• Watch Your Language

Complimentary Deluxe Annual Pass Offer(Special Offers to Children born in 1997)

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), Hong Kong Disneyland invites every child born in 1997 to enjoy a whole year of complimentary visits to the Park!

How it works

Every child born in 1997 can get a complimentary Deluxe Annual Pass between 15 May and 1 July 2007 to enjoy the magical delights of Hong Kong Disneyland.

A Deluxe Annual Pass allows you to meet your favourite Disney characters, and enjoy all of the amazing attractions and Broadway-style shows of Hong Kong Disneyland on most weekdays and weekends, as well as exclusive offers on hotels, dining and more!

The complimentary Annual Pass will be valid for one year starting from its issue date.

Source : Hong Kong Disneyland

--------

Special Offers to Children born in 1997

Hong Kong Theme Parks and Attractions

To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Establishment of the HKSAR, the following theme parks and attractions will make special offers to children born in 1997 –
    1. Ocean Park will offer FREE entry to children born in 1997 in the months of July and August 2007.
      Enquiry: 2552 0291
    2. Hong Kong Disneyland will offer a FREE Deluxe Annual Pass to children born in 1997. The redemption period is from 15 May to 1 July 2007.
      Enquiry: 1 830 830
    3. Ngong Ping 360 will offer FREE cable-car rides to children born in July 1997 on their birthday, or any one day in June or September 2007 (except Special Days).
      Enquiry: 2109 9898
    4. Hong Kong Wetland Park will distribute souvenirs to children born in 1997 in the months of July and August 2007.
      Enquiry: 2708 8885
    Gift Voucher Scheme for Children born in 1997

With the sponsorship of commercial enterprises, the Home Affairs Department will co-organize with members of community organizations a scheme whereby children born in 1997 will be given a gift voucher, with which they can enjoy a day of fun with their family during the cerebration period. These organizations include: Federation of Hong Kong Guangdong Community Organizations, Hong Kong Federation of Fujian Associations, Hong Kong Commerce, Industry & Professionals Association, Friends of Hong Kong Association, Hong Kong Federation of Overseas Chinese Associations, The Hong Kong Hai Nan Commercial Association, Federation of Hong Kong Guangxi Community Organizations Limited, Federation of Hong Kong Chiu Chow Community Organizations, Hong Kong Mei Zhou Association, Hong Kong Federation of Hui Chow Associations.

The 10th Anniversary Figurines

To commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, a total of 13 000 sets of “the 10th Anniversary Figurines” (“the figurines”) will be made for distribution to the public. All Hong Kong residents who have taken part in three celebration events in the 10th Anniversary Events Calendar will have a chance to get the figurines. Each set of figurines comprises two “Panda” and two “10-year-old child” characters. The figurines are designed by Mr Winson Ma, a renowned figurine designer in Hong Kong. The design concept of the figurines is at Annex.
    The figurines will be distributed through the Home Affairs Department by two rounds of lucky draws scheduled for August and October 2007 respectively, with the first round to distribute 13 000 pairs of “panda” figurines, and the second round to distribute 13 000 pairs of “10-year-old child” figurines. All Hong Kong residents are eligible to take part in the lucky draw if they have participated in three different celebration events in the Events Calendar. The two rounds of lucky draws will take place on 23 August 2007 and 23 October 2007 respectively.

Theme Song

A 10th Anniversary gift: A pair of gaint pandas

The Central People’s Government will give another pair of giant pandas as a gift to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the establishment of HKSAR. The State Forestry Administration announced on March 20 that two young and vivacious giant pandas born in the China Conservation and Research Centre for the Giant Panda in Wolong, Sichuan, in August 2005 have been selected.
    The Government has commenced preparatory work to receive the giant pandas. Following the arrangements in 1999 when An An and Jia Jia were given to Hong Kong, the Government will entrust the care of the new giant pandas to the Ocean Park.

Source : HK Government
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 03-30-2007 at 03:16 AM.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Complimentary Deluxe Annual Pass Offer

This sounds like am amazing deal.

HKDL have released their own press about this:

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory&story=135

This includes pictures of the new tickets for the period to celebrate:

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Where can I sue for discrimination? I should be entitled to the same benefits as any brat who can't appreciate Disney the way I do and promote it on these sites.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Where can I sue for discrimination? I should be entitled to the same benefits as any brat who can't appreciate Disney the way I do and promote it on these sites.
    I think you're joking there.

• Watch Your Language

This offer is good for Local HongKongers, Mainland Chinese, as well as overseas tourists. (Every Child born in 1997 are qualified to get the Free Annual Pass)

It looks good for business to me. How many of those kids will sucker their parents into buying passes so they can go to disney. Or maybe 10 year olds are allowed out on their own here. if they give out passes to 10,000 kids, and only one parent each buys a pass--add to that lunches and goodies.... Well, that's a lot of potential cash handed out. (ok, I'm not a mathematician, but it looks good to me.) It might also add to the number of people through the gate this year.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Katsmom View Post
    It looks good for business to me. How many of those kids will sucker their parents into buying passes so they can go to disney. Or maybe 10 year olds are allowed out on their own here. if they give out passes to 10,000 kids, and only one parent each buys a pass--add to that lunches and goodies.... Well, that's a lot of potential cash handed out. (ok, I'm not a mathematician, but it looks good to me.) It might also add to the number of people through the gate this year.

You must have caught a sneak peek at tomorrow's 'This Week in HKDL' column, because that pretty much sums up my feelings about it too.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Now what's a 10 year old going to do with 2 giant pandas?

Kidding.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Circle of Ancients

I think for overseas tourists, getting the tickets to the park is the least amount of cost they will have.

But it's still a cool thing.