• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

HKDL Source Downtime

Can you think of the worst possible scenario and multiply it by ten? No, they aren’t removing Space Mountain from HKDL, but the HKDL Source is moving servers – and that means you are going to be without us for a short stretch.

Due to a few problems with the current host of HKDL Source, we have been suddenly and unexpectedly forced to pack up our wares and move our shop elsewhere.

What does this mean? In the short term, it is going to mean a brief interruption to the service. We will probably be down for 24 – 48 hours while we (and by that, I mean Alex) busily go about the business of uploading the site to a new server. You’ll probably notice us not being here for that time. It will also result in some of the regularly updated content, such as Monday’s “This Week in Hong Kong Disneyland” column, being published later in the week.

We regret any inconvenience, heartbreak, tears or temper tantrums this causes. Try to remember the children and the family of squirrels.

Fret not! In only a few days, all of this ugly business will be behind us, and we’ll be all set to bring you makeovers, new content, contests and exclusive news in the lead-up to our First Anniversary Remodel in July.

See you on the other side!

http://www.hkdlsource.com
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Minion

Re: HKDL Source Downtime

ORDDU: So sorry to hear about this, Loomis, duckling. My sisters and I have actually become addicted to your web-footed site--conjuring it up multiple times a day inside our crystal ball.

ORGOCH: If'n ya wants, I can throw a potion tagether that'll git even with that dang server that went 'n done ya wrong!

ORWEN: Hmmm...I'll admit that whenever I eat out, I sometimes get mistreated by MY server, too! Even so, I only use my magic to do GOOD deeds--unlike a certain nasty old biddy who enjoys handing out curses all over the place!

ORDDU: In any case, Loomis dear, just know that you cauldron girls are behind you all the way. We truly enjoy the good job you always do in promoting Hong Kong Disneyland.

• Banned User

Did you forget to pay your rent Loomis???

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Did you forget to pay your rent Loomis???
    More a case of the landlord conveniently forgetting the terms of the lease. We'll hopefully be back soonish, better than ever.

Well, we'll be back at least
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

we're Back!

That was a horrid 24 hours, and we hope it won't happen again!

We've had to change the query sting operator from '?' to '&' - this means that a lot of URLS have changed for the DYNAMIC pages (the normal content is fine). If you could put a thing up asking people to check their bookmarks, that would be great. This is only temporary.

What does that mean? If you've directly bookmarked a news article or something, you may have to change your bookmarks to reflect the slight change.

For example, if you'd directly linked to a story with the following URL:

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=124

it would now be:

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory&story=124

Otherwise, everything else is exactly the same as the ol' HKDL Source you've come to know and (hopefully) love. If not love, tolerate.

Thanks for your patience during this time.