Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Actually the Haunted Mansion is not European. It's design idea was mansions in the Hudson River Valley in New York, and an actual mansion in Pennsylvania was used by artists to sketch some details.
    The design of the building neo-gothic, which is European (specifically popular in Britain, look at the Parliment building). Wealthy famlies in the US patterned their mansions after European architecture. Think of Toad Hall . . . another neo-gothic building in DL and DLP.

Cris

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    The less capital they have to spend to shore up Hong kong Disneyland the money funds the Walt Disney Company will have available to finish DCA and refurbish and "plus" Disneyland.
    It depends on who is ponying up the cash. I suspect that it would be HK investors and not Disney Co itself.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    It depends on who is ponying up the cash. I suspect that it would be HK investors and not Disney Co itself.
    HK DL is a partnership with the HK gvt and Disney, just like they own 41% of Euro Disney SCA the company that operates DL Paris.

Only the japanese parks are licensed and owned seperately, by the Oriental Land Co.

So new attractions at Tokyo DL and Disney Sea dont' take off from the bottom line, in fact WDI makes money every time they design a ride for OLC, whereas if they design something for WDW or DL in CA, it is just money changing from one division of Disney to another.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I spend a lot of time there for work...
    Really? So cool! Can I stow away in your luggage? I keep trying to convince the department head that I should head over there for some sort "administrative training purposes", but they won't buy it
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

I just saw screamscape.com (again) and if the park does well next year (2006) they could add Autopia which is a very good idea because kids love Autopia plus no Tommrowland (or Discoveryland) would be complete without it Tommrowland is also to small. The bad news is the railroad track seems really tight they may need to make a park expansion beyond the tracks of the railroad. Or make make the railroad tracks bigger the railroad needs more stations anyway.

• Banned User

Here are the confirmed attractions that are part of phase 2 & 3 of HKDL. How are they confirmed you ask? They're on the blueprints!

-Alice's Curious Labyrinth
    -"it's a small world"
    -a Cars themed Autopia
    -An Adventureland version of Phantom Manor
    -Pirate Mountain, half Pirates of the Caribbean, half Splash Mountain

Those are the current expansion plans, and I have photos of blue prints & concept art to confirm anything on this list.

Also, according to Dave Smith, the Haunted Mansion was placed in Fantasyland in Tokyo Disneyland Park because the culture reflects that tales of the dead and ghosts are fariy tales. That's why it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Here are the confirmed attractions that are part of phase 2 & 3 of HKDL. How are they confirmed you ask? They're on the blueprints!

-"it's a small world"
    -a Cars themed Autopia

Those are the current expansion plans, and I have photos of blue prints & concept art to confirm anything on this list.
    I have heard all of the above EXCEPT the Alice maze ... would it be possible for you to put some of the art online?

• Banned User

Well, it really is all on my site in the HKDL section... I've been gathering concept art and photos from pretty much everywhere I can find them on HKDL...

The one that shows Alice and Small World is this one...

http://www.magicalears.com/destinati...asyland001.jpg

You can see the maze in the upper left hand corner. The right corner has Small World.

• Banned User

The Phantom Manar in Adventureland would keep the tradtion of a Haunted Mansion in a different Land at each park...

• Minion

ORDDU: MY sisters and I have read that a Peter Pan dark ride is supposed to go in as part of either phase 2 or 3, as well.

• Banned User

what's the source?

• Minion

ORDDU: I believe it was on another web-footed site where someone claimed to have a map of future plans, duckling. But my sisters and I don't quite recall which site it was, since we conjur up so many of them in our crystal ball.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Well, it really is all on my site in the HKDL section... I've been gathering concept art and photos from pretty much everywhere I can find them on HKDL...

The one that shows Alice and Small World is this one...

http://www.magicalears.com/destinati...asyland001.jpg

You can see the maze in the upper left hand corner. The right corner has Small World.
    Dude, who sold you on that one? That is reused concept art from Tokyo Disneyland's new Tea Cups in 1998.
    That is Tokyo's IASW, however to the left you see Queen of Heart's Banquet Hall. If you check against HKDL's master plan, the location of the "maze" would be smack in the middle of the charecter gardens.
    Sorry, but that is the miracle of saving money thanks to Pressler.

-"it's a small world"
    -a Cars themed Autopia

Also, according to Dave Smith, the Haunted Mansion was placed in Fantasyland in Tokyo Disneyland Park because the culture reflects that tales of the dead and ghosts are fariy tales. That's why it fits.
    I'd just like to point out that there are hundreds of pieces of concept art for Wester River Expedition and it was never built. WDI produces concept art for hundreds of projects each year which never get built. Autopia is happening but it is not Cars themed (see HKDL Preview Center at Epcot). As for the others--expect one or two to go into production in the next year or so, but that's about it. There is no one in power at WDI interested in doing a big Audio-Animatronics show. Sorry, I wish this weren't true, but it is.

Yes, I hate to throw water on the parade, but none of that concept art proves anything. Disney does resuse/recycle that kind of thing. I know that a lot of the attractions Bill mentioned are being considered, but absolutely NOTHING has been decided on except for an Autopia (I have no idea if it will be themed to Cars or not.), which was rushed into development when word got out on just how few attractions this park will have in 9/05.

I can't imagine Disney not adding at least 1-2 of the attractions Bill alluded to, but to say they are definite is taking a leap of faith that I am not willing to do because I have seen how Disney imagineers the magic right out of its parks these days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast