airport transfers and tips

i have visited the american and french disney parks on a number of occassions and finally decided to visit tokyo and hongkong.

to cut a long story short i am arrving in tokyo for 4 nights at the mira costa at the beginning of april. before flying on to hongkong and satying at the hong kong disneyland hotel for 3 nights.

the first segment is solo and the hong kong section i am meeting up with my parents.

my first question is what is the easiest way to get from the airport to the disney resort. its possible that this could be just me or i may be meeting my parents at the airport in which case there will be 3 of us.

my second question is do you have any tips on making the most out of this trip as i probably wont be back for quite a few years.

thanks in advance

• Watch Your Language

Re: airport transfers and tips

Quote Originally Posted by it398 View Post
    i have visited the american and french disney parks on a number of occassions and finally decided to visit tokyo and hongkong.

to cut a long story short i am arrving in tokyo for 4 nights at the mira costa at the beginning of april. before flying on to hongkong and satying at the hong kong disneyland hotel for 3 nights.

the first segment is solo and the hong kong section i am meeting up with my parents.

my first question is what is the easiest way to get from the airport to the disney resort. its possible that this could be just me or i may be meeting my parents at the airport in which case there will be 3 of us.

my second question is do you have any tips on making the most out of this trip as i probably wont be back for quite a few years.

thanks in advance
    From the airport to Disney resort, the easiest way is "TAXI". If you don't mind to carry all yr luggages around, take the MTR, but u need to change from AIRPORT Express Line to MTR Tung Chung Line and then take the HK Disneyland Resort Line.

i suggest you to get the Octopus card at MTR Station. If you plan to stay 3 nights at Hong Kong Disneyland hotel, i assume you need to travel to the city centre. but don't worry, the MTR Transportation System is very efficient.!!

To make the most of yr trip, spend one day at the resort/park and spend the rest of yr time at the city (either Hong Kong island or Kowloon peninsula). I recommend you to go to The Peak to see the magnificient view of the the Victoria Harbour, take the tram (one of the oldest in the world) to the peak. Try the Star Ferry. The nightly light show at the Victoria Harbour. take the longest escalator in the world in SoHo. (The Central-Mid-levels escalators (Traditional Chinese: 中環至半山自動扶梯) in Hong Kong is the longest outdoor covered escalator system in the world.)

For your information: Another Longest one also found in Hong Kong. The world's longest escalator is the four section Ocean Park outdoor escalator system located at the Hong Kong Ocean Park.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 11-23-2006 at 01:40 AM.

We (party of 6) recently made the trip from the Airport to Hollywood Hotel. There were 3 different taxi queues - but only the blue Lantau Island taxis were willing to take us that day.

As we waited for a long time in a long queue (very few blue taxis came along that day), a couple of us decided to try the MTR.

Apparently, the rest of the party got into a taxi shortly after we'd left for the MTR station. It took them about 15 minutes (1pm on a Sunday) to get to the hotel and cost about HK$120.

The MTR party arrived about 1 hour later; can't remember how much it cost (we had Octopus cards) but I don't think it was very cheap.

If you have Mum & Dad with you, it'll probably be easiest. fastest and most cost effective to take that Taxi.

Enjoy your visit!
    Mouseketeer Wannabe

• Banned User

Taxis will also charge additional fare based on the number of bags you have in the trunk. Be awared of that as well.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

If you don't mind the extra expense, whenever I travel, I tend to arrange transfers to and from airport/hotels (except in Las Vegas, for example, because a taxi is cheaper). It just saves the hassle of having to think about how you are going to get there, and you don't spend much time waiting around. Especially if it is a country where you don't speak the primary language...
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Taxis will also charge additional fare based on the number of bags you have in the trunk. Be awared of that as well.
    It's only HK$5 per bag. about 65-70 us cents per bag. Not much to worry about. The tunnel fees are higher. If you take western Harbor it's HK$ 50, and the others are HK$15 or 20 I forget which.