Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Pirates Concept Art?

Following on from the thread in the Disneyland forum, could this be hint of the Pirates themed area to come?

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=96

Last edited by Loomis; 01-18-2007 at 01:09 AM.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Minion

Re: Pirates Concept Art?

It looks a bit too large. But if the proposed concept is anything like that, we're in for a real treat! I've been wanting to visit Hong Kong Disneyland for a while now, and this is just making me want to go even more! I'll have to wait until after Pirates of the Caribbean opens though.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

That looks amazing and have you seen the other bits on the Annual Report? Carland, New Disney Park Concept, New Night-time water spectacular TOY STORY MANIA (YES!) and much more. Looks very interseting!

Look at the picture below the pirate-themed adventure that says concept for new Disney theme park.
    http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves.../int/dint.html
    The pirate-themed adventure and the new disney theme park look like the same place. (note the rope bridge and the buildings to the right)

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I don't think the proposed depiction is too large. They have a large chunk of land beyond the train tracks just outside of the currently established Adventureland.

ORWEN: And it's long been claimed that any more expansion of this particular park has no choice but to be built outside those train tracks. So, it could work.

ORGOCH: Long as they's got frogs over there, who the @#$% cares 'bout expandin' anything?!

I don't think it is too large at all. After all, how will they fit all those people inside something only 360 x 109 pixels!

I am now thinking that the Nightime water spectacular could also be something Hong Kong bound. A few of those pics fit in with rumoured rumblings.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I think it does look to large of a scale (blue sky)...the whole lagoon and mountain and town and ship and ride seems a bit much...but I'd like to see as much as there is in the art make its way to the park.

ive heard rumblings that the lagoon show artwork is actually for DCA, but either park could definitely use it!

if they announce that that pirates themed land is gonna get built in HKDL, Im gonna have to start saving up now to be able to get there in time for its opening!!!! that land could make the park shoot up the disney park rankings, if it doesnt get nickled and dimed to death....
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Minion

One of the other renderings, the one that says new theme park concept, has a "Mermaid Lagoon" just like the one at TDS at the left of the image - easier to see if you save it and blow it up. I think most likely, this is an idea for another "Sea" type park.

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    One of the other renderings, the one that says new theme park concept, has a "Mermaid Lagoon" just like the one at TDS at the left of the image - easier to see if you save it and blow it up. I think most likely, this is an idea for another "Sea" type park.
    That was my thinking too. It seemed like a DisneySea concept, and while that seemed like it could be for any park, I logically ruled out Tokyo as they already have one; Anaheim and Paris as their 'second gates' are not that old and WDW because they already have so many parks. Plus, Lantau Island is...well...an island, and it would make some sense to have a Sea-based park there, especially if their chief competitor is Ocean Park over on Hong Kong Island.

There are a few concepts I could certainly see being applied to Hong Kong, and one of these that hasn't been discussed as much - certainly not in relation to HKDL - was the Urban Entertainment Centre. Given the backdrop, I wouldn't necessarily say that this would be part of the park, but you never know - it may be part of an ongoing attempt to push Disney into Asia.

Finally, the Water Spectacular has been mentioned in relation to other parks, but didn't Al Lutz mention a proposed Fantasmic-style attraction in HKDL's expanded areas?

This is all guess-work, and the only one we have any real indication of seeing in HKDL is Pirates, and even that is subject to official announcement.

Wow, there are a lot of projects there...I think the "pirate themed adventure" and "new theme park" look different. While both involve water and fanciful designs, I see differences. In the new park, on the left side looks like spiral towers similar to the Mermaid Lagoon part of TDS and at the top looks like a spaceship possible a future theme. I don't know but I think there different projects.

Does anybody know if the bottom Monster Inc. artwork is for the Tokyo project?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood View Post
    Does anybody know if the bottom Monster Inc. artwork is for the Tokyo project?
    Yep. It is the concept art for Tokyo Disneyland's Monsters Inc attraction opening in 2008.

• Minion

If you look at early concept art for HKDL, which in one or two cases shows blurry renderings of a second gate, there is a lot of water in that park. That might suggest another "Sea" park. So, it might not be far fetched to think that new park in the annual report may be for HK.

(Images of the old concept art can be seen, among other places, in concept art for HKDL at Disneytheque.com)

I just wonder if Disney is willing to spend so much money on HKDL. OK of course it needs the development but can it be justified?

Maybe that's why the title of the page is called "Dreaming"...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    I just wonder if Disney is willing to spend so much money on HKDL. OK of course it needs the development but can it be justified?

Maybe that's why the title of the page is called "Dreaming"...
    I'm worried about that too. Disney has had a tendancy to cut budgets, especially for large projects. California Adventure is a prime example. Now I'm still a bit blurry on how Hong Kong Disneyland is operated. Is it owned by Disney, or by some other company? The only non-Disney owned Disney parks I'm aware of are Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. The Oriental Land Company basically gave Imagineers an endless budget of $3 billion when it came to creating their second gate, Tokyo DisneySea. If the same can be said for Hong Kong Disneyland, we'll be seeing some magnificent feats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast