• Watch Your Language

HKDL got substantial increase in Mainland Tourists, HKATV News, 2006-8-28

迪士尼暑假期間內地旅客大幅增加

香港迪士尼樂園暑假期間,內地旅客大幅增加,由以往佔入場人次三成多上升至五成,迪士尼推出夏日套票及加開 新景點後,再次入場的本港及內地旅客明顯增多。

迪士尼樂園開幕近一年,在暑假期間吸引不少人入場,當中很多是內地人,好像兩個來自中山的家庭,第一次帶三 個小朋友來遊玩:「暑假長些,有充足時間來玩呀,平時就無時間,因為星期日都要上學。」

一張夏日套票,吸引到宋先生今年第三次與兒子入場:「如果有夏日套票,當然會來多幾次,如果無的話,我想都 不會來這麼多。」

香港迪士尼樂園表示,過往入場的人來自香港、內地及東南亞,大約各佔三分一,但暑假期間就有明顯改變,內地 旅客比例大幅上升至一半。至於樂園是否已達到首年五百六十萬入場人次目標,迪士尼不肯透露,但強調入場人數 持續強勁:「例如夏日套票,在廣州、廣東省有居民會購買夏日套票...我們增多了重複入場旅客,因為香港其 實很多人來過,但因為三個新景點,他們想快些來玩,(入場人次)是有增長。」

迪士尼又表示,每天會向幾百個旅客做問卷調查,得出的結果是,沒有人認為樂園面積小,有部分更覺得一天不夠 玩,所以認為樂園對旅客持續有吸引力。

Source: HKATV News

Translation:

HKDL got substantial increase in Mainland Tourists.

Mainland Tourists now account for 50% of the Total number of visitors to the park.

There have been a lot of re-visit to HKDL since the introduction of Summer Pass and 3 new attractions for summer.

Their latest customer survey reveals that most guests don't find HKDL too small, instead they feel they don't have enough time for everything in one day!

• Minion

Re: HKDL got substantial increase in Mainland Tourists, HKATV News, 2006-8-28

ORGOCH: Lies, lies 'n MORE lies!! Them goomers over there only hears what they wanna' hear!! What 'bout all them folks that says there ain't 'nuff ta do in that dinky little play pen?! Ain't they ever gonna listen ta none a THEM?!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Lies, lies 'n MORE lies!! Them goomers over there only hears what they wanna' hear!! What 'bout all them folks that says there ain't 'nuff ta do in that dinky little play pen?! Ain't they ever gonna listen ta none a THEM?!
    I agree. Even though I haven't been there, Hong Kong Disneyland looks like just a half day park. After hitting Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, and Mickey's PhilharMagic, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, and maybe Winnie the Pooh, there's really nothing to do. On a slow day, this can be accomplished in less than 2 hours.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Well... I find more entertainment value on other things besides the rides you mentioned up above... I do enjoy the shows and parades, and go shopping and trying some of the food available at the parks. Then go exploring the little details there are. Saying there's nothing to do after the rides is simply misguided and the opinion of some one who would not value the park beyond the usual offerings. Coming from you surprises me even more, concidering how much you appreciate JTTCOTE's beauty, technical aspects and such.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well... I find more entertainment value on other things besides the rides you mentioned up above... I do enjoy the shows and parades, and go shopping and trying some of the food available at the parks. Then go exploring the little details there are. Saying there's nothing to do after the rides is simply misguided and the opinion of some one who would not value the park beyond the usual offerings. Coming from you surprises me even more, concidering how much you appreciate JTTCOTE's beauty, technical aspects and such.

Oh believe me, I wasn't judging the park on its attractions. I was just saying that for the kind of people who only hit rides, it may only be enough to thrill them for half a day. Like you said, I'm the kind of person who takes in the atmosphere and explores details. Reason why I love Tokyo DisneySea. However...I have not been to Hong Kong Disneyland, so I can not say whether or not it has enough stuff to keep me busy.

• Banned User

HKDL kept me interested all day long. The fact that there is not a lot to do works for me because I can take it nice and slow and not rush from one thing to the next, giving me plenty of time to explore around at will... Great park to relax, except when it's too crowded.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    HKDL kept me interested all day long. The fact that there is not a lot to do works for me because I can take it nice and slow and not rush from one thing to the next, giving me plenty of time to explore around at will... Great park to relax, except when it's too crowded.
    I hate to say this, but this was exactly how I felt even at Tokyo DisneySea. The only attractions I really wanted to re-ride multiple times were JttCotE and Indy. After that, I'm sort of just walking around the park. I remember sitting on a bench for one hour, drinking a kirin lemon and eating a snack. Gotta love the Gyoza Sausage Buns and Yucatan Sausage Rolls. Yum!

In fact... I remember sitting on a bench for every port, just taking in the theming and details. I love Tokyo DisneySea, especially at night!