Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

New attractions at HKDL and HKOP

海洋公園、迪士尼將增設施

【本報香港訊】香港迪士尼樂園與海洋公園均正積極擴建吸客,香港迪士尼的新遊戲設施「小小世界」將率先於明 年初啟用,海洋公園亦會在2009年開放登山列車及至少七項全新機動遊戲。機電工程署回覆立法會就下年度開 支預算的查詢時透露,海洋公園將於2007至2008年度興建八項新設施,包括貫穿與海濱樂園與高峰樂園的 高峰列車,以及另外七項機動遊戲,當中有過山車、木筏、水上激流、碰碰車等。這些設施都會在2009年分階 段啟用。
    海洋公園正進行55億元的重建工程,上月已開放新景點「七彩昇空天地」,熊貓館亦正進行臨時改建工程,以趕 及在「七‧一」前夕迎接兩頭北京中央贈送的大熊貓。至於全新的熊貓永久居所預計於2008年落 成。
    Source: World Journal

According to World Journal, "IASW" is coming to HKDL in early 2008.

and HKOP (HK Ocean Park) is going to build 8 attractions in 2007-2008 time frame, those attractions (including a funicular train and 7 news rides, such as rollercoaster, and a new panda pavilion)and will be completed by 2009 by phases. The new panda pavilion will house the 2 existing pandas plus 2 new baby pandas given to the HKSAR for its 10th Anniversary by the China Central Government. The New Panda Pavilion will be completed by 2008.

• Minion

Re: New attractions at HKDL and HKOP

ORWEN: Well, where have you been, HongKongDisneyland, duckling? Everybody's known about It's a Small World coming to Hong Kong for quite a while, now. I thought you were about to announce something we DIDN'T know.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Well, where have you been, HongKongDisneyland, duckling? Everybody's known about It's a Small World coming to Hong Kong for quite a while, now. I thought you were about to announce something we DIDN'T know.

Yeah, but bonus points for use of the words "funicular train".

Nice to see HKOP is expanding though. May go back one day. Half the rides were closed on the day I visited (except the log-flume and the Dragon).
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

If HKDL is to keep pace with HKOP, then it has to put its act together. The Chinese market is all about new rides.

Apart from building new rides at HKDL, it should think about designing and building the second gate, too. I guess if they start now, then it might get built in 7 or 8 years, which should be about right.

I think HKOP does not have a good plan for extension... they are just putting the attractions wherever it has space... and the concept art of the coming zone reveals they are following DL style...
    people said that OP has the pin trading now~ their own style will be abandoned and it is going to be another disneyland without famous characters...

I do want OP keep following what they did.... as it is exclusive in HK...

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by bennettshiu View Post
    I think HKOP does not have a good plan for extension... they are just putting the attractions wherever it has space... and the concept art of the coming zone reveals they are following DL style...
    people said that OP has the pin trading now~ their own style will be abandoned and it is going to be another disneyland without famous characters...

I do want OP keep following what they did.... as it is exclusive in HK...
    It's weird that HKOP would become like Disneyland since it's the park that's attracting the mainlanders, despite it's drawbacks that make us westerners dislike it.
    At least they're being true to themselves in terms of their expansion - chucking it wherever, which is what made it the sprawly incoherent mush that it is today, devoid of any direction or unifying concept (not everything there is even "ocean" - Panda's, go-karts [pay extra to ride!], mine train etc.).
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Banned User

Oh who cares about Ocean Park???

• Minion FOREVER!

Yup, OP interests me as much as a Six Flags park or Great America... in other words,
    not much (although I do go to both occasionally)

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Oh who cares about Ocean Park???
    My Friends... we have a fierce debate about which park is better...
    they just care about the number of attractions... and the entrance fee...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bennettshiu View Post
    My Friends... we have a fierce debate about which park is better...
    they just care about the number of attractions... and the entrance fee...
    Well.. the reason for my rant is this: This is MC's HKDL section! I wish people who are interested on other theme parks besides HKDL (and those who think we care about it) would take these Google report posts and add them in the proper MC section where they belong: Other Theme Parks section. NOT HERE, where they don't belong. Same for anything related to Macau. Thank you...

Now that I am off the soapbox, I will be headed out the door and on my way to HKDL shortly. I just wished the day wasn't so...greyish, in a smoggy kind of way.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

/\
    Lol

Well said.

Well.. the reason for my rant is this: This is MC's HKDL section! I wish people who are interested on other theme parks besides HKDL (and those who think we care about it) would take these Google report posts and add them in the proper MC section where they belong: Other Theme Parks section. NOT HERE, where they don't belong. Same for anything related to Macau. Thank you...

Now that I am off the soapbox, I will be headed out the door and on my way to HKDL shortly. I just wished the day wasn't so...greyish, in a smoggy kind of way.
    sorry for my misunderstanding~ people in HK use to cross the section of forum for discussion... different culture~ I will keep in mind~

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Bravo. I know this is a sub-forum, and often all sorts of stuff gets thrown in here (I am guilty of plugging my HKDL site more than once), but there is a temptation to talk about absolutely anything in here. I think we are one of the better forums, as we don't tend to get bogged down with as many 'What if...' style threads.

To be fair, I do find OP's competitive offerings interesting, and it makes for a good comparison with what HKDL is doing, but only in the context of how it relates to HKDL.

Now back to our scheduled programme.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    To be fair, I do find OP's competitive offerings interesting, and it makes for a good comparison with what HKDL is doing, but only in the context of how it relates to HKDL.
    Well... almost anything in the World could be compared to what they are doing at HKDL, but still .... I feel this is not the forum to talk about such issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast