• I was deleted.

Discussion: Hong Kong Disneyland resort line train unveiled -TravelDailyNews 05/02/05

This thread is the discussion thread for news thread, Hong Kong Disneyland resort line train unveiled.

What are your thoughts about this unique train and system for Hong Kong Disneyland?

• Greetings, Program!

Sounds incredible....as does everything Disney related that is bestowed on our Asian neighbors.

Begs the question - why do they get all the new and innovative stuff (DisneySeas, resort train, Super high-tech version of Pooh ride) while we get simple ride overlays?

Ugh......Do we need to beg the Oriental Land Company to just take over Western ops or something????

(and yes, I know OLC wasn't mentioned in the article - just citing them as an example of what is right with them and wrong with OUR Disney)
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Sounds incredible....as does everything Disney related that is bestowed on our Asian neighbors.

Begs the question - why do they get all the new and innovative stuff (DisneySeas, resort train, Super high-tech version of Pooh ride) while we get simple ride overlays?

Ugh......Do we need to beg the Oriental Land Company to just take over Western ops or something????

(and yes, I know OLC wasn't mentioned in the article - just citing them as an example of what is right with them and wrong with OUR Disney)
    Personally I am excited to hear such detail going into this project. Of course the train might not draw guests like larger E-ticket attractions or more attractions might but a clear effort is apparent. With the limited amount of attractions that will be there opening day I think each one needs to be outstanding and really sparkle. From the sounds of this the train is already sparkling!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Personally I am excited to hear such detail going into this project. Of course the train might not draw guests like larger E-ticket attractions or more attractions might but a clear effort is apparent. With the limited amount of attractions that will be there opening day I think each one needs to be outstanding and really sparkle. From the sounds of this the train is already sparkling!

Oh indeed, I'm sure every single stop is being pulled out for this. It still gives me hope that so much love and effort can be put into a Disney project, and Disney's dream and brand of entertainmentshould continue to be spread the world over.

Juuuuuuuuuuust sayin....would be nice to have a train of our own to bring in folks from, say, John Wayne Airport to the DLR.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Oh indeed, I'm sure every single stop is being pulled out for this. It still gives me hope that so much love and effort can be put into a Disney project, and Disney's dream and brand of entertainmentshould continue to be spread the world over.

Juuuuuuuuuuust sayin....would be nice to have a train of our own to bring in folks from, say, John Wayne Airport to the DLR.
    That's where I'm flying into this July. That would help me save on a future taxi fare or shuttle cost on my next trip since I can't rent a car for another six years. I can't wait to see this train in action and see how it works.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

As a train buff, this is interesting news. Reading the article mentions "whimsical" trains with Mickey Mouse shaped windows! I went hunting for pics and they're not easy to find. Here's a link to the HongKongDisneyland Official Site and more info. You can see some posters depicting the trains in the backgrounds of some of the pics of the dignitaries.
    http://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/en.../20050425.html
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

I think these trains look fantastic, but don't seem very spacious inside though.
    I managed to find this link for them, hope it works, i only joined today and have no idea what i'm doing

http://community.webshots.com/photo/200978121SBucEc

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah
    I think these trains look fantastic, but don't seem very spacious inside though.
    I managed to find this link for them, hope it works, i only joined today and have no idea what i'm doing

Ah, that's great! Everything looks bright and fun. Where did the photo come from? Welcome to MiceChat!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by sarah

These interior shots are really great! Thanks for searching them out. It's almost a shame that DLR is so close to the Amtrak line. It would be really nice to have dedicated train from Los Angeles to DL and another from San Diego to DL (just run a short spur line from the mainline to the DLR entrance plaza would do the trick), but I'm afraid that since the current Amtrak station is so close, just a shuttle to the park is all we'll ever see.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

This is great. We can all talk about the nicely designed trains and take our minds off what won't be included in Hong Kong Disneyland Lite.