Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Disney Plans Third Hotel

According to the China Hospitality News:

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/182

Executive Vice President and Managing Director of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Bill Ernest says that based on the satisfactory room occupancy of its existing two hotels, Hong Kong Disneyland plans to build a third hotel to meet growing demand.

The new hotel is reported to be located between Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Hollywood Hotel. Hong Kong Disneyland says they will fix a schedule for the construction of this hotel based on the demand and will discuss details with the government later.

However, Bill Ernest says as this hotel won't be completed for a few more years, the land proposed for the site will continue to be used for sporting activities.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Minion

Re: Disney Plans Third Hotel

Another hotel is not what they need right now in my opinion. Perhaps when the resort truly has expanded up to the point where both Disney hotels are experiencing near maximum occupancy throughout the whole year. Why spend hundreds of million dollars on more (unnecessary) accomodations when that money could be used for several brilliant E-ticket attractions which the park desparately needs? Don't make the same mistake Disneyland Paris did upon its opening by building too many hotels. Like Disneyland Paris, people may not be interested in booking a room when they can simply make a day trip.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

In Disney business point of view hotels are revenue generators, unlike attractions which is more of an operating expense. Disney is eager to build more hotels over attractions. When they build hotels, you get restaurants, spa and other services. Guests have to spend money on the room, tip the bell boy, spend money on the restaurants, and shops for merchandise. The problem with this equation is that the attractions bring the guest to the park. Without a good lineup of attractions guests won't come to the park, and the extra hotel becomes more of an operating expense.

• Minion

ORGOCH: In other words, it don't look like any them dang management types in the Dizzy Comp'ny's learned a dang thing from past mistakes!

• Minion

If they had to build another Disney hotel, I wonder what type of theme they would choose this time.

• Minion

I must admit I'm a bit baffled as to why they're planning to build a third hotel when the park is lacking attractions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    I must admit I'm a bit baffled as to why they're planning to build a third hotel when the park is lacking attractions.
    My sentiments exactly. A hotel is definitely not needed right now. What's needed is quality attractions. People are not going to stay at the hotels if the park is not worth it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post

Yep, you said it, this makes NO sense other than Disney's way of trying to squeeze more money out of the consumer since hotels bring in the revenue more than that crappy little park certainly do. Listen, if Disney wants to build more hotels Great!! Just give people a r-e-a-s-o-n to fill them up. For a park that honestly doesn't even need a hotel considering it takes less than a day to see the property and really just a nice addition to be closer to the parks and not take the train in, but honestly, they aren't necessary, they seem to be getting a little ahead of themselves. But, at the same time, it suppose to be years away and maybe by then, the supposed DTD area will be built and more importantly, MORE THINGS TO DO IN THE PARK!!!!, to justify this hotel.

Looking forward to it though .

I thought it was an over expansion building 2 hotels from the start. Look at Anaheim Disneyland when it first got built. They only had 1 hotel at the start with the same amount of attractions.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Like saying the Titanic is adding buffalo wings to it's happy hour menu..
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Stop That!

So...maybe another Lodge clone?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    Like saying the Titanic is adding buffalo wings to it's happy hour menu..
    LOL!!! Not sure its THAT bad there, but it can certainly sink if they don't get their butts in gear and give people a reason to see it other than once every two years. I honestly don't think announcing a new hotel is going to get the masses there. Do anyone know if the other two are sold out in the high season usually now?? If they are, I guess I can $ee why they want to build another one. If not, then really, why not just wait until the park is up to snuff?
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 07-26-2007 at 05:11 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Do anyone know if the other two are sold out in the high season usually now?? If they are, I guess I can $ee why they want to build another one. If not, then really, why not just wait until the park is up to snuff?
    I don't think so. Note that they mentioned that guest occupancy was only satisfactory. If the park is pratically deserted even during peak days, I have my doubts that the hotels are doing much better. I've read trip reports saying that both the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Hollywood Hotel were very empty and devoid of paying guests.

• HKDL is in my timezone!

When I stayed at the Hollywood in February the hotel was very animated and every morning there was a queue for breakfast if you got there at the wrong time or had a large group.
    I would not say the hotel was empty or even quiet, at any time, including during the day, there were always others around checking in or out, shopping, eating or enjoying the surrounds of the hotel. Compared to the park I was surprised at how busy the hotel seemed!

The mainlanders tend to travel as large tour groups so they're either all there clogging up the hallways or not there at all.

The dates we were there were officially low season however the Lunar New Year season kicked off during our stay, although the actual date and public holidays were still a few weeks off.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by V1213 View Post
    When I stayed at the Hollywood in February the hotel was very animated and every morning there was a queue for breakfast if you got there at the wrong time or had a large group.
    I would not say the hotel was empty or even quiet, at any time, including during the day, there were always others around checking in or out, shopping, eating or enjoying the surrounds of the hotel. Compared to the park I was surprised at how busy the hotel seemed!

The mainlanders tend to travel as large tour groups so they're either all there clogging up the hallways or not there at all.

The dates we were there were officially low season however the Lunar New Year season kicked off during our stay, although the actual date and public holidays were still a few weeks off.
    Even still, I would not think that the hotels are currently experiencing even near maximum occupancy. From what I've read, the Hollywood Hotel seems to be the more popular of the two Disney hotels. The report I read stated that the Disneyland Hotel was very empty, with him being the only person checking into the hotel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast