Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Future expansion plans?

I thought HKDL would announce its future expansion plans this October? Well today is the last day of October and so far nothing has been said, at least not officially... is there a financial problem at the park?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Future expansion plans?

Press has been a bit slow coming out of HKDL at the moment, and we are pretty much all in the same boat of rumour and conjecture presently.

We expect It's a Small World to be announced soon, simply because some kind of Fantasyland construction has been spotted. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I snapped a sign outside of The Disneyland Story promising an exciting new event/attraction coming soon. Does anybody know what that is?

As for financial issues, several other threads in this forum point to HKDL refinancing their loan. This has led to some speculation that they are gearing up for an expansion.

Perhaps when the holiday madness is over - Halloween at the moment, and Christmas due to kick off in November - we'll hear some future plans.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    I thought HKDL would announce its future expansion plans this October? Well today is the last day of October and so far nothing has been said, at least not officially... is there a financial problem at the park?
    I have heard it somewhere that they are going to postpone the announcement for future attractions. Since the Chief Executive of HK SAR is going to run for 2nd term, almost every decision/announcement related to major infrastructure/tourism development at Hong Kong has been put off until the Chief Executive got elected sometime in early 2007.

It has been reported by various local newspapers that his next policy address would cover more details regarding future development in Hong Kong and that might include some infrastructure and tourism projects such as the expansion of HK Disneyland, Aberdeen Tourism Node, West Kowloon Cultural District, Kai Tak (South East Kowloon redevelopment) Tourism Node, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Mega Bridge, etc.

Talking Re: Future expansion plans?

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    It has been reported by various local newspapers that his next policy address would cover more details regarding future development in Hong Kong and that might include some infrastructure and tourism projects such as the expansion of HK Disneyland, Aberdeen Tourism Node, West Kowloon Cultural District, Kai Tak (South East Kowloon redevelopment) Tourism Node, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Mega Bridge, etc.
    Haven't they already made an anouncement on the bridge, and Kai Tak redevelopment i.e. the cruise ship terminal? I'm not quoting anything here, just my simple (and imprecise) understanding of the Chinese News because heaven knows the English news doesn't report much.
    Does your quote also mean that the local newspapers are sure he will be re-elected? Does that really happen here. Ooops, I forgot, this is not a political forum..

Here is the Disneyland Story sign I was talking about:

That's been up since at least September. Has there been any movement since then?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Here is the Disneyland Story sign I was talking about:

That's been up since at least September. Has there been any movement since then?
    Hi Loomis, I believe that sign is referring to the Halloween Villain's Lair that took over the Opera House during Halloween. When you visited it was closed because they were putting in the meet and greet locations and overlay.

On a side note, the official site calendar has been updated until 9th November; I guess this means that Christmas will start on Friday 10th November?
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Quote Originally Posted by V1213 View Post
    Hi Loomis, I believe that sign is referring to the Halloween Villain's Lair that took over the Opera House during Halloween. When you visited it was closed because they were putting in the meet and greet locations and overlay.

On a side note, the official site calendar has been updated until 9th November; I guess this means that Christmas will start on Friday 10th November?
    Ah, that explains that one. Thanks. I didn't think it would be anything "major".

Also, as we've already mentioned on our site (pay attention, Tom! hee hee hee ) "The festivities will run from November 11 to December 31", which was info we gathered from a prior press release. I guess that is a pretty good guestimate then.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

So will the space used for The Disneyland Story attraction,have a christmas overlay too.Or is it going back to its original purpose.

• Creative Director

It is time Hong Kong starts planning out an ALL-NEW, full blown, Christmas Parade. They should take their influence from Tokyo, not WDW. C'mon now, every disney park has one.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    It is time Hong Kong starts planning out an ALL-NEW, full blown, Christmas Parade. They should take their influence from Tokyo, not WDW.
    It should be WDW taking a cue from everything TDR does, period. At least HKDL is a very pretty park in a spectacular location. The MK at WDW lacks in both of those areas as well.

• Creative Director

^Yep, I agree.
    Basically I think Hong Kong needs a Christmas Parade, period.

WDW needs a whole NEW one. What they do with their parades is criminal.

• Minion

ORWEN: I had a dream last night....that some day ALL the Disney theme parks around the world would come together and have a large and equal roster of attractions.... so that the brotherhood of man wouldn't suffer from vacations that were starving for something to do during their visits to all the happiest places on Earth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I had a dream last night....that some day ALL the Disney theme parks around the world would come together and have a large and equal roster of attractions.... so that the brotherhood of man wouldn't suffer from vacations that were starving for something to do during their visits to all the happiest places on Earth!!!
    I guess you'd favour a non-violent solution then.

You don't think more progress would be made if the Disneylanders of the world would rise up and fight their oppressors?

Loomis,
    As of Today: That sign is up in front of the opera house again. I'm guessing that is where Santa will be?.?
    The christmas tree is up but no lights.
    There is still a giant crane behind the Golden Mickeys.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Hmmmm....never mind what my big, fat sister, Orwen, just said, Loomis, ducklin'! Ya've just gone 'n given me an idea!! Think it's 'bout time somebody went an' organized the troups! This means WAR!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast