• Watch Your Language

Spokesman for Disney "No Plan to set up theme park in Singapore",udn.com, 2006-9-7

迪士尼否認有到新加坡設樂園的計畫
    (2006-09-07 15:08)
    新加坡媒體稍早報導,迪士尼正和新加坡政府重新展開談判,打算在新加坡設立新的迪士尼樂園。迪士尼香港發言 人今天向彭博社表示,迪士尼沒有到新加坡設立迪士尼樂園的計畫。
    彭博社的報導引述迪士尼香港發言人高斯(Alannah Goss)在電話訪談的談話表示,「公司沒有在新加坡發展的意向,沒有這回事」。
    新加坡聯合早報今天以頭版頭刊登一篇報導,引述不具名人士的話說,華特迪士尼公司正與新加坡政府磋商,在新 加坡建一座迪士尼主題公園。 報導稱,新加坡政府預計提供一塊位於濱海東黃金地段的土地給迪士尼,面積大約和站第七十公頃的東京迪士尼樂 園一樣大。 聯合早報的報導還指馬來西亞三個月前「高調」向迪士尼招手,但卻遭到迪士尼否認有到馬國建迪士尼樂園的計畫 。
    Source: udn.com

Spokesman for WDC at HKDL (Alannah Goss) said Disney has no plan to setup a theme park in Singapore.

Re: Spokesman for Disney "No Plan to set up theme park in Singapore",udn.com, 2006-9-

Have you guys been to Singapore? It seems like every square inch of that place has been planned out and utilized. I can't imagine where they would even put it. Maybe tear down Malaka and put it there?
    ** A photoshop princess **

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Spokesman for Disney "No Plan to set up theme park in Singapore",udn.com, 2006-9-7

I have been to Singapore, and Disneyland and the country have one great thing in common: they are usually both devoid of litter.

I can't imagine Singapore squeezing in a DL, and nor have I heard any prior rumours about one being set up there. What prompted this spokesman to refute something that wasn't really an issue?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Re: Spokesman for Disney "No Plan to set up theme park in Singapore",udn.com, 2006-9-7

I think it is just an old tactic used by TWDC.

Remember there were rumors for a Shanghai / Singapore park when TWDC was negotiated with the Hong Kong SAR government for HKDL in 1998. Now TWDC is negotiating with the Shanghai Government for the Shanghai DL, they just need to give some pressure to the Chinese.

Does the tactic work this time? My opinion is not. The failure of HKDL shows that Disney management style just doesn’t work in China (or any overseas markets). What Asian Market needs is a TDL style agreement – let the local owner to operate the park and to create their own marketing and sales strategy. Disney is good in selling creative ideas, but please let the “customer” to decide what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by pennysbay View Post
    but please let the “customer” to decide what they want.

What are you talking about???

Re: Spokesman for Disney "No Plan to set up theme park in Singapore",udn.com, 2006-9-

Quote Originally Posted by anilorak View Post
    Have you guys been to Singapore? It seems like every square inch of that place has been planned out and utilized. I can't imagine where they would even put it. Maybe tear down Malaka and put it there?

It looks like they are talking about an indoor theme park.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/060908/5/singapore229204.html

• Banned User

Talks. No talks. What is the deal with all these countries coming out and saying they are setting up negotiations. Singapor? Bejiing? Shanghai? What is going on?