• Watch Your Language

HK Buildings Dept has approved the Bldg plan for IASW, ORISUN News, 2006-8-23

According to HK ORISUN News,

Hong Kong Building Dept has approved the Bldg Plan for IASW at HKDL.
    Total Area of the site is over 7,400 sq. metres, at least 2 or 3 times bigger than any attractions in Fantasyland including the Storybook Theatre.

It is estimated that IASW might be completed sometime in 2008.

迪士尼建小小世界

【本報訊】迪士尼遊樂設施「小小世界」即將進駐香港迪士尼樂園。屋宇署於上月批出香港迪士尼「幻想世界」新 建樓宇的圖則,總面積佔地達七千四百多平方米的「小小世界」,將較現有幻想世界最大面積的遊樂設施大逾一倍 ,估計最快於二○○八年落成,迪士尼樂園現已大興土木,為興建工程作前期準備。

屋宇署上月完成有關迪士尼新建樓宇圖則的審批,據資料顯示,有關工地暫稱為「建築物四一四」的地盤,面積達 七千四百一十九點四平方米,佔地等同兩至三個現有幻想世界的大型設施,包括米奇幻想曲、米奇金像音樂劇等, 相對於旋轉木馬、咖啡杯等中型遊樂設施面積更大十數倍。 據了解,該地盤將建設單一遊樂設施,正是全球迪士尼樂園必備的「小小世界」,該設施起源於一九六四年美國紐 約世界博覽會,遊客可在室內乘坐小船沿人工河流「環遊世界」,欣賞約一百個穿世界各地民族服飾的可愛娃娃 載歌載舞,沿途有逾三百個音樂及動畫效果,並播放全世界均耳熟能詳的樂曲《世界真細小》。
    Source : ORISUN News (in Chinese only)

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: HK Buildings Dept has approved the Bldg plan for IASW, ORISUN News, 2006-8-23

That is positive news indeed! While it is still just in the development application stage, it is an expensive process, so it would seem that Disney are at least partly serious about expanding the park, despite the recent reports about not expecting anything big soon.

(And thanks for the link HKDL - will report THIS one!)
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: HK Buildings Dept has approved the Bldg plan for IASW, ORISUN News, 2006-8-23

Thanks, HKDL!

This definitely is positive and follows something more realistic
    than seeing iasw by 2007.

Also "near future" is a very relative term; I guess 2008 isn't "near future"
    in someone's vocabulary, but it sure is in mine.

IMHO, it's a perfect start (even more than Autopia) in terms of a high
    capacity ride that many people will like. Hope there are more to
    come in the "near future". "-)

Would be interesting how different or same it is from DL's.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I'm confused. I mean, I thought the announcement for It's a Small World had already been publically announced two months ago. Why is there an announcement about it, now, as if it had never been announced before?

ORGOCH: Cause the dumb clucks over there in Ping Pong Dizzyland cain't seem ta make up their minds whether er not they wanna have a real theme park er not!

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORWEN: Well, I'm confused. I mean, I thought the announcement for It's a Small World had already been publically announced two months ago. Why is there an announcement about it, now, as if it had never been announced before?

ORGOCH: Cause the dumb clucks over there in Ping Pong Dizzyland cain't seem ta make up their minds whether er not they wanna have a real theme park er not!
    Well technically this isn't an official announcement about the ride either. Just another article about some sort of rumour or milestone of the ride that HKDL itself has yet to acknowledge.
    As far as I'm aware, to date Hong Kong Disneyland has never mentioned any intention of building IASW in any official release.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, someone on either this web footed site or some OTHER web footed site DID post what appeared to be an official announcement for It's a Small World back in June. That's why a whole coven of witches is confused!

ORGOCH: Speak fer yerself, sister! I ain't confused 'bout nothin'. 'Sides, what Ping Pong Dizzyland is a doin' ain't no dif'rent than what ya does, yerself! They cain't make up their mind 'bout what ta put in that dinky park a theirs any more than yerself can make up yer own mind 'bout goin' on a dang diet!!!

I'm sure the WDS results and HKDL was similar but HKDL will have a lots new rides small rides but more enjoyment .

It's better to build a lots of new small rides like Small World than a HUGE ride wich will cost a lot more like POTC .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

So it's following the "It's a Small World: A Magical TRansformation" format that I've seen the concept art and pins sold for in The New York World of Disney then? Honestly, it looks pretty cute.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    So it's following the "It's a Small World: A Magical TRansformation" format that I've seen the concept art and pins sold for in The New York World of Disney then? Honestly, it looks pretty cute.
    Yes, I think so.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Banned User

What does that look like?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I wish I had a pic of it, but basically, as you are traveling through the countries, the characters are in "Mary Blair It's a Small World Design" and are in the appropriate countries. I remember Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, The Hunchback, The Three Caballeros, etc. If they keep the design the same, it could be really cute!

Here is the biggest pic I could find of the artwork:
    http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group...=877&pin=45866
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 09-03-2006 at 07:48 AM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I wish I had a pic of it, but basically, as you are traveling through the countries, the characters are in "Mary Blair It's a Small World Design" and are in the appropriate countries. I remember Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, The Hunchback, The Three Caballeros, etc. If they keep the design the same, it could be really cute!

Here is the biggest pic I could find of the artwork:
    http://p078.ezboard.com/fpennielanes...icID=117.topic

Oh my gawd!
    That sounds awesome!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort