• Banned User

TDLFAN visits HKDL, again (photos)

Well... I stopped by HKDL for a few hours in the late afternoon hours of April 16th. Not much happening at the park. I had just missed the Easter related event and activities by one day... but was able to see at least enjoy some moments of solitude in the park.. yes, solitude since the park was practically DEAD. See how many people enjoying the parade at Town Square... you won't need more that 10 fingers for that.

I walked on some rides with no wait. Visited Tarzan's Treehoouse again, to see if it is true there some construction happening behind Adventureland, but found NONE. Instead, new trees have been planted back there.. and this reminds me of the time when the Mediterranean hotel was about to be built at WDW, then after clearing land, the project was cancelled. Seems to me that whatever was going to happen back there, isn't anymore.. Those poor poor Pirates... left homeless again... but since the buzz for the new POTC3 movie is lukewarm... I am not surprised. At least a lot of Pirates' merchandise can be found in tha park (see photos), but then again, you don't have to go all the way to HKDL to buy this stuff, unless you want it to say "HKDL" on it, and don't mind settling for WDW or DL on that stuff instead.

You also want "Where Dreams Come True" merchandise with the HKDL name on it? Head to the Emporium, or check it out on this pictorial. They also still have some easter stuff leftover, but I was annoyed that they had NO easter pins left anywhere! Mind you, Xmas and Chinese new year pins are still sitting on the shelf... but where are the Easter pins??? They can not possibly be sold out so quickly. Disappointment there. No easter pins at the Airport's HKDL shop either..since I attempted one last chance to find these.... to no avail.

I also re-visited Adventureland... which is my favorite land in this park. I love the lush foliage and theming here.. JC is a lot of fun and the Tarzan's Treehouse is the best such walkthru attraction built so far. Love it for how lavishly designed it is and for the hands on extras and other little touches that make it quite lovely and unique.

I also rode Autopia again at dusk.. Great Autopia ride... the trees along this ride are simply fabulous and whimsical. I also like how every section of Autopia at night features a different lighting color.. and those underpass tunnels are so disco fun!! The cars are cute and make "brrrrmmmm" noise as you step on the pedal... How much fun can you have at Autopia? Lots! This is the 2nd best such ride of any DL park, after DL's version...so slow down, and take in the decor in the day, then re-ride at night for a most colorful experience.

Finally.. I have taken some indoor photos from many shops around the park...(those that I find particularly excellent in theme and decor), and managed to find one hidden Mickey you may or may not know about.
    Also... this may be your first look at IASW's clock tower under construction...

Capped the day with another viewing of "Disney in the Stars" fireworks, from the top of Main Street Station...

So without further ado... here are the photos.. Enjoy! TDLFAN will be going back to HKDL for a special appearance and meet and greet photo and autograph session. So those of you in the area... this is your chance to meet with TDLFAN.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32512132&f=

Re: TDLFAN visits HKDL, again (photos)

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I also rode Autopia again at dusk.. Great Autopia ride... the trees along this ride are simply fabulous and whimsical. I also like how every section of Autopia at night features a different lighting color.. and those underpass tunnels are so disco fun!! The cars are cute and make "brrrrmmmm" noise as you step on the pedal... How much fun can you have at Autopia? Lots! This is the 2nd best such ride of any DL park, after DL's version...so slow down, and take in the decor in the day, then re-ride at night for a most colorful experience.
    More tidbits about HKDL Autopia. For more detail about the lighting there are 5 different sections. That means are 5 different colors of lights. The far right track (past the turnstile) is the longest track in distance about 580 metres it circles out to UFO Zone. The far left track is the shortest, I believe its about 530 metres.(If the queue is not crowded they won't open this track)

TDLFan is right that there is a major difference in the scenery from day and night. Night time you can't see much of the track but they turn on the lights to make the scenery nicer. Daytime feels like taking a cruise in the park.

• Banned User

Great info mclubber, appreciate you giving us more insight into HKDL's Autopia. This was my 2nd ride and both times I have been on the longer track (with overpass over UFO Zone).

• Minion FOREVER!

Wow, thanks, TDLFAN!

For everything that people "knock" on about HKDL, they definitely can't knock
    WDI on the quality of what's there.... parts are downright pretty.

I'm a bit shocked about the lack of even prepwork in the supposed/rumored
    Pirates area. I would have thought that they would've cleared it by now.

Is it my imagination or that looks like the bigget iasw out of all of them? (I know
    that the rumors has it has the longest). On the other hand, I don't have much to
    compare scale to in the photos that I've seen.

• Minion

I think the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has the prettiest resort grounds out of any of the Disney resorts. From the Victorian themed train station to the charming fountain at the esplanade to the beautifully landscaped walkways that take you to the two Disney hotels. Hong Kong Disneyland may be a very small park, but the entire resort was quite well designed.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Wonderful pictures as always TDLFAN. thanks for sharing!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

The smallest disneyland but the one of the best!

thanks for your great picture!

Love the one with fog behind the Hollywood Hotel~~~
    Thanks for sharing~

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

TDLfan I have to know, do the mouths move on the tiki poles you have the picture of? They have the mouth lines like the ones in the tiki rooms.

Also that streetmosphire, it is good to see they didn't let the old March of the Artimals floats from AK go to waste.

J
    Last edited by Jerm; 04-21-2007 at 10:05 AM.
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Thanks for the update TDLFAN
    And the pictures

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    TDLfan I have to know, do the mouths move on the tiki poles you have the picture of? They have the mouth lines like the ones in the tiki rooms.
    No, they don't move. They are stationary props. However, the reason why I phograghed them is because they are straight out of the Tiki Room, of sorts..a little tribute.

Also that streetmosphire, it is good to see they didn't let the old March of the Artimals floats from AK go to waste.
    Personally, I do not recall seeing these types of puppets used in "March of the Artimals" at all. If you have pictures of them at DAK, I would like to see them. These are more in tune with what we have now in the daily parade at DAK. Furthermore, this particular litte procession thru Adventureland plays to the tune of the "Jammin' in the Jungle" music from the current DAK's parade.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Honey, you have GOT to stuff me into your suitcase the next trip you go on!