• Watch Your Language

Pico awarded contract (IASW) from HKDL total value at approx HK$16 million

Pico Far East Holdings Limited,l a leading global event marketing company announced that it has been awarded a contract worth HK$16 million by Hong Kong Disneyland.

Under the agreement, PICO has been appointed as the official contractor for the project of "It's A Small World - Show Specialty Installation" in Hong Kong Disneyland.

It will be responsible for the show set installation, which includes owner finished show set, shop drawings, show props and mechanical equipment installation, special effects installation, show platform fabrication and installation, scenic and show paint, a/v speakers and cameras, theme lighting installation, murals and scenic paintings and artists work.

The project is expected to be completed in December 2007.
    Source : Press Release by Pico
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 06-04-2007 at 12:37 PM.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Pico awarded contract (IASW) from HKDL total value at approx HK$16 million

Due to be complete in December 2007, and only now just being awarded the contract? I'm a little surprised at how slowly - or quickly depending on your point of view - the process goes.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORGOCH: Yeah, ya sure got that right, Loomis, ducklin'! Cain't figger out what the heck's goin' on, here! Small Whirl's already bein' built, far as this witch can see. So, who's been doin' all the work--up 'til now--if'n this other bunch a carpenters just got picked ta do the job?

ORWEN: And what's this about SMALL WORLD opening in December of 2007, when another press release recently state April 2008? It sounds like somebody's a bit too high on pixie dust--

ORGOCH: --less'n they got inta my witch's brew, instead! That might account fer a lot a confusion.

• Watch Your Language

it tells us that December 2007 is the tentative completion date for Show Set Installation by Pico Far East. There might well be other associated project works to be completed in between December 2007 and April 2008.

and April 2008 is the tentative opening date for "It's A Small World" attraction itself.

They might open IASW earlier ....

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: And what's this about SMALL WORLD opening in December of 2007, when another press release recently state April 2008? It sounds like somebody's a bit too high on pixie dust--
    Yeah, I guess to be fair, the April 2008 date comes from an article HongKongDisneyland (the person) posted a week or two ago, and that is consistent with Disney's official press of "early 2008".

The construction going on at the moment is no doubt different to the electrical and show set work that Pico will be doing (as HongKongDisneyland points out), but I still found it odd that they had not selected/announced this work at an earlier date. Mind you, I have no idea what order and how much work goes into one of these things, but I would have thought that kind of work needed more than this much notice. Then again, we do have something like 10 months to go...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks