Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland- Size?

The guest occupyable area in HKDL is very small. Look at guest circulation areas and lack of ride means less guests absorbed into them.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I think the 100 Acres include all of the undeveloped land right outside of the Railroad Tracks. If you look at an ariel view you can see that easily 1/3 of land reserved for the actual park is undeveloped.

I think Disney was smart to do it this way. Could you imagine how empty the park would feel if they had the Train Tracks going all they way around the park and had spread out the current roster of attractions over that land. This way they can start with a small controlled space(Cost Control) and then as it seems expand very slowly when they feel the time is right.

Lets just hope Disney doesn't fill up all the available land with "quick fixes".

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319
    I think the 100 Acres include all of the undeveloped land right outside of the Railroad Tracks. If you look at an ariel view you can see that easily 1/3 of land reserved for the actual park is undeveloped.
    I think you're right.

I think Disney was smart to do it this way. Could you imagine how empty the park would feel if they had the Train Tracks going all they way around the park and had spread out the current roster of attractions over that land. This way they can start with a small controlled space(Cost Control) and then as it seems expand very slowly when they feel the time is right..
    True. However, that's pretty much what occurred in DL when it opened in 1956.
    The Matterhorn, BTMRR/BTR and NOS areas all were empy or off-stage.

Lets just hope Disney doesn't fill up all the available land with "quick fixes".
    Here, here! Hope that's true!

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    The Matterhorn, BTMRR/BTR and NOS areas all were empy or off-stage
    I'm going to sound like a jerk but I can't help it ....DL opened in 1955. Not '56, sorry it just drives me insane when people get parks opening dates wrong. Alright have a nice day and don't forget to add me to your little book of hatred, if you have one....
    - Horizonsfan

Quote Originally Posted by nish221

The Matterhorn, BTMRR/BTR and NOS areas all were empy or off-stage.
    Right but hopefull 50 years later Disney has learned a thing or two and planned better for the expansion. Disneyland has kind of expanded in a more organic/haphasard way, which has its plusses and minuses. For example Splash mountain is practically sitting on the Haunted Mansion. Adventureland is nothing more than a cramped walkway to other parts of the park, and guest flow/ crowd control are a nightmare on busy days. On the plus side DL is very intimate and has alot of heart.

• Minion FOREVER!

Right but hopefull 50 years later Disney has learned a thing or two and planned better for the expansion. Disneyland has kind of expanded in a more organic/haphasard way, which has its plusses and minuses. For example Splash mountain is practically sitting on the Haunted Mansion. Adventureland is nothing more than a cramped walkway to other parts of the park, and guest flow/ crowd control are a nightmare on busy days. On the plus side DL is very intimate and has alot of heart.
    Couple of points,
    * HM actually extends beyond the berm. Splash saddles the berm. But I think
    they're the two closest E-tickets in DL. Oh, I take that back, PoTC & Indy are.
    And add to that the fact that JC is right next to the Indy queue.

* Although I wouldn't call Adventureland "nothing more than a crammed
    walkway to other parts of the park" when it has both JC and Indy (and
    Tiki Room), I completely agree that that it sometimes seems to be that way.

* Guest flow/crowd control is lousy even on not so busy days. Adventureland,
    Tarzan's Treehouse, TL Rockets, Fantasmic, Fireworks all cause havoc
    with flow of people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12