Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Updates on the Shanghai and Hong Kong projects

is that some psychological tricks to make HK government to invest?

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by bennettshiu View Post
    is that some psychological tricks to make HK government to invest?
    That's something I was pondering too. With the initial post on this thread saying that Disney would have to shell out for what may become the first specifically pirate land ever all by themselves it seems logical that they would be pressuring the HK government to give them some financial support.

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    So, I am not opposed to more Disneyland/magic kingdom parks as long as they are truly completely different and unique, and something that has not been done before.
    Shanghai may be the location that would in some ways suit TWDC taking such a risk. One of the problems facing HKDL is that people from the mainland don't know what to expect, they aren't coming with a proper idea of the "Disneyland" model, why not use this as an opportunity to try something new?

As has been stated several times, more of the same only dilutes what is already there.
    Vote NO for another xeroxed Disneyland.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    Actually, that was not was I thinking. though I do see the similarities.
    I know it's not what you were thinking. That's why I mentioned it, to say "hey, what you are describing alreadys exists, just not in the form you are thinking of, but it's already there.....and it's truly different and yet similar at the same time."

• Dreaming of Disney World

If they want to spend more money on parks in China why dont they just build another park in Hong Kong? I think it would be more smart to make HKDL a resort than to make another one parker in China.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    If they want to spend more money on parks in China why dont they just build another park in Hong Kong? I think it would be more smart to make HKDL a resort than to make another one parker in China.
    You don't grasp how many people live in China, and how difficult it is to get Mainlanders to Hong Kong on their vacations. China is a newly burgeoning world power and people just don't hop on planes for "Disney Vacations," I'm sure that Shanghai Disneyland will not cannibalize Hong Kong Disneyland, they are far enough apart that their guests will be totally different customers.

I just don't feel it is right timing for Disney to build a park in Shanghai yet. Disney's priority should be to fix HKDL.

Shanghai is just being greedy, they want to have everything that they can laid their dirty hands on.

I don't see how Disney expects to make money in Shanghai. They will have to heavily discount their merchendise.

Seoul seems like a much better deal to me. Larger local population, higher living standards, less government control etc..

Australia, the Middle East, South Africa or South America seems to make more sense for me for the next Disneyland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    Australia, the Middle East, South Africa or South America seems to make more sense for me for the next Disneyland.
    NO PLACE makes sense for another Disneyland. There are TOO MANY already!

By the way I visited Lantau Island today and saw that the reclamation work for phase 2 is still continuing. So Disney better think about and let us know what they are planning to do there.

• Minion

ORDDU: The Disney Company doesn't seem quite so willing to even HINT about what they're up to these days--probably because they're afraid fans such as us will be holding their feet to the fire if things don't turn out the way they originally announced. Just look how long they took to announce the addition of SMALL WORLD, even though it was pretty obvious to so many of us that this would be their park's next attraction.

Well... a Disney theme park in Shanghai may not generate much profit directly, but it helps Disney to build its brand in the mainland. Revenue can be generated from consumer products, licensing, movie and TV. If you think in this way then a park in Shanghai is making much more sense than another gate in Hong Kong.

To me, a theme park is too expensive and probably some smaller scare non-park entertainment will be a good start in Shanghai - probably an indoor entertainment complex in down town Shanghai, with a giant merchandise store, small scale indoor attractions and character dining experiences. It won’t be too late to put theme park on the agenda until proven financial result is recorded from the entertainment complex operations.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    NO PLACE makes sense for another Disneyland. There are TOO MANY already!
    Why? Because you can't stand the thought of another country having a Disneyland?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Why? Because you can't stand the thought of another country having a Disneyland?
    Maybe, just maybe, it has nothing to do with an animosity towards other nations. The parks are billed as international destinations. The lack of a willingness to spend only creates less than stellar results. The current roster of parks is also in need of attention.

• Minion

Really? If that's the case I stand corrected. But that's not what I read.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast