Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Main Street Master

Is MSEP still coming to HKDL?

I heard rumors about it resurfacing either this year or next year. Anyone have any news about it?
    .....Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls. Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination. In thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthemagnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!.....

.....Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Is MSEP still coming to HKDL?

I have asked Disney about this, and they told me they may have an answer for me this week. Fingers crossed, hey?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I don't really see why they couldn't have the Electrical parade performing at Hong Kong Disneyland, myself. I mean, it's not like it would cost them all that much more to let the people over there have one more thing to do at a park that really NEEDS more.

ORDDU: A while back there had been a rumor going around that claimed the Entertainment Management didn't really want to add the Electrical parade to their already busy schedule because it would be 'too much to handle' on top of all their other responsibilities. But if they expect the park to grow as fast as it needs to, they really ought to get USED to adding things like this.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Where are the actual floats are they still in some storage building in Paris or have they arrived in Hong Kong yet?

• Banned User

Indeed the Electrical parade will go to Hong Kong Disneyland this has been confirmed by one of Disneylands entertainment managers and imagineers, the parade will leave DCA in 2008 and will travel to Hong Kong where guests from China will get to experience this dazzaling parade which has brought so many wonderful memories for those around the world. Once the parade opens in HKDL it will have traveled to all the disney parks and would have traveled millions of miles down the parade routes of all the disney parks. The floats are still at DCA just sitting in the back of a wherehouse and will return again this summer of 2007. Im not too sure if disney will push the "GLOWING AWAY" propaganda like they did in 1996 at disneyland but it will be sad to see this wonderful parade leave California again. There is a rumor however, that after its run in HKDL we may see the wonderful parade light up the night again in Disneyland's Main Street in 2012, or the next big Disneyland anniversary. So lets hope that its true!.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ Why would DCA be sending thier MSEP to HKDL when DLP has already given up it's MSEP to HKDL?

• Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoDisneylandFan View Post
    Indeed the Electrical parade will go to Hong Kong Disneyland this has been confirmed by one of Disneylands entertainment managers and imagineers, the parade will leave DCA in 2008 and will travel to Hong Kong where guests from China will get to experience this dazzaling parade which has brought so many wonderful memories for those around the world. Once the parade opens in HKDL it will have traveled to all the disney parks and would have traveled millions of miles down the parade routes of all the disney parks. The floats are still at DCA just sitting in the back of a wherehouse and will return again this summer of 2007. Im not too sure if disney will push the "GLOWING AWAY" propaganda like they did in 1996 at disneyland but it will be sad to see this wonderful parade leave California again. There is a rumor however, that after its run in HKDL we may see the wonderful parade light up the night again in Disneyland's Main Street in 2012, or the next big Disneyland anniversary. So lets hope that its true!.
    Who told you this as I am pretty sure DLP's MSEP is destined for showing at HKDL. However it is unaware how many of the floats HKDL will buy/have bought. I wouldn't be surprised if they buy all the floats but only show a fraction of the whole parade (ala Fantillusion) apon it's HKDL premier to see how popular it is.

• Banned User

what are you talking about???
    I got this from a manager that is a entertainment/parade manager for Disneyland/DCA parades. The disneyland paris electrical parade floats were shipped to DCA when it opened here in California. They are not over there anymore where have you been? The pinocchio pleasure island float burned and the snow white dwarf mine float is in pieces in paris, so its for sure that when the wonderful world of color show opens in DCA, DCA's electircal parade will be shipped to HKDL.

• Hello!

Then where is Disneyland's original MSEP then?

• Banned User

wait, last i herd.. MK's original parade was brought back to central shops for a over hual, then was going to be shipped to hong kong.

if what your saying is true, where is it?

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Yes, that is correct. WDW's MSEP is going to Hong Kong, not DL's.

• Hello!

Of course, I was right...

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Where are you guys getting your information from?

Nothing has been confirmed with MSEP for HK as yet, beyond the mention in the Disneyland podcast last year. We ASKED Disney about it, although the answer is less than conclusive:

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=124
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Creative Director

The parade from DCA is supposedly NOT leaving to HK. This is what I was told from folks in DLR parades and entertainment. Unless the news changed, so far, it was a different MSEP that was being sent to HK. There was also talk that the parade was already in HK in storage, waiting until management decides to premiere it.

Angry Re: Is MSEP still coming to HKDL?

wow such confusion, wdw's original msep went to dlp in 91. where is it now?? in paris still or hong kong? dl's oringinal version went to wdw in 99 then went back to dca. since there seems to be one version of the parade just sitting out there un used i hope they would send that to hong kong not the dca version which is being shown now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast