• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Fireworks at HKDL

Since being in Hong Kong is the fireworks show really really amazing? I am just curious because of its location and if it would have a influence from the surrounding area. :X

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Fireworks at HKDL

I've snapped a few shots of the fireworks starting from here:

http://www.hkdlsource.com/gallery/viewimg&img=266

(The dozen or so shots after that also contain shots of the fireworks).

I usually take the attitude that you’ve seen one set of fireworks, you’ve seen them all. However, it was difficult once again to not get caught up in the enthusiasm of the locals. There was genuine awe as the multi-coloured lights arced their way across the night sky, and exploded in a dizzying array of pixie dust. The magic was certainly alive in Hong Kong that night. So perhaps in that case it was just the energy that surrounded me, but I thought that they were just as good as any fireworks show I'd seen.
    Last edited by Loomis; 03-14-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Since being in Hong Kong is the fireworks show really really amazing?
    Well that's really a matter of opinion but generally it seems that you either love it or hate it. Personally I really enjoy this show not only for its content but also because it is on every night of the year! It may not contain the big shells that you would see over the Anaheim castle but it is a charming and intimate show that keeps your attention and is well mixed with an appealing soundtrack.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    I am just curious because of its location and if it would have a influence from the surrounding area. :X
    Culturally one could say it is influenced by many years of fireworks experience and is placed in an area that has certainly seen its share of marvellous displays. The fact that the crowd still "oohs", "aahs" and generally seems to enjoy watching this show would seem indicate that it must hold at least something to the fireworks that they've seen before.

Physically, the surrounding mountains don't appear to affect the show that much because it's a smaller show, focused on the Castle, and it's dark, I found that I forgot about the mountains surrounding the park when the sun went down. The isolated location also contributes to HKDL being able to have the nightly show so that is an influence from the surrounding area.

You can also read about the show, its music and viewing options on the HKDL Source's Fireworks page:

http://www.hkdlsource.com/park/fireworkparade
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Wow Thank you!

I was reading the history you have on your site... Really well written! Thank you again for all the info!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by V1213 View Post
    The isolated location also contributes to HKDL being able to have the nightly show so that is an influence from the surrounding area.
    The residents of posh nearby Discovery Bay area beg to differ.

I just watched a video of the show on YouTube. It seems nice, though at a smaller scale. I thought it was interesting that it didn't have the "When You Wish Upon A Star" moment we have in California and Florida, with the drizzling gold fireworks and purple castle, reminiscent of the Wonderful World of Disney. I suppose it wouldn't mean much/anything to the locals, whereas it seems to be the emotional high point in both Wishes at WDW and Remember at Disneyland, evoking the TV image, which I think is burned on the brains of all Americans.

Anyway, I had a logistical question about the show. It seems that a lot of fireworks are shot off near the castle and on each side of the castle (Fantasyland roofs?). Does this require closing certain areas of the park, as in California and Florida? Or were they able to plan for this in the layout of the park (since they knew they'd do this type of fireworks show) and keep all the attractions, shops, and restaurants open?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte View Post
    I just watched a video of the show on YouTube. It seems nice, though at a smaller scale. I thought it was interesting that it didn't have the "When You Wish Upon A Star" moment we have in California and Florida, with the drizzling gold fireworks and purple castle, reminiscent of the Wonderful World of Disney. I suppose it wouldn't mean much/anything to the locals, whereas it seems to be the emotional high point in both Wishes at WDW and Remember at Disneyland, evoking the TV image, which I think is burned on the brains of all Americans.

Anyway, I had a logistical question about the show. It seems that a lot of fireworks are shot off near the castle and on each side of the castle (Fantasyland roofs?). Does this require closing certain areas of the park, as in California and Florida? Or were they able to plan for this in the layout of the park (since they knew they'd do this type of fireworks show) and keep all the attractions, shops, and restaurants open?
    Disney in the Stars seems to follow a format similar to Fantasy in the Sky or Believe...There's Magic in the Stars.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte View Post
    They close off the open areas behind the castle in Fantasyland, all the way back to the carrousel. In the front side of the castle, guests can view as close as the curb closest to the castle. Side walkways on either side of the castle are also closed during the show.

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    They close off the open areas behind the castle in Fantasyland, all the way back to the carrousel. In the front side of the castle, guests can view as close as the curb closest to the castle. Side walkways on either side of the castle are also closed during the show.
    They also close the railroad and Fantasy Gardens early for the backstage firework launches as well.
    Although, having seen the fireworks from the Hollywood Hotel, it looks as though the launch site may be closer to Magic Way and the hotel than the back of Fantasyland...
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Banned User

True, I had a park view room at the Hollywood and it did appear that back launch to be far away from the train track. God I miss being in that room right now...

here are some shots I snapped of the fireworks~ hope you would like it~

Last edited by bennettshiu; 03-17-2007 at 07:13 PM.

And these are some shots in Christmas

• Banned User

Very pretty shots.

• Goofy

wow these pictures are wonderful.