Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• wasting time

Oh goody. In a few years I can fly thousands of miles across the globe and spend thousands of dollars to go on the exact same rides I've been going on for the past 20 years that are only 20 minutes from home.

First off, I would take anything Screamscape says with a grain of salt. But I do know WDI has worked up a proposed version of the Mansion and it was an Adventureland attraction that was different (but with many familiar elements) of all the prior ones. I'd love to see HK's version go there, but Main Street might open up other storyline possibilities.

As to Tokyo's Mansion, I believe it was put where it was because WDI felt that was the best place to stick it since OLC 'ordered' the WDW MK's version, which really wouldn't have fit anywhere else. Although having seen pics, I admit it's weird to see Dumbo right near the Mansion.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    But I do know WDI has worked up a proposed version of the Mansion and it was an Adventureland attraction that was different (but with many familiar elements) of all the prior ones.
    I'll believe this when I see concept art and/or this info turns up in a Jim Hill article or some other book about Disney parks/attractions/imagineering.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    TDL's Haunted Mansion being at Fantasyland is one of the biggest Disney mysteries that there are. Not even Leotta knows why!!
    The Castle in TDL Fantasyland European. The Mansion in Fantasyland is European. The theme works for me.

The important thing is how the outside looks. If you can make the building look like it's in the right place while keeping to the theme of the ride, then it works.

Examples: TToT in DCA, Startours in MGM Studios or THM in TDL.

Even PotC could work in a Fantasyland if they put a good theme to a building for it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SpeMarX
    The Castle in TDL Fantasyland European. The Mansion in Fantasyland is European. The theme works for me.
    Actually the Haunted Mansion is not European. It's design idea was mansions in the Hudson River Valley in New York, and an actual mansion in Pennsylvania was used by artists to sketch some details.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer
    Actually the Haunted Mansion is not European. It's design idea was mansions in the Hudson River Valley in New York, and an actual mansion in Pennsylvania was used by artists to sketch some details.
    Then I stand corrected. :o

Although I still think it's a good balance between Critter Country and FantasyLand.

I'll believe this when I see concept art and/or this info turns up in a Jim Hill article or some other book about Disney parks/attractions/imagineering.
    JIM HILL?!?! A trained chimp or a Disney publicist has more credibility ...
    But believe what you choose, I do know this attraction has been worked up as has versions of Pirates (vastly different than the prior versions) and Small World for HK. Whether they get built or not, we'll have to wait and see.

• Banned User

JIM HILL?!?! A trained chimp or a Disney publicist has more credibility ...
    I beg to differ.

But believe what you choose, I do know this attraction has been worked up as has versions of Pirates (vastly different than the prior versions) and Small World for HK. Whether they get built or not, we'll have to wait and see.
    And your source is what?

Why should someone take it from you?

What's your credibility?

^^^You like Jim Hill, kewl for you. I do have more respect for him than I do the kiss-*** folks at LP.com (who have a pro-Disney management bias but won't just come out and say so), but just a bit. He likes to make himself the story way too much of the time and often writes things (obviously this is my opinion) just because he likes to see his name on something and because there are 121 Disney geeks out there waiting with pin lanyards on in their parents' basements to see what he's going to ramble on about in what I find to be a very annoying, condescending tone.

Seriously, though, you did ask a fair question. I'm not going to give you a name because I wouldn't want anyone's job at risk here, but I know a few folks at WDI and one who has done some work on the HK project told me this. I have no reason to believe this person was making this up. I don't see any hidden agenda there. Do you know something that contradicts what this person told me? Or do you need Jim Hill to authenticate something as a legit rumor first?

As for my credibility, I hope if you read enough of what I write here you'll come to the conclusion that I may have a small thread of a possible clue as to the inner workings of the Disney Co. That's really it.

• Banned User

^^^You like Jim Hill, kewl for you. I do have more respect for him than I do the kiss-*** folks at LP.com (who have a pro-Disney management bias but won't just come out and say so), but just a bit. He likes to make himself the story way too much of the time and often writes things (obviously this is my opinion) just because he likes to see his name on something and because there are 121 Disney geeks out there waiting with pin lanyards on in their parents' basements to see what he's going to ramble on about in what I find to be a very annoying, condescending tone.

Seriously, though, you did ask a fair question. I'm not going to give you a name because I wouldn't want anyone's job at risk here, but I know a few folks at WDI and one who has done some work on the HK project told me this. I have no reason to believe this person was making this up. I don't see any hidden agenda there. Do you know something that contradicts what this person told me? Or do you need Jim Hill to authenticate something as a legit rumor first?

As for my credibility, I hope if you read enough of what I write here you'll come to the conclusion that I may have a small thread of a possible clue as to the inner workings of the Disney Co. That's really it.
    When I hear that rumor repeatedly from multiple sources and from more than just one person who claims to know an imagineer, I'll treat it like an actual rumor. It will gain more credibility if concept art is exposed.

I can also assure you I'm not in a basement and I don't have a lanyard.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Err no, it's because at the time the Phantom Manor concept hadn't been thought up and Fantasyland was the only place it would fit other than Main Street.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    No it was placed in Fantasyland because the Japanese hold ghost stories as Fairytales. That meant it was going in the fairytale section, but it also allowed for a better transition from Westernland to Fantasyland, having the ride be copied from Florida's. Such features as the griffins on the entry gates help accent the fantasy feel to it.

• Banned User

^^This is what I was talking about Adventurer.

Also, they say that the Gothic architecture of Cinderella Castle and the Haunted Mansion seem to compliment each other. I read this information from the book: From the Magic Kingdom to the Magic of the Movies(something like that).

When I hear that rumor repeatedly from multiple sources and from more than just one person who claims to know an imagineer, I'll treat it like an actual rumor. It will gain more credibility if concept art is exposed.

I can also assure you I'm not in a basement and I don't have a lanyard.
    Fair enough. I, for one, hope we hear something about some version of Mansion (as well as other Phase 2 attractions soon). I have never seen a MK that is lighter in substance that this one -- BY FAR.

And glad you don't live in a basement ... wasn't a personal attack, just poking a bit of fun at some Disney geeks. :devil:

• Lovin' Life!

I agree with Adventurer....like any midwest town...there is always that house that is in disrepair (weeds and all) and on the way home, the kids dare each other to "go up to the front porch"...totally Alfred Hitchcock, if you know what I mean.....

Didn't we all have a house in or around our neighborhood with the forboding enticements? oooooooooooooooooo...I love Halloween..................................
    ....it all began with a Mouse...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    The less capital they have to spend to shore up Hong kong Disneyland the money funds the Walt Disney Company will have available to finish DCA and refurbish and "plus" Disneyland.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast