Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Watch Your Language

HK Ocean Park Breaks Record despite competition from HKDL

海洋公園由去年7月至今,短短的10個月零8個月,入場人數已達到403萬,打破去年截至6月29日的紀錄 ,並刷下有史以來的新高。

昨日,香港居民陳氏一家四口,今年第6次到海洋公園遊玩,成為該公園第4,030,001位入場旅客,更獲 發終身免費入場證,及400萬粒糖果。

主席盛智文表示,入場情況令人振奮。今個年度海洋公園入場人數已達200萬人次,較去年多約一成,海外及本 地旅客各佔一半,盛智文指,新開設的水母館吸引更多本地旅客入場,亦表明公園深受港人青睞。

對今年「五一」黃金周的入園人次較去年同期減少,盛智文表示不足為奇,亦無懼與迪士尼樂園競爭。他指,海洋 公園會如期在年底實行擴建計劃。 (都市)
    Source: Metro HK News and HK Ocean Park Press Release

OCEAN PARK PRESENTS LIFE-TIME PASS GOOD FOR 4,030,001 VISITS TO ATTENDANCE RECORD-MAKING FAMILY ENTERING PARK TODAY

28 May 2006

(28 May –Hong Kong) In just 10 months and 28 days, Ocean Park today (28 May) surpassed the previous year’s full-year attendance record of 4,030,000 guests, which was set on 29 June last year. Ocean Park chairman, Dr Allan Zeman, and Hong Kong Tourism Board Executive Director, Ms Clara Chong, presented an Ocean Park Life-Time Pass, good for 4,030,001 free visits, bundled with four million candy pieces, to the Chan family from Hong Kong, a member of which became Ocean Park’s 4,030,001th guest today.

The Ocean Park 2005/2006 fiscal year is from 1 July 2005 to 30 June 2006.

The happy family of four from Hong Kong Island East received a multitude of gifts, including special behind-the-scene tours of animal habitats, such as those offered on the Honorary Giant Panda Keeper programme, Dolphin Encounter, and Animal Meet and Greet.

In presenting the Life-Time Pass to the Chan family, chairman Dr Zeman said, “As we all cheer about this remarkable achievement of breaking last year’s full year attendance record in 10 months and 28 days, we must say a big thank you to all our guests who made this happen. We could not have done this without them.”

Dr Zeman also thanked the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) for their efforts in boosting overseas visits to Hong Kong. “Overseas guests account for 50 percent of our attendance, and continues to show strong growth. We appreciate the efforts of HKTB in creating awareness and motivation in overseas markets to choose Hong Kong as a destination,” he said.

Dr Zeman also thanked the tour operators in Hong Kong who bring tour groups to Ocean Park.

Dr Zeman further acknowledged the efforts made by all Ocean Park staff. “All through these years, our colleagues have one common goal, which is to create a good experience for each of our guests. I am happy that our guests are responding with their support,” he said.

The Chan Family is from Hong Kong, and represents resurgence in 2006 of this market segment for Ocean Park. According to Dr Zeman, local guests today make up around 50 percent of the total annual attendance, with the other 50 percent being overseas tourists.

“We are pleased to see this trend, particularly because Ocean Park is Hong Kong’s home-grown theme park. We have worked very hard to improve what we already have. We again thank the people of Hong Kong for their continued support of Ocean Park,” Dr Zeman said.
    “To achieve this record attendance at this time holds special significance to us, as Ocean Park will celebrate its 30th anniversary in January 2007. We will develop more events and attractions over the future, and we look forward to providing another 30 years of record-breaking performance with great fun and excitement for our guests,” Mr Zeman said.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: HK Ocean Park Breaks Record despite competition from HKDL

Oh my god this sounds like a Disneyland set up.

The happy family of four from Hong Kong Island East received a multitude of gifts, including special behind-the-scene tours of animal habitats, such as those offered on the Honorary Giant Panda Keeper programme, Dolphin Encounter, and Animal Meet and Greet.
    I bet they were picked because they look pretty in photos, not because they were the actual record setters.

• Banned User

I think the seal is the prettiest thing in that picture. As for Ocean Park.... well congrats. Even if this topic should appear in the "NON Disney Parks" sections of Micechat since it is not related to HKDL.

Hongkongdisneyland... you need to place all of this non-Disney stuff in the "Other" section, and it really would be nice if you could just stick to HKDL-specific info only here. It's not that we don't appreciate your Googling all over for this info, but some of us would prefer to read HKDL stuff only in the "HKDL Section" of MC.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 05-29-2006 at 10:48 PM.

• Vehicle rotating backward

According to Dr Zeman, local guests today make up around 50 percent of the total annual attendance, with the other 50 percent being overseas tourists.
    I've never heard any theme park anywhere make a claim like this before, so the only way this makes sense is if they consider mainlanders to be "overseas tourists."

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I think the seal is the prettiest thing in that picture.
    Real or rubberhead? Personally, I like how THRILLED the children look to be there.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Good to see Ocean Park still doing soo well,even with the extra competition now from Mickey.Its also good news for the Hong Kong govement as the recent suscess of Ocean Park means that the investment of adding a Disney park plus all the other stuff there funding as part of Discover 2006 is starting to pay of,as its bringing in more tourist to Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I've never heard any theme park anywhere make a claim like this before, so the only way this makes sense is if they consider mainlanders to be "overseas tourists."
    Probably. China has a "city folk v. farm land folk" mentality...and I bet to the civilized Hong Kongers the mainlanders are pretty much as clueless as a French tourist would be.

• Banned User

Personally, I like how THRILLED the children look to be there.
    True, and for the looks of it, they also dress as bad as anyone who visit WDW. But then again...they used to be a british colony.

• Former Epcot CM

Even if this topic should appear in the "Other Theme Parks" sections of LP since it is not related to HKDL.
    Say, WHAT?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Former Epcot CM

But then again...they used to be a british colony.
    I think your nose is bleeding.

No?

Oh, it will be in October.

(EDIT: That was my 2000th post. How fitting, I was threatening TDLFAN with violence)
    Last edited by Speedway; 05-29-2006 at 04:00 PM.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Nice.

• Watch Your Language

True, and for the looks of it, they also dress as bad as anyone who visit WDW. But then again...they used to be a british colony.
    But then again.....here is the history of the british colonial america

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Say, WHAT?
    The quote has been fixed. My bad. I do get my sites confused from time to time. Apologists to MC.

As for threats of violence and bloodying my nose... NOT COOL! Even if you were joking, that is not nice.

• Watch Your Language

Real or rubberhead? Personally, I like how THRILLED the children look to be there.
    Although Hong Kong is part of China, Hong Kong maintains its own border and immigration control since Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region (Unlike Chinese cities such as Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai etc..). Mainlanders are also required to obtain travel permit to cross the border of Hong Kong (and also need to go through customs and immigration checkpoint), as such, they are also classified as "overseas" tourists.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 05-30-2006 at 03:51 AM.

It seems to me that you are implying that the British are bad dressers, is that what you think???

Whats that saying, people who live in glass houses.....
    Last edited by EurodisneyFan; 05-31-2006 at 12:13 PM.

• Banned User

I don't live in a house glass though..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast