Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864

    HKDL.... Space MT.

    Isn't it the same design as the one at DL? I know the trains are going to be similar... just different paint sceme.. oh and while looking around at RCDB.. i found this:

    http://www.rcdb.com/ig1975.htm

    Interesting paint sceme... and Logo....

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594
    From what I've heard this is an exact copy of the one that can be found at Disneyland California.Shows you just how much this parks budget was cut back.Instead of the ausome cutting edge Space Mountain that can be found at Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong's Space Mountain will resemble the original design.While a classic in some people's eyes,its still not something you expect from a brand new park.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    From what I've heard this is an exact copy of the one that can be found at Disneyland California.Shows you just how much this parks budget was cut back.Instead of the ausome cutting edge Space Mountain that can be found at Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong's Space Mountain will resemble the original design.While a classic in some people's eyes,its still not something you expect from a brand new park.
    Oh, you mean the awesome deterating SM at DLP?
    Have you've actually ridden it?
    It's okay. I much liked it better when it opened up, but my last visit to DLP (two summers ago) wasn't very exciting. You got to give the original SM designers some credit. SM at DLP hasn't nearly been around as long as the one at DL/WDW, and it already is getting a big change.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    Oh, you mean the awesome deterating SM at DLP?
    Have you've actually ridden it?
    It's okay. I much liked it better when it opened up, but my last visit to DLP (two summers ago) wasn't very exciting. You got to give the original SM designers some credit. SM at DLP hasn't nearly been around as long as the one at DL/WDW, and it already is getting a big change.
    Yes I got to ride Space Mountain in Paris a year a go.Its only gotten into the state its in because of 10 years of neglect.I think overall the Paris Space Mountain in its original state was the best version of the ride ever built.And hopely on April 9th it will return to its original form.

    I just wish that instead of dusting of old plans for Space Mountain,Disney would of taken a new aproach and done something new and cutting edge just like it did 10 years a go when it open Paris Space Mountain.

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,240
    Well, if there were to do something on the scale of the DLP version, they'd have to steal with the show building. It's my belief that the show building is much bigger than the one in SoCal.

  6. #6

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    Well, if there were to do something on the scale of the DLP version, they'd have to steal with the show building. It's my belief that the show building is much bigger than the one in SoCal.
    I'm not too sure

    remeber much of the DL mountain is burried underground

    then again the Paris one might be wider but not taller?

    who knows?

    hopefully the effects inside the Mountain are new (our are supposed to be upgraded so we'll get an idea when we get ours back I suppose)

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594
    I thought the only big changes to the ride were a new loading area and music.Rest of the ride will remain the same!

  8. #8

    • wasting time
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,176
    I found this picture in the Walt Disney Company 2004 report:


Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Plusing Space Mountain with Mission Space element
    By Dlandclub33 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
  2. TDL's upgraded Space Mountain vs. DLR's Space Mountain
    By ChrisFL in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 05:44 PM
  3. Spooky Space Mountain/Haunted Space Mountain Idea...
    By Quacky4Donald in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 02:39 PM
  4. NEW VP at HKDL gave a hint that HKDL will be expanded, HKDLR
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 08:49 AM
  5. New (HKDL) Space Mountain Train Pictures !
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 12:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •