• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Halloween, Holidays and New Year’s Eve Fun as HKDL Announces More Festive Events

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=36

An enchanting season of fun and fantasy is in store for guests as Hong Kong Disneyland today revealed a glimpse of the exciting line up of festivals and events themed around Halloween, the Holidays and New Year’s Eve.

Want more? Go to HKDLSource, of course.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Re: Halloween, Holidays and New Year’s Eve Fun as HKDL Announces More Festive Events

The scale is too small and I don't think HKDL is able to attract more attendance through such events. HKDL's competitor, Ocean Park, has produced its extremely successful Halloween Celebration for years and they are going to enhance the program further this year. They have already got three major sponsors for the event and sold out all the Privilege Tickets for 11 nights! How about HKDL? The situation is so sorry as nothing it has achieved at this moment.

Event thought Disney is an expert in Entertainment it doesn’t willing to invest in HKDL so no doubt Ocean Park will do a much better Halloween Celebration in this year. HKDL Management should be very happy if the park can achieve an average daily attendance for 12,000 (40% of its capacity) attendances during the Halloween period (I am serious and my number has included all staff free tickets which make up 30% of its attendance).

HKDL needs to attract real paid guests (not staff tickets holders) to improve its revenue. To achieve this target it can either invest in attractions / hardware or special event program / software. Unfortunately HKDL has done very limited job in this area. May be the WDI Imagineers are too busy for the Shanghai Project?

For all domestic readers, I just want to let you know that after HKDL has released its attendance figures (5M) near all local media are blaming the HKSAR Government everyday for the decision to make the HKDL agreement with TWDC. They also blaming the HKDL management (from TWDC) for their poor performance.

You may think they are too nervious, however consider Hong Kong tax payers have spent USD 3billions for a world class Disney Theme Park and now they find the product is performing far behind a small, old, local theme park (Ocean Park). It is not hard to understand why they are so angry.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Halloween, Holidays and New Year’s Eve Fun as HKDL Announces More Festive Events

Yes but the news has hated HKDL since ground was broken in 03.

Not really, the media treated HKDL quite well and there were many positive stories until August 2005

The situation reversed when people finally find the park was so small and there were a series of PR incidents during the Grand Opening