Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I got some good news

Screamscape.com says that Hong Kong Disneyland COULD have phase two so this mabye means that Haunted Mansion, It's A Small World, and Pirates Of Carribean could be coming into the picture.

• Minion

ORDDU: This IS good news, stitch101 duckling. Actually, though, we had heard of this a while back. There was even talk about how the proposed Haunted Mansion would be placed inside Adventureland with a voo-doo type theme.

ORWEN: And Pirates of the Caribbean would be a combination of the original ride with Splash Mountain-type ride systems.

ORGOCH: Looks like they's got plenty a room in Fantasmagorical Land, already, fer their own version a "It's a Doll World After All"...

• Former Epcot CM

An Adventureland Haunted Mansion really does excite me actually. And the Space Mountain/PotC hybrid.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORDDU: This IS good news, stitch101 duckling. Actually, though, we had heard of this a while back. There was even talk about how the proposed Haunted Mansion would be placed inside Adventureland with a voo-doo type theme.

ORWEN: And Pirates of the Caribbean would be a combination of the original ride with Splash Mountain-type ride systems.

ORGOCH: Looks like they's got plenty a room in Fantasmagorical Land, already, fer their own version a "It's a Doll World After All"...
    No Haunted Mansion could be apart of Frontierland well if Frontierland gets built TDR has The Haunted Mansion In Fantasyland so i don't understand why they just put it there and why are you calling It's A Small World It's A Doll World. HOLD THE PHONE!!! Pirates Of The Carribean drop would be like splash mountain's COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

• Banned User

TDL's Haunted Mansion being at Fantasyland is one of the biggest Disney mysteries that there are. Not even Leotta knows why!!

yeah I think I'd perfer the Mansion in fantasyland myself o_o

only because I just don't buy the voodoo theme (sounds dumb)

I'm also not neccisarily a fan for Pirates being added with Splash because that means they won't be building a Splash Mountain either

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    TDL's Haunted Mansion being at Fantasyland is one of the biggest Disney mysteries that there are. Not even Leotta knows why!!
    Well why were the 20K Nemo Subs in Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    yeah I think I'd perfer the Mansion in fantasyland myself o_o

only because I just don't buy the voodoo theme (sounds dumb)

I'm also not neccisarily a fan for Pirates being added with Splash because that means they won't be building a Splash Mountain either
    You know what I think? The Haunted Mansion should be built on Main Street, at the end of one side of Center Street. A turn of the century Victorian, dark, at the end of the street, unlived in for years in this small American town...awaits you..do you dare enter?

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I like the way you think, Adventurer, duckling. We had been thinking the very same thing--that a turn of the century Haunted Mansion at the end of Main Street U.S.A. would work just fine.

ORWEN: Oh--and since you asked, stitch101, duckling--our sister, Orgoch, often mis-names everything in sight. For instance, she's always calling me fat--when I'm merely pleasingly plump. Just ignore the old biddy. I know I always do.

No Haunted Mansion

Actually, there is very little chance that we will ever see a Haunted Mansion at HKDL. Simply for cultural reasons.

I lived in Hong Kong for a summer and the Chinese are extremely superstitious about the dead, spirits and ghosts. It is extremely taboo to talk about them or to have images that represent them.

So for Disney to build a Haunted Mansion would be a huge waste of money - no one would ride it, and a huge slap in the face to the Chinese culture.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by stitch101
    Screamscape.com says that Hong Kong Disneyland COULD have phase two so this mabye means that Haunted Mansion, It's A Small World, and Pirates Of Carribean could be coming into the picture.
    Something about that just made my ears peark up! Keep us updated.

• Banned User

Isn't the Haunted Mansion in Fantasyland because the Japanese think ghosts stories are fantasy or something like that?

Personally, I think they could put a Mansion in Adventureland. It would take some serious retooling to tie it in with Adventureland, but they could do it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Klejtoni
    Actually, there is very little chance that we will ever see a Haunted Mansion at HKDL. Simply for cultural reasons.

I lived in Hong Kong for a summer and the Chinese are extremely superstitious about the dead, spirits and ghosts. It is extremely taboo to talk about them or to have images that represent them.

So for Disney to build a Haunted Mansion would be a huge waste of money - no one would ride it, and a huge slap in the face to the Chinese culture.
    I think there is a very good chance that a Haunted mansion WILL get built at HKDL eventually. The area behind center street is a likely spot, where it was originally planned for Disneyland years ago before the New Orleans concept.

Spirits and watchful ancestors are very much a part of Chinese culture. Hong Kong is more western than asian in its influences. I spend a lot of time there for work and don't see any reason why the middle class wouldn't be interested in a special effects attraction like the Mansion.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Isn't the Haunted Mansion in Fantasyland because the Japanese think ghosts stories are fantasy or something like that?
    Err no, it's because at the time the Phantom Manor concept hadn't been thought up and Fantasyland was the only place it would fit other than Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Personally, I think they could put a Mansion in Adventureland. It would take some serious retooling to tie it in with Adventureland, but they could do it.
    Errr....NO

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    The area behind center street is a likely spot, where it was originally planned for Disneyland years ago before the New Orleans concept.
    Was it? I'd never heard that. I just thought that that would be a good place.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast