Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

New IASW Construction Picture and More

We've just been sent this exclusive update on "it's a small world". The framework is starting to take place, and you can clearly see the structure of the building now.

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/168

Plus, we have a look at new merchandise from the HKSAR Anniversary and Disney informs us of a special announcement.

Last edited by Loomis; 06-25-2007 at 01:24 PM.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• For old time sake

Re: New IASW Construction Picture and More

How exciting!!!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Minion

ORWEN: Thank you ever so much for the nice picture, Loomis, duckling!

ORDDU: you may be interested to know that another web-footed site has reported a 'rumor' about a supposed meeting to be taking place, soon, which may decide what future attractions will be added to both Hong Kong Disneyland and DCA. According to the article--which can be found over on Laughing Place--various Disney executives and board members will be trying to figure out which park is more of a priority to 'fix up'.

ORWEN: Some are saying Jay Rasulo prefers to fix DCA before doing anything about Hong Kong Disneyland.

ORDDU: Whereas Bob Iger is reported to be more concerned about saving Hong Kong Disneyland. In the end, they may decide to split their efforts between the two parks. In any event, it will be most interesting to see what develops from this rumored meeting.

• I was deleted.

Oooo.. merchandise!

Quote Originally Posted by HKDL Source
    As Spy Bennett points out, there is just something very 'Hong Kong' about that Old Street image, which is a mixture of both the old and the new. It is a perfect blend of Disney and Hong Kong, and an encouraging sign that Disney actually 'gets' the market they are penetrating.
    ^ That's exactly what I was thinking when I looked at it. I wonder how the message is going through? I mean, if the market thinks Disney "get" them.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

ooooooo. Looking pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: you may be interested to know that another web-footed site has reported a 'rumor' about a supposed meeting to be taking place, soon, which may decide what future attractions will be added to both Hong Kong Disneyland and DCA. According to the article--which can be found over on Laughing Place--various Disney executives and board members will be trying to figure out which park is more of a priority to 'fix up'.

ORWEN: Some are saying Jay Rasulo prefers to fix DCA before doing anything about Hong Kong Disneyland.

ORDDU: Whereas Bob Iger is reported to be more concerned about saving Hong Kong Disneyland. In the end, they may decide to split their efforts between the two parks. In any event, it will be most interesting to see what develops from this rumored meeting.
    I think Bob Iger should get his way because he is the boss. In any case DCA has already expanded a bit since it opened, and it has got the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which is a super A ticket ride that HKDL is dying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    I think Bob Iger should get his way because he is the boss. In any case DCA has already expanded a bit since it opened, and it has got the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which is a super A ticket ride that HKDL is dying for.
    Plus, DCA is already bolstered by the fact that it is next door to a hugely successful crowd-pleaser. DCA's problem seems to be one of attracting that crowd to veer to that side of the Promenade, whereas Hong Kong's seems to be more about finding an audience to start with.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

We can't! We won't! We don't stop! We have a flood of brand-new photos fresh from Hong Kong Disneyland.

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/170

Firstly, we've got new construction photos from it's a small world. We've also got new hi-res shots of the upcoming summer attractions, as well as brand-new Pirates Takeover photos and other park details.

And there is plenty more where that came from, folks! Just follow the above links and make a young Loomis happy.

NB: All photos hotlinked from our own site, so no complaining about robbing the width of bands please!

• Creative Director

Loomis, has Mickey's Waterworks parade taken over for Disney on Parade? or are they presenting both in the same day, one earlier and one later?

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    Loomis, has Mickey's Waterworks parade taken over for Disney on Parade? or are they presenting both in the same day, one earlier and one later?
    The Waterworks parade doesn't start until the Summer Season officially kicks off on Saturday July 14th.

Although no schedule has been announced as yet it is expected that Disney on Parade and the Waterworks Parade will both operate.

It is unclear whether Disney on Parade will continue with 2 runs on the weekends (as is currently the case) with a 3rd run being Waterworks or whether one of the existing Disney on Parade runs will be changed to Waterworks.

It'll all become clear when the schedules are released for 14th July onwards.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Watch Your Language

according to local newspapers, 3:30pm daily for the new parade starting 14th July 2007 and park operating hours will be extended to 10:00pm daily.

Local Reporter "Hongkongdisneyland" reporting at Hong Kong.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 06-28-2007 at 12:57 AM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I like the pictures and that Belle is sooo pretty! *faints*

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    according to local newspapers, 3:30pm daily for the new parade starting 14th July 2007 and park operating hours will be extended to 10:00pm daily.

Local Reporter "Hongkongdisneyland" reporting at Hong Kong.
    My insiders tell me that Annual Passholders have been informed that it will start a week earlier on July 7:

http://corporate.hongkongdisneyland....letter_en.html

The official Disney calendar still says "till 9pm" through August, but I guess that could change.

Not Local Reporter "Loomis" reporting from his bedroom.

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    My insiders tell me that Annual Passholders have been informed that it will start a week earlier on July 7:

http://corporate.hongkongdisneyland....letter_en.html

The official Disney calendar still says "till 9pm" through August, but I guess that could change.

Not Local Reporter "Loomis" reporting from his bedroom.

I actually saw the parade even before July and i am not insider. LOL

I am sure everything is still subject to change.

China President Hu is going to visit HK Ocean Park to give it a confidence boost on Saturday.

Another Not yet released news (here comes the insiders): Another HK Superstar is going to visit HKOP too.

Let "HongKongDisneyland" visit Hong Kong Disneyland to give it a confidence boost...

Local reporter "hongkongdisneyland" reporting at Hong kong and Hong Kong Ocean Park.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 06-28-2007 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    I actually saw the parade even before July and i am not insider. LOL
    Yup, I was wondering if anybody had seen them early. Those pictures above had to come from somewhere.

HKDL - which superstar is rumoured to be coming, or is that a secret?

Just thinking about it though, would that 3:30 start time be the same as the current parade (which I see is presently on at 3:30?) I guess we will have to wait until Disney's official timetable...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast