• Banned User

Ticket tag system debuts

HKDL has just announced that beginning November 21st... Adults and senior APers will be entering the park by using the same tickey tag scanning system now used at WDW.
    The system will work the same way as it does at WDW.. You insert your ticket and place your index finger on the scanner at the top of the turnstyle.
    Hopefully, the system will work better than at WDW, where one out of 4 times, the ticket is rejected...
    I sure hope HKDL does not begin to emulate WDW's operation in every possible way...

Re: Ticket tag system debuts

Why not just stop being cheap and issue AP's with our pictures on it? Get real. I don't mind showing my ID. I have to carry it anyway. The 5 year olds ID is another story. Passport (easily loosable, difficult to replace) Birth cert (same complaint, and it is HUGE 11x14 I think) School handbook (No picture and heavy)
    The obvious answer...get very friendly with the gate staff and act stupid. i.e. I forgot her ID again. When will I ever remember....

• Banned User

I totally agree with you Katsmom. It's the same cheap papaer ticket system in use at WDW.

• Watch Your Language

Why not use the HK ID card?
    Those finger print info already stored in the HK ID Smart Card.
    Hong Kongers already get used to using the HK ID Smart Card to gain entry into Various Immigration Checkpoints (such as HK International Airport) in Hong Kong. They called the special passage equipped with HK ID Smart Card finger scanning system "eChannel".

I believe it is one step backward if not using the HK ID Smart Card or "eChannel".
    Because the HK ID Smart Card is more advanced.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

We posted this yesterday, by the way:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44735

I guess yours had the catchier title!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

The bigger problem is going to be how the hell are you going to get the Mainlanders who pee in bushes to remember which finger they used to get in last time?

• Banned User

The middle finger, my friend, unless they use the British working man's two-finger salute!

I must disagree with TDLFAN about the one-finger scanner. The old biometric scanners were a nightmare and my AP was always rejected--EVERY single time. Lots of problems for many people because of the variation in squeezing two fingers together. What kind of an idiot invented that dopey system?

Was at Walt Disney World in October and the one-finger scanners worked great. Lines moved quickly and I didn't see anyone's passes rejected.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    The middle finger, my friend, unless they use the British working man's two-finger salute!

I must disagree with TDLFAN about the one-finger scanner. The old biometric scanners were a nightmare and my AP was always rejected--EVERY single time. Lots of problems for many people because of the variation in squeezing two fingers together. What kind of an idiot invented that dopey system?
    The one finger scanner is easy to use but does not work as wonderful as you think at times. The last time I went to WDW last week, it took 4 tries before the scanner actually read my ticket (and finger), and this after the CM mutilated and folded my ticket's magnetic stripe.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Heck! I ain't seen no dif' 'tween them new bio-whatever-ya-calls 'em an' the old two finger way a gittin' in. Just last week me 'n my two looney sisters went ta Animal Cracker Kingdom and saw PLENTY a rejects takin' place. Either some pests don't know how ta walk forward er the dang machines was the culprit. Either way, I's just glad us cauldron gals don't have ta mess with any a that stuff. We just flies our broomsticks right over the heads a all them dumb pests down below and gits inside the park lickity-split!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Here's an interesting article on the subject I found while browsing Google news:

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/busine...1969917,00.htm
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

I should add that I also agree with the poster regarding APs with photos on them. Being able to use them at Disneyland is always a pleasure and there's nevery any bullsh*t when trying to go through the turnstiles.