Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: This Week in Hong Kong Disneyland...

Hi all... I just got back to my hotel from HKDL... got more pics to share but that will take a few days until I get home.

Some updates... the IASW contruction wall is up. Extends from the tea Cups, all the way down to the Golden Mickeys entrance. Got some photos from the contruction itself since the building is now a bit more visible to guests from inside the park.

Got to enjoy two of the finest theme park shows around..Golden Mickeys and Fest of the Lion King. Noticed they have added flat screen TV monitors with english or mandarin subtitles when necesary. It was nice to be able to read what they were saying during the Golden Mickeys... and now I feel like I have enjoye the show much better. KUDOS...

Of course, the park was uncrowded and most rides were walkons..except Autopia. The park continues to be well maintained and cleaned. WDW, are you paying attention??? The folks that trained there are actually doing a much better job that YOU!

There are also some refurbishments going on... to the right of the main turnstyles in particular, where a wall is up. Not sure what is being done in that area. Also.. I climbed Tarzan's treehouse looking for some signs of contruction in the rumored area where some Pirate related attraction is supposed to go up... well... I saw no such construction activity in that area, except for what looks like a backstage building of sorts.

And finally... I got to meet Katsmom and her daughter, who came to the park today as well... It was great meeting you both!!! Thanks for the New year eve's program. Hope to meet again in the future!!!

And that's my mini update for today. Tomorrow, I got over to TDL to check the new floats added to Dreamlights Parade. Later dudes!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Hi all... I just got back to my hotel from HKDL... got more pics to share but that will take a few days until I get home.

Some updates... the IASW contruction wall is up. Extends from the tea Cups, all the way down to the Golden Mickeys entrance. Got some photos from the contruction itself since the building is now a bit more visible to guests from inside the park.

Got to enjoy two of the finest theme park shows around..Golden Mickeys and Fest of the Lion King. Noticed they have added flat screen TV monitors with english or mandarin subtitles when necesary. It was nice to be able to read what they were saying during the Golden Mickeys... and now I feel like I have enjoye the show much better. KUDOS...

Of course, the park was uncrowded and most rides were walkons..except Autopia. The park continues to be well maintained and cleaned. WDW, are you paying attention??? The folks that trained there are actually doing a much better job that YOU!

There are also some refurbishments going on... to the right of the main turnstyles in particular, where a wall is up. Not sure what is being done in that area. Also.. I climbed Tarzan's treehouse looking for some signs of contruction in the rumored area where some Pirate related attraction is supposed to go up... well... I saw no such construction activity in that area, except for what looks like a backstage building of sorts.

And finally... I got to meet Katsmom and her daughter, who came to the park today as well... It was great meeting you both!!! Thanks for the New year eve's program. Hope to meet again in the future!!!

And that's my mini update for today. Tomorrow, I got over to TDL to check the new floats added to Dreamlights Parade. Later dudes!!!
    have fun
    Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 03-22-2007 at 07:26 AM.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Here it is - the last weekly column for the month of March. This year is flying by, and 2008 and all the small world goodness it brings will be on us soon. Speaking of which, this week we have construction snaps; Easter updates and general rambling commentary as always.

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory&story=133

Does anyone care? Probably not, but as always its Monday and it's not like we have anything better to do.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Does anyone care? Probably not, but as always its Monday and it's not like we have anything better to do.
    Actually they do care, which is why I am not posting my photos anymore since you all beat me to it. So why should I bother??? MY photos are old news by the time I get to post them.

I always read the updates.

I live for your weekly updates. Don't stop now!

Oh just ignore me. I was just going through my weekly self loathing!

And TDLFAN - our gallery posting mechanism is playing up at the moment, so our photos are going to be even more out of date by the time we get around to posting.

I should clarify that I did say the last for MARCH, not ever
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

You know that weekly column we do about the events of Hong Kong Disneyland? Here's another one...

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory&story=136

Just as they will in May and June in Hong Kong Disneyland, pirates seem to have temporarily taken over HKDL Source. They are dominating everything we do. So for a quick break, This Week in Hong Kong Disneyland we are going to talk about...pirates. There's also dance parties, awards and rumoured Chinese parks...but you'll just have to read more to find out about that!

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory&story=141

• Banned User

Pirates have only taken over HKDL's gift shops so far...

• Banned User

They should have built IASW in the first place...coulda woulda shoulda.

So it returns. The column that just wouldn't sit down and say "Purple monkey dishwasher". This Week, we bring you all the latest photos on the construction going on in the park, the usual witty captions and comments, along with the most exciting topic of all - standard chartered banking!

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/144

Didn't think we'd forget did you? A huge update this week includes pirates updates; Mickey's WaterWorks news; construction photos and word on the Bizarro Disneyland in China that has recently been the subject of 'Net discussion. If that isn't enough, we also engage in rampant laziness.

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/147

• Banned User

TDLFAN is on his way to HKDL today may 9th within the next hour and will be available for meet and greet while at the park this afternoon. Look for him wearing a Hard Rock -Saipan tee shirt. Say hello.

Just a quick photo update from last week, 9 May 2007:

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/149

Enjoy!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast