idea what they'd do if they added a real E-Ticket like Pirates or Mansion.
    Don't worry. They have room. They are following the Disneyland model. Place the ride enterance inside the berm and the show building outside the berm.

How about a Haunted Mansion in Advertureland with a Voodoo theme!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Former Epcot CM

Right. The way I see it is that this park has been built as a half-day family outing park, which is mainly aimed at local Annual Passholders who will take their families and/or partners to the park and enjoy the day. Looking at photos of the scenery and surroundings, the park has been built beautifully and although it is soooooooooo tiny (I think the one-day pass price is a rip off) the surroundings and greenery are stunning, the Jungle Cruise particuarly looks unique and exciting, Tomorrowland is intriguing and I wish people would stop being so bloody negative! Let the park blossom. The park wasn't built with the Walt Disney Company and the Hong Kong government knowing for the definite that the park would be a run away hit, which there is a 50/50 chance of being so. If the park is, I'm sure a lot more money will be ploughed into it to bring it up to 'standard' with worldwide Disney parks - especially now with new management and the desolution of Strategic Planning. I look forward to the years to come to see how Hong Kong Disneyland turns out - and if the people of Hong Kong (and mainland China) like floral artwork and stylised character meet n greets, that is what they should be provided with. Remember, each international theme park must evolve to meet the customs of it's host country - remember how dramatically attendance at Disneyland Paris rose when the alchohol ban was lifted? It may work in America, but not in cheez-n-wine France.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

I have tried to be fair when it comes to the newer Disney parks. While everyone was bashing DCA and WDSP, my position was.."I will comment once I have been there". I will apply the same principle to HKDL. We'll see what it's like and if it's worth it once I get there and see for myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12