Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

TDLFAN's Springtime Visit to HKDL

Hello everyone.. I was able to make it to HKDL for several hours in the afternoon of march 22nd and enjoyed the park's quiet surroundings with minimal crowds, and plenty ot time to relax and take it all in.. I also got to rediscover the fabulous show line up this park features (Festival of the Lion king, and Golden Mickeys) and got to check on the progress made at IASW's construction site. Yes folks, the singing stepford kids from around the World are coming to HKDL and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Attractions like Autopia still packs them in while Space Mountain is a walkon.. go figure. I also got to enjoy once more Tarzan's Treehouse, which I believe is the most elaborate and well thought out incarnation of the good old treehouse walk-thru attraction yet. Enjoyed the HKDL Parade, which kicks WDW's parade butt to Europe and back in execution and color.. (it was after all, partly borrowed from TDL of course...) and got to try some of the park's chinese food fare, and top off the night with the ever wonderful "Disney in the Stars" fireworks.
    Here are some of the photos from all of the things I did in the day.
    Special mention to MC's Katsmom who made a special trip to meet with me, along with her young daughter. It was a pleasure meeting them both and my very first Micechat meet at HKDL. Thanks Katsmom! Loved the goodies..

And now on with the show...
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32497542&f=

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Re: TDLFAN's Springtime Visit to HKDL

Great pics as usual TDLFAN, always good to see different perspectives.

Amidst your positive report I have one gripe to add - the celestial objects on the top of the Orbitron are still static!
    Originally the orbs would circle at an approximately 45° angle to the ground as the ride itself rotated, making for a very mesmerising sight as the orbs looked as though they were flying around and dodging each other.
    Unfortunately your pictures show that they are still static, as they were when I visited in February, remaining parallel to the ground and not moving at all save for the rotation of the ride itself.

Very disappointing. Is this the first recorded "declining by degrees" at HKDL?
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• World Traveler

Wonderful pictures! Gosh that park looks empty.

• Pilot EdForceOne

empty? more like ghost town!

Who are these gals? They came from the backstage area to watch the parade and then disappeared the same way they came... Hmmm...
    Maybe new imported CM help..? I wouldn't mind giving them a tour

• Pilot EdForceOne

Ouch.. this ariel looks more like ursula!!
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...542&p=75423160

Noticed no body suit either...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by V1213 View Post
    Amidst your positive report I have one gripe to add - the celestial objects on the top of the Orbitron are still static!
    That is incorrect. They were spinning. Trust me.. I looked at then doing their thing. If they appear static on the photos, it's a coincidence.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That is incorrect. They were spinning. Trust me.. I looked at then doing their thing. If they appear static on the photos, it's a coincidence.
    Is it not possible they were standing still, and you were spinning from the thrill of being inside HKDL?

Wonderful photos, TDLFAN. You have a terrific eye for detail, and I always enjoy seeing Disney's gardens from any angle.

Wish you'd come work for us.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Thanks for the assurance TDLFAN. I guess I got a bit carried away...

It was this photo that worried me most: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...542&p=75423323

I'm glad that HKDL isn't stinging on these atmosphere/show elements, very pleasing.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by V1213 View Post
    Thanks for the assurance TDLFAN. I guess I got a bit carried away...

It was this photo that worried me most: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...542&p=75423323

I'm glad that HKDL isn't stinging on these atmosphere/show elements, very pleasing.
    I saw nothing of the kind in the park. In fact, the reason why the Orbitron's features appear to be fuzzy is because they were spinning and I captured them with an open lense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    Wish you'd come work for us.
    I don't come for cheaps Loomis dear... I demand at least 35 grands a year and full medical/dental/retirement benefits... with enough days off to see my hunny at home.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I don't come for cheaps Loomis dear... I demand at least 35 grands a year and full medical/dental/retirement benefits... with enough days off to see my hunny at home.
    How about a shiny penny and the knowledge that you are in the hearts of the children the world over?
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

The Park looks great. However, I can't help but notice the odds and ends that don't make it a Disneyland Paris, but leave it in the family of DCA and WDSP. I am not saying it is as nearly ugly or poorly planned as either of them, but there are certain things that could have been elaborated on.

• Minion FOREVER!

Again, I'm joining the chorus. TDLFAN, thanks for all the pics.
    I for one really enjoy the various shots since that's the only way that you can
    come close to getting a feel for the place. (and you're one of the very few that
    take lots of pictures of the decor and the horticulture). You also have a very
    keen eye... like those pictures of the girls from backstage...

Is it just me but I always do a double take when i see Main Street (and
    the castle in the background) w/o the tracks...

• Banned User

I much prefer Main Street without the tracks and I wish the MK resurfaced theirs with bricks. Would make the MK look much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    The Park looks great. However, I can't help but notice the odds and ends that don't make it a Disneyland Paris, but leave it in the family of DCA and WDSP. I am not saying it is as nearly ugly or poorly planned as either of them, but there are certain things that could have been elaborated on.
    I agree, but this park was built cheaply. Concidering that... they did an excellent job. So much so that I find it much more attractive than the MK in many ways...

• Minion

I much prefer Main Street without the tracks and I wish the MK resurfaced theirs with bricks. Would make the MK look much better.
    I like Hong Kong Disneyland's bricked Main Street too. I really wish Disneyland would do something similar, since the asphalt is looking a bit dirty and cracked. Having the entire street bricked would be very appealing to look at.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion FOREVER!

Actually, I like the brick much better than the DL's asphalt... but I still do a double take
    each time. Maybe it's because the Castle is identical to DL's and that picture
    is so iconic and I'm soooooo used to it....

(same with the hills in the back; nicer, but still makes me feel odd... like someone photoshopped it... sorry it's definitely an emotional thing....).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast