Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

In the meantime... I flew over HKDL this morning after taking off from Hong Kong Airport and took some aerial shots, but it was cloudy....I will post those pics later this week.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    I'd just like to point out that there are hundreds of pieces of concept art for Wester River Expedition and it was never built.
    In fact they went as far as creating an animatronic owl for it.. and having a model displayed for it.. Then new president decided that the guest demans for Pirates was more than what roy approved and build the clifnotes POTC instead of western.... thought BTM was developed form the model and built in it's spot..

I hope Hong Kong gets a few more decent attractions that are memorable.. (and some original ones as well..)

• The two women of my life

I can't wait for it to open so I can go
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

• Minion FOREVER!

Just a quick note about why I think the TDL Haunted Mansion is in Fantasyland.
    My opinions only, but having lived their for fair amount of my life and having a family that's really into Japanese culture and history, I think I have a fair outlook on this.

In Japanese culture, their image/perception of what a ghost is like is substantially
    different from US/Western culture's concept. What we have (including or not the voodoo stuff) is fantasy to them.

For example, the Shinto religion is a nature based with a god or a spirit for
    almost everything. So an evil spirit is a "ghost". (oh-bah-keh) Also they tend to
    be animal-like. There are also more typical human ghosts as well (yuu-reh-i) and
    they never have feet. Also a very popular "ghost" is the "hito-dama" which is
    supposed to be the corporeal soul of a dead person and is supposed to be like
    a fireball. They don't have a concept of walking dead (except as skeletons)
    because most of the time they cremate the bodies.

No zombies, no vampires (not w/ the teeth anyway; there are stories of blood drinking though), no frankensteins, no mummies, not too much on bats,
    (more into crows),

well, I hope you get the idea. Of course, now-a-days, thanks
    to Hollywood, they've been exposed to our version.

Anyway, my opinions only....

• Official MC Thread Killer

So now we know Autopia is confirmed (and it's HA-UGE!!), another major attraction looks to be confirmed. On the map at the HKDL preview center shows the park with a skull rock and pirate ship in Adventureland, just outside the berm. I guess this shows some truth to the new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction..
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, what I wanna' know is who's gonna PAY fer all this new stuff at Ping Pong Dizzyland?! If'n they think they gotta rush ta add stuff, NOW, where they gonna' git the cash?! If'n they alreayd HAD the cash, what took 'em so long ta git 'round ta SPENDIN' it?!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    So now we know Autopia is confirmed (and it's HA-UGE!!), another major attraction looks to be confirmed. On the map at the HKDL preview center shows the park with a skull rock and pirate ship in Adventureland, just outside the berm. I guess this shows some truth to the new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction..
    Really? I spent quite a bit of time examining the park map and don't recall this. Of course, I may have just missed it ... but does anyone else recall seeing that?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    I've got a photo of it on another site...how do we post images (or can we?)?

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I've got a photo of it on another site...how do we post images (or can we?)?
    You could just copy pate the link from the site you have it on. This POTC ride sounds awesome.

Even though there is a LOW list of attractions and entertainment I can't wait for it to open. How much do you think it would cost for maybe a 3 day vacation over there. Hmm... actually to come to think of it i'll wait for some new attractions then take a vacation there.

Well, i'm looking forward of pictures from opening day. Haha.

• Banned User

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Dude, who sold you on that one? That is reused concept art from Tokyo Disneyland's new Tea Cups in 1998.
    That is Tokyo's IASW, however to the left you see Queen of Heart's Banquet Hall. If you check against HKDL's master plan, the location of the "maze" would be smack in the middle of the charecter gardens.
    Sorry, but that is the miracle of saving money thanks to Pressler.
    You have to be joking me! That concept art has been posted on the official Hong Kong Disneyland site for over a year now! That's rediculous that they would re-use this stuff...how cheap of them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234