• Watch Your Language

HKDL plans to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Hong Kong returning to China

迪士尼向政府建議一系列慶祝回歸十周年計劃
    2007-03-01

今年是香港回歸十周年,香港迪士尼樂園已向政府建議一系列慶祝計劃。

行政總裁安明智與記者午宴時表示,迪士尼計劃贈送全年通行證,受惠的主要是本地及內地小童,但他沒有證實, 是否向在一九九七年七月一日出生的小童送贈全年通行證。

安明智又表示,今年農曆年,樂園大約八成門票一早預售,但他不肯透露實際入場人數,只是表示,七成訪客來自 內地。
    Source: HKATV news

Partial Translation

HKDL has proposed to the HK Government a series of promotion/events to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Hong Kong returning to China as well as the Establishment of the Hong Kong Special Administration Region on 1st July 2007.

Bill Ernest of HKDL revealed that HKDL plans to giveaway Annual Pass to Children in HK and Mainland China but he refused to give details.

Re: HKDL plans to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Hong Kong returning to China

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Bill Ernest of HKDL revealed that HKDL plans to giveaway Annual Pass to Children in HK and Mainland China but he refused to give details.

Can I just point out that Ocean Park announced its special handover celebration details LAST YEAR!!! As always Hong Kong Disneyland is way behind its rival in promotion and marketing.

As for HKDL giving away anything- what a joke! I'll believe that when I see it.

This is the same place that CHARGED school choirs at Christmas to come in and entertain their guests. So not only were the kids and their families asked to pay to get into the park, they then provided the entertainment.

They are apparently also planning "special" decorations and merchandise. Well why not - decorations can't cost that much - just recycle the Chinese New Year ones.

As for merchandise - again, why not? It's another chance to rip off gullible guests with biscuits that taste like sawdust.

Could they PLEASE do something vaguely original?

Cheers,
    Joyce

Cheers,
    Joyce

• Banned User

Re: HKDL plans to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Hong Kong returning to China

Well, it's only fitting HKDL will celebrate a decade of Chinese regime.. after all, don't they own part of this resort?

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
    This is the same place that CHARGED school choirs at Christmas to come in and entertain their guests. So not only were the kids and their families asked to pay to get into the park, they then provided the entertainment.
    This performing groups getting charged to perform in the park is quite normal. At the other Magic Kingdoms when they have "Magical Music Days" the performing groups sign up to perform in the park, knowing that they must still pay (discounted group) park admission for that day.
    The way Disney sees it, if you want to have the "priviledge" of performing at Disneyland it costs money to not only operate the park for you but also make the arrangements to accomodate your performance.
    As far as I'm aware friends and relatives aren't entitled to the ticket discount as they aren't performing, though if there are enough of them I'm sure they could organise a group discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
    They are apparently also planning "special" decorations and merchandise. Well why not - decorations can't cost that much - just recycle the Chinese New Year ones.
    We expect Disney to create "special" decorations that aren't recycled from other seasons - that's the Disney difference, that's why it isn't your cheap local amusement park. I for one would be quite disappointed if it was just a mish mash "Happy New Christmas" theme instead of a celebration of 10 years of Hong Kong SAR.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011