Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: 3 New Attractions announced by HKDL today, HKDLR, 2006-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Coincidentally, I have been forced to buy two "Special Day" passports on separate ocasions (when my value passport is not honoroed) and the parks has been dead both "peak days". What gives???
    Well, I think publicity wise, they have to be seen to be doing something given the madness that occured during Chinese New Year 2006. For every 'dead' peak day, there is going to be a busy one. As katsmom points out, Disney can't simply just say "well, park's dead - you can go in cheap", because then everybody will want the same deal. This is, after all, the first full year of the 'Special Ticketing Days' system, and I'm assuming they are just trying to cover their own rear ends at this point.

By the same token, the Premium passes have no blockouts, so the "truly dedicated" are rewarded I guess.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Well, I think publicity wise, they have to be seen to be doing something given the madness that occured during Chinese New Year 2006.

By the same token, the Premium passes have no blockouts, so the "truly dedicated" are rewarded I guess.
    According to HongKongDisneyland's post on 3 January, "Fast Pass" will be issued at the Main Gate when the Park is full. Guests with "Fast Pass" can get in the Park at a specified later time slot.

So maybe the premium pass won't be honored. Let's hope they get it right this year.

I sincerely hope they don't have the same issues they had last CNY and by blocking out the dates for the pass holders it might ease the crowds. BUT, I can see major headlines in the local papers and reports on the news if just one Premium pass holder has to get one of those "Fast Pass" return tickets. I can't imagine how I would explain to my young child that we had to come back later because even though I bought the most expensive pass and have gone at least once a week since May, Disney says we can't come in.
    The powers that be are really going to have to look at how they deal with the situation should it arise. I mean, people here complain to the government when the value of property decreases and they want a break on the mortgage bill (that's life I say) or when a cake shop goes out of business that they have a cake coupon for (what about US$5?). What would happen if Disney turns away a local Premium pass holder to let in a tourist who paid $350 for the ticket. For me, good, let the tourist in. They paid a whoping amount for the ticket. For my daughter, what a disapointment, but we have the priviledge to go back another day.
    Looking back at Golden Week and Christmas, I don't think the park was "that busy" ok, lines were long, but we did get to do a few things.
    I am anxiously awaiting watching events unfold in February. If the crowds show up like last year, I can't wait to see what the management does to "contain the damage". But then too, after all the bad publicity in 2006, will the people come in 2007?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

There are also three new attractions (Autopia, Stitch and UFO Zone) that have increased the park's capacity somewhat since last year, so perhaps that is going to make a difference as well. People may even be frightened off by the reports from last year, and just assume that there will be no room, 'so why bother?' etc

I guess we'll have to wait and see...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12