Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Concept Art for New Attractions

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=74

As was reported earlier today, Hong Kong Disneyland is set to see three new attractions in 2007 and 2008.

We can now present to you some concept art of two of those new attractions - It's a Small World, and Mickey's WaterWorks.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• World Traveler

Re: Concept Art for New Attractions

Very nice. I love the rainbow umbrella on Goofy's float!

• Santa Barbara, CA

A new level of creativity for HKDL!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• time to go

OH GEEZ!

Is it my imagination, or do those 'pipe puppets' behind Goofey's Watering Machine bear a striking resemblance to the pipe people in those VESIcare overactive bladder medication ads?

http://www.vesicare.com/index.html

Just how desperate is Disney for corporate sponsors these days?

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Minion

I love it! I believe every Disney park should have different variations of classic rides and this is exactly what Hong Kong Disneyland needs; unique variations of classic attractions.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

ORWEN: I really like the idea of including various Disney characters inside this new version of SMALL WORLD. From what us Cauldron girls have heard, each country will have a Disney character to represent their particular country.

ORDDU: For instance, England will most likely showcase Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, The Sword in the Stone, 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, The Great Mouse Detective and Winnie the Pooh.

ORWEN: Denmark could easily showcase The Little Mermaid.

ORDDU: Africa might feature The Lion King and Tarzan

ORWEN: France might show off Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, The Aristocats and Beauty and the Beast.

ORDDU: Germany could feature Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs.

ORWEN: Italy could sport Pinocchio.

ORDDU: India would be a good place for characters from The Jungle Book.

ORWEN: The possibilities are endless. Us Cauldron girls could even help to represent Wales--along with the other Balck Cauldron characters!!

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Wow Im liking that concept art for the new parade looks a lot better than the current parade.Hope this will be a new pernamite edition to the park and not just a one off for the Summer.

• Minion

ORWEN: I like the idea for the new parade, too! If it catches on, maybe the rest of the Disney parks will even get it!

ORGOCH: Oh, sure, blubber brains!! I can just see it workin' out real well over in Dizzyland Paris--where the folks, there, can git 'emselves hit in the head with a bunch a ice cubes!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Wow Im liking that concept art for the new parade looks a lot better than the current parade.Hope this will be a new pernamite edition to the park and not just a one off for the Summer.
    Looking at the rendering... seems it's only a small "rainy day like" parade to get the crowds wet during summer and not a full blown parade repplacing the existing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwen
    I like the idea for the new parade, too! If it catches on, maybe the rest of the Disney parks will even get it!
    Seems to me they have taken the idea from TDL Orwen.. now it's up to the remaining parks to do something like this if they wanted to spend the money.

• Minion FOREVER!

Nice article, Loomis!

I like the fact that iasw is getting a DL-like facade, but the inside is unique (but yet done in the Mary Blair style).

I think the rainy-day parade is very cute. I doubt that the state
    side parks would have one since it doesn't rain as often.

• Banned User

Correction!! HKDL already has a rainy day parade. What a meant to say is this "Waterworks Parade" seems to be a similar concept that would play daily, regardless of it being raining or not. I think the purpose of this parade would be to "refresh" guests from the heat of summertime in Hong Kong.

• Creative Director

^Right. What I am wondering is are there only 4 units to this parade? or is this just part of it, and not all the concept art is released?
    Most likely, this is it, at least that is what I am thinking.

also, if it is only 4 units- is just going to go by within 5 minutes or so, or is going to stop and do a little show stop to lengthen the viewing time, thus, there only being 4 major units.

It is nice to see HKDL getting a new parade, even if it is only 4 units, and the design is all new and not taking floats from other parks.

• Banned User

There are more rendering and photos on this Laughingplace.com report
    http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-334.asp

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

If you look at the enlarged picture of the model of the ride, you can see all the way on the far right Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing in front of the castle. It looks like they are going with the Mary Blair style characters, which really is a great idea. Seeing this concept art in the World of Disney Store in New York really gets me excited, because all the characters that go through the "magical transformation," as the original title was, really shows that something classic, yet updated and fun! Hopefully I'll get out there one day to check it out.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Adding 30 popular Disney characters to HKDL's It's A Small World will be a fun new twist to the fanciful disney classic.
    I cetainly enjoyed It's a small world Holiday at Disneyland a few days ago. Things stagnate when they stay the same forever.

The HKDL water parade is a super idea as well. As BlueSkyDriveBy has indicated, I hope that the water isn't the result of Disney characters with overactive bladder conditions.

As for a Disney Animation attraction on HKDL's MainStreet...

Overall, as I have said before, one ride between now and 2008 is rather pathetic. At this rate, it will take more than a decade before Hong Kong has half a Disneyland. Think I'll opt for Tokyo or Paris when I make my first non-stateside Disney resort visits.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast