Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

More Photos from Scream Scape

ORDDU: Hello, ducklings!! My sisters and I just thought you might be interested to see the latest photos of Hong Kong Disneyland--compliments of the web-footed site known as: www.screamscape.com

ORWEN: Go check them out in your crystal balls! First you go to the News & Rumors Section. From there you go to the International section. Then you look down the list for Hong Kong Disneyland. Have fun!

ORGOCH: Yeah--what SHE said...

The pics once again leave me firm in my beliefs that the park will be incredibly beautiful with its beauty only dimmed by its paucity of real attractions.

I noticed there were many pics of Tarzan's Treehouse and all I could think was this 'B Ticket' that is little more than atmosphere at DL will be expected to be a major attraction at HKDL.

This park is so empty and all the majestic views of the mountains won't change that.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    What I don't like about the treehouse is what's up with all the charecters inside the attraction? Is that supposed to be good? Little static charecters? :confused:

And I like how so far it seems all of these photos are from the average tourist, none show what we want to see, like the Jungle Canyon.

• Banned User

Maybe there is not much to see in the "jungle canyon"...

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Maybe there is not much to see in the "jungle canyon"...
    Wow, just when you thought you've seen and heard everything: Jungle Canyon.

• Just this guy......

Does anyone know what version of Pooh was built?

• Banned User

That Orbitron is amazing-those colors really make it look cool. The entry fountain is the coolest thing too! But what do you think of the mountains behind the castle? For me, they dwarf the castle too much. On the subject of the castle, I think it turned out really well. I like that light pink and stone with the dark blue roofs. It doesn't look like it will shine as much as Disneyland's, but I still am not sure of the mountains behind it. I like the view down Main Street in the CA Disneyland A LOT better. Don't get me wrong- it is most definatley beautiful, but I prefer just the trees(they don't have that ugly Fantasyland Theater to hide) However, the park looks like it is really bare and open, kind of like when DCA opened and WDSP now. It doesn't seem to have much of a berm, but that's only because its new. Still, it doesn't seem to have as much elaborate horticulture like they bragged it would have. My last observation is the shape. Looking at the map, because they packed so little inside the train tracks, whenever they decide to expand, everything will have to be places outside and it will distort the shape of the park. Just look at what Autopia does. Every other Disneyland has some kind of circular or square shape to it with everything inside the berm/train tracks. HKDL won't really have that once they add new attractions.

• Banned User

...and why DON"T they have a PARTNER"S STAUE?

• Banned User

or

It's the closest match I could find...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    I don't know if they don't, I mean they have a hub and then have another, well, hub...which is what you see in the top photo. There is space between the hub and castle.

EDIT: You can sorta see what I'm trying to say here: http://www.screamscape.com/html/hong...sneyland_0.htm

• Minion

ORWEN: I don't think it's wrong that the mountains should 'dwarf' the castle, really. I mean OTHER mountains dwarf REAL castles all over the world. If anything, the mountains make the castle stand out, in this witch's humble opinion.

ORDDU: Besides that, not all castles in 'real life' are necessarily tall, either. There are short and squat ones around, too. Sleeping Beauty's 75 foot tall castle is still quite lovely and charming. It's not so hard to accept it for what it is.

• Banned User

I agree with what your saying witches. But I do want to know what color scheme you like or prefer?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    Does anyone know what version of Pooh was built?
    Similar to Orlando's and LA's. NOT the TDL one....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    ...and why DON"T they have a PARTNER"S STAUE?
    I assume there will be a "Partners" statue in due time.

• Minion

ORWEN: What color scheme does a witch prefer? Well, THIS witch prefers the pale pink with the off white, along with the nice gray stones and the dark blue rooves. Somehow they all come together and say "Hail to the Princess Aurora!"

ORGOCH: Well, that's YERSELF, sister!! Me? I prefers somethin' more along the lines a what the Horny King's got fer hisself back in the Land a Prydain!! Good, old fashioned HAUNTED lookin' place!!

ORDDU: Of course she's just looking for an excuse not to have to clean. I agree with Orwen--the pink, white, gray and blue with gold trimmings is quite appealing to the eye and comforting to the soul....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast