Sorry - more questions

Hi

I am going to Hongkong Disneyland Resort for 3 nights in april 07. i'm staying at the Hongkong Disneyland hotel.

Someone once told me that Disney offers tours of Hongkong. Does anyone know anything about this, if its true and if it is how i would go about booking this etc.

Can anyone recommend some good place to visit in hongkong. if we do not go on a tour. there are 3 adults in our group. not really into shopping particularly, but we would like to see some thing of Hongkong. Well, 2 of the group do, i'd be quite happy staying in Disney but then i'm wierd like that.

Can anyone also recommend some good restaurants at the Disney resort. we would like to try some "oriental" food but feel that one group member may insist on "western" food.

thansk in advance

• Watch Your Language

Re: Sorry - more questions

Quote Originally Posted by it398 View Post
    Hi

I am going to Hongkong Disneyland Resort for 3 nights in april 07. i'm staying at the Hongkong Disneyland hotel.

Someone once told me that Disney offers tours of Hongkong. Does anyone know anything about this, if its true and if it is how i would go about booking this etc.

Can anyone recommend some good place to visit in hongkong. if we do not go on a tour. there are 3 adults in our group. not really into shopping particularly, but we would like to see some thing of Hongkong. Well, 2 of the group do, i'd be quite happy staying in Disney but then i'm wierd like that.

Can anyone also recommend some good restaurants at the Disney resort. we would like to try some "oriental" food but feel that one group member may insist on "western" food.

thansk in advance
    Pls do keep in mind that :
    Ching Ming Festival, a public holiday on 5th April 2007
    Easter Holidays 6-9th April 2007

There is Crystal Lotus Restaurant at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, offering Chinese Food(Sichuan, Beijing, Shanghai and Guangdong). For Buffet, there is Enchanted Garden Restaurant also at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel.

There is also a Chinese Restaurant inside the Park, Plaza Inn on Mainstreet USA.

You have plenty of time to check out those restaurants if you are staying for 3 nites at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.

There are numerous choices available for you to explore outside HKDL if you are interested. (it really depends how many days u plan to stay in Hong Kong)

do some research on Hong Kong before you arrive. There are plenty of things to do in Hong Kong. I suggest you to check out www.discoverhongkong.com (official website of HK Tourism Board), it offers a lot of Tourist information.

you might also need "Octopus" card to travel on MTR or KCR at Hong Kong.
    "Taxi" is a good alternative. It really depends on where you are going, and how many people you are travelling with etc...
    There are various types of "Octopus card" available, do pick the right ones for you if you think you need it.

to avoid disappointment, reservation is a good idea during Peak Season.

my suggestion:
    if you are interested in Chiu Chow Cuisine (chinese cuisine, from the region of chiu chow), i recommend Chao Inn on the 10th Floor of 1 Peking Road, TST, where you can view the 8pm nightly show "A Symphony of Lights" at Victoria Harbour. But u do need reservation and ask for a table near the window.

Have Fun!
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 01-04-2007 at 07:24 AM.

thanks for the quick reply. i'm going to be in hongkong over easter (7-10th April) so i guess that means the crowds may be a little heavy is that right?

thanks for the link, i'll start looking into it now.

After Chinese New Year (Mid-February) to May day (China's National holiday is on the 1st week of May) is a great time to go to Hong Kong Disneyland since it is a quiet season. I don't think you'll see a crowd problem from Chinese mainlanders.