• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Happy Excitement News: HKDL Appoints New Director of Travel Trade Sales

Ok, it isn't that happy or exciting, but nobody would read this thread if I typed "Hong Kong Disneyland Appoints Samson Woo as Director of Travel Trade Sales", would they?

It is possible that there will STILL be no readers here.

Hong Kong Disneyland Appoints Samson Woo as Director of Travel Trade Sales

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news06...sneyland.shtml

Hong Kong Disneyland has appointed Samson Woo as the Director of Travel Trade Sales.

In this key role, Samson will be responsible for all of Hong Kong Disneyland’s travel trade relationships, sales management and business development in the resort’s key markets.

Josh D’Amaro Vice President Sales and Travel Trade Marketing, Hong Kong Disneyland, said, “Samson brings with him an extensive wealth of experience working with international brand name hotels throughout China and Hong Kong. His knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing strategy development makes him a valuable asset for Hong Kong Disneyland.”

Prior to this appointment, Samson worked at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group as Regional Director of Business Development, China. He was responsible for China outbound business development as well as sales and marketing activities for the Group’s 24 properties worldwide. Samson received a Master of Business Administration in 2005. He won the “Best Individual Achievement Award – Asia 2004/2005” from the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Happy Excitement News: HKDL Appoints New Director of Travel Trade Sales

• Minion

ORGOCH: Slow news day, eh, Loomis?

ORWEN: That's okay. We have days in Morva where hardly anything worth talking about happens.

ORDDU: Unless, of course, you happen to have a nose for news like myself. I know where to find dirt on all the fair folk in Morva--not that I'd repeat it. I'm too much of a lady.

What can you expect? The park needs expansion, they haven't anything new except for Small World. And still that ain't enough to keep the park becoming a full day excursion.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by mclubber View Post
    What can you expect? The park needs expansion, they haven't anything new except for Small World. And still that ain't enough to keep the park becoming a full day excursion.
    Welcome to the forum, mclubber!

I would say that the park is at least worth a full day. Especially with 2 stage shows, the parade, the fireworks and PhilharMagic, it will take that long to see everything as well as give all (!) the rides a go. For most, however, it certainly wouldn't be a multi-day trip, which I think would discourage people from staying on property. This is a shame, as the hotels - certainly the Hollywod Hotel where I stayed - are some of the best in the business.

However, I tend to agree that if you are just wanting to "go the rides", and thrill ones at that, you will find yourself doing the same things four times. After all, we rode Space Mountain and the Tea Cups twice a piece in the first day.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, I suppose it's actually good that there isn't too much news to report for now. With your nice new web-footed site just getting started, you don't want to be over-whelmed with too much news all at once. Just imagine what it will be like at HKDLSource when things really get hopping in a few years. You may find yourself longing for the early days when things were slow and a certain witch had more time for you than she probably will a few years from now.

ORGOCH: Got that right. Won't be long 'til they'll be cartin' ya off ta the nearest Nursin' Home, sister!