Thread: Easter at HKDL

Easter at HKDL

My little one and I went to HKDL on the 5th and the 9th. Not a rabbit in sight. I would have loved to see Rabbit from pooh, or Bambi but nada. Oh well, maybe with the new bambi babies books we might see something.

When we walked through the gates, we were handed a card with pictures around the park to find. Point to a picture and get an easter egg shaped character sticker. This was a bit different from the last time they did a picture hunt. Then we had to take the picture and show them on the camera. Maybe they had complaints from people with regular film cameras. Who knows, speculation.

They had a couple of kids zones set up. One to make a bunny visor out of foam, and the other was the same old coloring pages from honda. Not packed at all, most rides on the 9th were a walk on. On the 5th we had to wait about 30 to 40 minutes for rides.

We saw the golden mickey's again for the first time since October, and I was watching the English translations on the tv screens. I'm not too bad at Cantonese, and I realized that the translations don't quite match. In some places, they are shortened, and in others, they are just plain different. I guess everything doesn't translate. I also noticed that during the ending scene when the Beast disapears in fireworks and the prince jumps out, it's gotten better. You can't see beast side stepping now. Bigger sparks sent out and a bit more smoke. They also stopped the smoke during the quasimodo scene.

I also saw some renovations that I can't figure out. At the Pooh ride, the rails are now made of PVC piping, I am sure they used to be metal. I can't figure that one out. Less painting, or safety?

There are also tiny plaques up on every ride now about safety and making rides dangerous for others. I saw those about a month ago, on one or two rides. Talk about fine print. They are about 3" x 4" with 8 point font. I've got good eyes, but really had to look to see them.
    We took the train to fantasyland station. It doesn't stop during the parade anymore.
    There is definitly construction on the outside of the hedgerows near the main fountain. You can see the top of the building going up now. And, peaking between the slats on the train, there is lots of stuff happening behind adventure land. I've no idea what it could be. I didn't get a good look because of the trees. Maybe someone should go in with a chain saw for us nosey people.

Yesterday we saw janitors bowling with soccerballs. They had set up some water bottles for the kids to kick a ball into. If the kids knocked them all down, they got a 12 set sticker sheet. The line was huge. The little ones didn't seem to enjoy it as much as the parents though. It was fun to watch all those "buff" locals trying to knock over the bottles, only to miss, and then see a 4 or 5 year old do it 2 minutes later.

My daughter was able to be a Jr. guest flow person at the parade on the 5th. That just made her day. The cast members also have new covers that they wear for the parade. They are red with gold tassled shoulderbars, kind of like Mickey in the band leader.

And I've a question for all you Disney film buffs. Since I first went to HKDL I've been trying to remember which cartoon has Hippo's dancing in tutu's. It's one of the trees in the fantasyland gardens. If anyone knows can you please post and put me out of my misery. I simply don't have time to go through all our movies to find a hippo!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Easter at HKDL

Quote Originally Posted by Katsmom View Post

And I've a question for all you Disney film buffs. Since I first went to HKDL I've been trying to remember which cartoon has Hippo's dancing in tutu's. It's one of the trees in the fantasyland gardens. If anyone knows can you please post and put me out of my misery. I simply don't have time to go through all our movies to find a hippo!
    that would be the original Fantasia. Hippos, Alligators, Elephants and Ostriches dance to "Dance of the Hours."

Great Report, thanks for the update!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Great update Katsmom!!! Thanks!! I will definitely have to drop by the park this week on the 16th and check out all of that activity you talked about. Guess another trip up tarzan's treehouse is in the plans.

• Minion

ORWEN: And you should also know that the hippopotamus from FANTASIA that you're talking about had a name! She was called Hyacinth.

ORGOCH: Yer the one who oughtta know, sister--since ya was the one they used ta model all their hippos 'n elephants after.

(Sounds of slaps, breaking bones, shrieks followed by a whimper...)

• Banned User

CATFIGHT!! CATFIGHT!! Nothing more entertaining than two old hags cracking their calcium-deprived bones to smitherings!!