• Minion

Pirate Light at the End of the Tunnel

ORDDU: While conjuring up various Disney web-footed sites within our crystal ball this afternoon, my sisters and I were rather surprised to find a report on Screamscape, which claimed that there would be a Pirates of the Caribbean attraction built for Hong Kong Disneyland, after all.

ORWEN: We don't know where they're getting their information from. But they said the attraction wouldn't even break ground until 2009--with a 2012 opening.

ORDDU: Perhaps the Disney company will be paying for this one, since it was recently reported that the Hong Kong Government has no intentions of funding this new attraction. Or has there been some significant change that this coven doesn't know about?

ORGOCH: Who the heck cares? 'Til they start gittin' FROGS in dinky little park, I ain't wastin' no time thinkin' 'bout the dang place!

Re: Pirate Light at the End of the Tunnel

Well the atrraction will come sooner or later and the tear 2009 sounds about right to breaj ground. Hopefully things will look better by this time as IASW will be open and maybe they would of atrracted enough guests to bring the HK Govt back on side?

I like the sound of a Pirate (Voodo?) Hauted Mansion.

• World Traveler

I hope they get the Disneyland Paris version of Pirates.

Paris would be nice but I think HK needs a new Pirates so as to make the park sound out!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

If it is the same 'report' I'm looking at, it reads:

The latest rumors claim that construction on the movie themed version of Pirates of the Caribbean could start in 2009 and open in 2011.
    Yes, it COULD start in 2009, and it COULD open one day. I COULD become a woman and dance the blues. Anything COULD happen.

Unless they do have a crystal ball, and I believe the Witches are the only ones with said balls, then it is pure speculation methinks. There is not much more substance to that Screamscape post than their one of a year or two back that said pretty much the same thing. I do find their Downtown Disney claims interesting, as we had a "source" mention the same thing several months ago. It seems like the more likely option in the short term.

At any rate, on this subject, the rumour mill seems to be working all the time. Things we know for sure include:

- Disney has a concept sketch of a Pirate Land they've been trotting out for years
    - There is some construction happening behind Adventureland. However, this appears to be for a dangerous goods storage area, according to the HK Building Dept.
    - IASW is set to open in early 2008

None of this discounts the possibility of a Pirates of the Caribbean ride, of course, but I am just naturally skeptical of any reports until we hear actual confirmation from Disney. In actual fact, I don't doubt that there WILL be a POTC ride, or something similar, in HKDL eventually. The rumour has been around for too long, and Disney would be mad to not have some kind of major E-ticket like this if they hope to survive past that 2012 date. Even if there are plans, and there obviously have been for a while as these things have a habit leaking, I just reckon that Screamscape and their source are guessing like the rest of us at this point. If they aren't, then I'll be the first person to eat my pointy hat and shout a hearty "WOOOHOO".

After all, the last update was Summer 2006. The next major opening is April 2008. 2009 for a 2010-2012 open date seems like a logical gap for the next one.
    Last edited by Loomis; 06-06-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

The again, if it is true, perhaps I'm just bitter we've been scooped.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORDDU: Thank you, Loomis duckling--for correcting the year this ride might open, 2011, along with your taking notice of our balls--

ORWEN: --you forgot to say crystal! Our balls are made of crystal!!

ORGOCH: So what?! The rest of ya's made a blubber!!

(Sounds of slaps, smacks, shrieks....and deadly silence...)

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Thank you, Loomis duckling--for correcting the year this ride might open, 2011, along with your taking notice of our balls--

ORWEN: --you forgot to say crystal! Our balls are made of crystal!!

ORGOCH: So what?! The rest of ya's made a blubber!!

(Sounds of slaps, smacks, shrieks....and deadly silence...)
    I'm terribly sorry. If there is one thing I've learned in my 28 years on this planet, it is not to mess with a witch's balls.