• Banned User

HKDL.... Space MT.

Isn't it the same design as the one at DL? I know the trains are going to be similar... just different paint sceme.. oh and while looking around at RCDB.. i found this:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1975.htm

Interesting paint sceme... and Logo....

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    From what I've heard this is an exact copy of the one that can be found at Disneyland California.Shows you just how much this parks budget was cut back.Instead of the ausome cutting edge Space Mountain that can be found at Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong's Space Mountain will resemble the original design.While a classic in some people's eyes,its still not something you expect from a brand new park.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    From what I've heard this is an exact copy of the one that can be found at Disneyland California.Shows you just how much this parks budget was cut back.Instead of the ausome cutting edge Space Mountain that can be found at Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong's Space Mountain will resemble the original design.While a classic in some people's eyes,its still not something you expect from a brand new park.
    Oh, you mean the awesome deterating SM at DLP?
    Have you've actually ridden it?
    It's okay. I much liked it better when it opened up, but my last visit to DLP (two summers ago) wasn't very exciting. You got to give the original SM designers some credit. SM at DLP hasn't nearly been around as long as the one at DL/WDW, and it already is getting a big change.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    Oh, you mean the awesome deterating SM at DLP?
    Have you've actually ridden it?
    It's okay. I much liked it better when it opened up, but my last visit to DLP (two summers ago) wasn't very exciting. You got to give the original SM designers some credit. SM at DLP hasn't nearly been around as long as the one at DL/WDW, and it already is getting a big change.
    Yes I got to ride Space Mountain in Paris a year a go.Its only gotten into the state its in because of 10 years of neglect.I think overall the Paris Space Mountain in its original state was the best version of the ride ever built.And hopely on April 9th it will return to its original form.

I just wish that instead of dusting of old plans for Space Mountain,Disney would of taken a new aproach and done something new and cutting edge just like it did 10 years a go when it open Paris Space Mountain.

• Banned User

Well, if there were to do something on the scale of the DLP version, they'd have to steal with the show building. It's my belief that the show building is much bigger than the one in SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    Well, if there were to do something on the scale of the DLP version, they'd have to steal with the show building. It's my belief that the show building is much bigger than the one in SoCal.
    I'm not too sure

remeber much of the DL mountain is burried underground

then again the Paris one might be wider but not taller?

who knows?

hopefully the effects inside the Mountain are new (our are supposed to be upgraded so we'll get an idea when we get ours back I suppose)

• Banned User

I thought the only big changes to the ride were a new loading area and music.Rest of the ride will remain the same!

• wasting time

I found this picture in the Walt Disney Company 2004 report: