Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

• Banned User

Re: This Week in Hong Kong Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMac View Post
    I think that the comparisons brought up are mainly about the 'age' difference between the two, like comparing cassettes to CDs. Out-of-date, sure, but still a bit functional, and has that nostalgic feel to it (probably, I wouldn't know). Still, I'm pretty sure that the MK's IASW was pretty good back when it was new (like the humble cassette) and management will eventually take on the task of bringing this ride up to par with its peers.
    I agree with this assessment, but I also believe that Disney needs to keep things fresh and updated, especially when they keep pushing the ticket prices upward on a yearly basis at the US parks... and considering the recent update done to the old MK version of IASW only brough in a new (and already looking shabby) facade in the boarding area, some new sound systems, and very little new light effects in the final scene, the entire experience is simply below par to what they can do. The HKDL version is so vibrant that gives me more reason to be vocal about the outdated conditions of a ride that is still being seen by far more guests that HKDL's will in the foreseeable future. That alone should be reason enough for WDW to try harder. I ca only hope that DL will get some of that quality put into it's ride.

In the meantime, I'm curious as to what is happening in HKDL.
    Not much really.. but the park is already in summer mode. Mickey's Waterworks Parade is playing, Talk with Crush is playing in a temporary theater off Main Street USA, Prince Caspian is doing meet and greet in Adventureland, Autopia has reopened after a refurbishing, and new merchandise has appeared on the shelf, highlighting the upcoming Olympics in a fun Disney-way, and that is just about it.

• Minion

ORGOCH: What I wanna know is when them dang Ping Pong gover'ment types is gonna' git up off the pot an' start lettin' Dizzy Management build more rides?!!?

• Minion

Well clearly there's something afoot in Adventureland, though no one seems to know whether this is something major or minor.
    Down with the Hat

• Reluctant Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Well clearly there's something afoot in Adventureland, though no one seems to know whether this is something major or minor.
    There are plenty of rumors, if most are to be believed then it is both major and minor because it might be a temporary maze and a haunted house (haunted mansion maybe?).

Still, I think that it has to be something important, otherwise they wouldn't go through the trouble of shutting down the railroad and digging up that land.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMac View Post
    Still, I think that it has to be something important, otherwise they wouldn't go through the trouble of shutting down the railroad and digging up that land.
    The reason for that is because the park is quite compact in size. They had to do the same train track "digging" for Autopia and IASW... but I am not quite holding my breath yet in regards to Adventureland. This smells of a temporary area for a halloween maze.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The reason for that is because the park is quite compact in size. They had to do the same train track "digging" for Autopia and IASW... but I am not quite holding my breath yet in regards to Adventureland. This smells of a temporary area for a halloween maze.
    I've heard permanent, but nothing to write home about. I'd love to be proven wrong though. Unless it is a new 'temporary' area, for seasonal attractions. That is, a new attraction launches there for each season, so as not to congest that one spot on Main Street.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314