Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Updates on the Shanghai and Hong Kong projects

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Why? Because you can't stand the thought of another country having a Disneyland?
    Ummmm no. Disney parks are becoming like Starbucks. Anway do a search, you'll find my reasons. I don't really feel like repeating them here for you.

• Banned User

my understanding was at one time china wanted to build their own disneylike park in shanghai and they were pressuring disney. Mitchell pushed the expansion until he left the company. at one point he even told the press it was going to happen they were just waiting for contracts. then the coruption charges of chinese government officials came to light and the chinese government said to punish shanghai they wouldn't be getting any type of park. Iger has been dragging his feet on more parks, he has made in known on more than one occasion that the parks they are dealing with now need attention and he doesn't want to think of expansion until those problems are fixed. he also said that sometime disney would be building a park in india but not for at least 20 years or so because the needed infrastructure is know where near ready to support the project and probably won't be for 20 years or so. also the mayor of seoul made an announcement last year that the city of seoul and disney had come to an agreeement about building a park just outside of seoul.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    my understanding was at one time china wanted to build their own disneylike park in shanghai and they were pressuring disney. Mitchell pushed the expansion until he left the company. at one point he even told the press it was going to happen they were just waiting for contracts. then the coruption charges of chinese government officials came to light and the chinese government said to punish shanghai they wouldn't be getting any type of park. Iger has been dragging his feet on more parks, he has made in known on more than one occasion that the parks they are dealing with now need attention and he doesn't want to think of expansion until those problems are fixed. he also said that sometime disney would be building a park in india but not for at least 20 years or so because the needed infrastructure is know where near ready to support the project and probably won't be for 20 years or so. also the mayor of seoul made an announcement last year that the city of seoul and disney had come to an agreeement about building a park just outside of seoul.
    The idea of a park in India is a nightmare.

Seoul, I heard that that was not the case. That there is no such agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    By the way I visited Lantau Island today and saw that the reclamation work for phase 2 is still continuing. So Disney better think about and let us know what they are planning to do there.

So far the second gate is still scheduled to open around 2012. to meet that opening date it shoul start construction 2010 if the reclamation project is complete. So don't expect any info until they break ground

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, it has nothing to do with an animosity towards other nations. The parks are billed as international destinations. The lack of a willingness to spend only creates less than stellar results. The current roster of parks is also in need of attention.
    If the united states could sustain two resorts why woulnd't Asia or India not be able? They are the two most populated areas in the world

As for parks getting attention, don't forget that those parks being built overseas are mostly funded by their respective government or private companies. OLC with Tokyo and the chinese government with Hong Kong. Disney's investments in these parks are minor compared to the benefits.

Besides, before any second gate or attraction is built in those parks the budget and its construction needs to also be approved by the chinese government.

So building anything overseas does not affect the resorts here unless it starts to cannablize guests. I doubt that would occur

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    The idea of a park in India is a nightmare.

Seoul, I heard that that was not the case. That there is no such agreement.
    Well...I bet this nightmare of yours will come true. And, for all your fears, I bet that Disneyland will still be a special place, no matter where it is.

BTW, I'm kind of glad I don't have to go to Seattle everytime I want some Starbucks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    W

BTW, I'm kind of glad I don't have to go to Seattle everytime I want some Starbucks.
    You miss the point entirely.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

No, the original one might go away if they built one in INDIA !
    The sky is falling people, can't you see it? They can't look after that many parks, one might run away on them if they build too many.

That's like telling a woman with 11 kids that she can't have a twelfth. If she's able to have 11, she can certainly handle 12.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    No, the original one might go away if they built one in INDIA !
    The sky is falling people, can't you see it? They can't look after that many parks, one might run away on them if they build too many.

That's like telling a woman with 11 kids that she can't have a twelfth. If she's able to have 11, she can certainly handle 12.
    The lasting batting avergae isn't that good. It's more akin to telling a woman with 9 kids, who's had 11, she can't have another. Two are in foster care doing great and the other nine were pretty sick and still need tending.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The lasting batting avergae isn't that good. It's more akin to telling a woman with 9 kids, who's had 11, she can't have another. Two are in foster care doing great and the other nine were pretty sick and still need tending.
    The oldest turned out great. Management is kind of like the guys they marry. World's not been treated right of late, but the Floridian quads were all born healthy! Land's had a few husbands, the last one was our favorite since her first husband Walt died, her new one is a wait and see.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    The oldest turned out great. Management is kind of like the guys they marry. World's not been treated right of late, but the Floridian quads were all born healthy! Land's had a few husbands, the last one was our favorite since her first husband Walt died, her new one is a wait and see.
    And she's turning into a bit of a greedy slut now, too isn't she? Pumping out all these children?

• Banned User

i thought the china park was supposed to be opened by the olympics, doubt that is gonna happen now.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If Walt Disney was so concerned about cloning Magic Kingdoms why did he put one in Florida. All the early plans for the area show a carbon copy of DL where MK is now, and there wasn't a whole lot of differentiation between the two. I'd say every new MK park that has come since has been more dis-alike from the original than Magic Kingdom in FL was and is today. Paris is the most unique in this regard, in my view.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

i thought the china park was supposed to be opened by the olympics, doubt that is gonna happen now.
    Where'd you hear that, and impossible now, for sure. Would have been nice, for CHINA I suppose, but it wasn't the right time for the Walt Disney Co.

• Banned User

I personally didn't know they had a firm deal on the table, much less they would have a planned opening date!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast