• Watch Your Language

Shanghai Disneyland? Purely speculation and rumors said Shanghai Tourism official

According to Takungpao, A senior official of Shanghai Tourism, Mr. Tao responded to the rumors that Disney would be building a theme park (1,000 hectares in Pudong) in Shanghai in 2010, the same year Shanghai will be hosting the World Expo, he said "these are all speculation by media, I have never heard of it getting confirmed".

Source: Takungpao (in chinese only)

• Minion

Re: Shanghai Disneyland? Purely speculation and rumors said Shanghai Tourism official

No offence to anybody but......why the hell are they even thinking of building another one so close. I mean Tokyo is already really close to Hong Kong but Shanghai? That's just ridiculous. Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it so we'll just have to see how it turns out.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Watch Your Language

Re: Shanghai Disneyland? Purely speculation and rumors said Shanghai Tourism official

as far as distance is concerned, Shanghai is somewhere between Tokyo and Hong kong.

• Sea Creature

I think it could work, it's a good location. It's just unfair that China gets two resorts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    I think it could work, it's a good location. It's just unfair that China gets two resorts.
    Yes, I just think the distance it too close. The only way this might work is if the park they build is unique and not a clone of HKDL.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Mr. Tao responded to the rumors that Disney would be building a theme park (1,000 hectares in Pudong) in Shanghai in 2010, the same year Shanghai will be hosting the World Expo, he said "these are all speculation by media, I have never heard of it getting confirmed".
    Well, Mr. Tao is the first official over there to more or less speak honestly about this venture, all the other Shanghai politicians are falling over themselves like it's a done deal already and want to talk about how great it will be.

"Speculation by the media?" Just WHO is running or controlling the media on the mainland, hmm?!

I'm sure Mr. Tao will report to "the chamber" for his independent thinking soon.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Lmao MickeyMania.

Thumbs up Re: Shanghai Disneyland? Purely speculation and rumors said Shanghai Tourism official

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post

"Speculation by the media?" Just WHO is running or controlling the media on the mainland, hmm?!

Good observation

It really isn't a fantastic location. All this will do is tear away guests from the Hong Kong park. Even if the Shanghai park is built, it couldn't be built any bigger than Hong Kong's park because then the people deciding where to go will obviously choose the bigger park.

With attendance being slightly below average in the Hong Kong park, it's honestly stupid to think about building another one so close. They would be better off building a Disneyland elsewhere.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    It really isn't a fantastic location. All this will do is tear away guests from the Hong Kong park. Even if the Shanghai park is built, it couldn't be built any bigger than Hong Kong's park because then the people deciding where to go will obviously choose the bigger park.

With attendance being slightly below average in the Hong Kong park, it's honestly stupid to think about building another one so close. They would be better off building a Disneyland elsewhere.

That's exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you.

• Banned User

Good, it better be rumors...and false at that.