Thread: Ratatouille?

Ratatouille?

Why isn't HKDL involved much in the promotion of Ratatouille, which opens in HK this Thursday?

I thought they could do something quite big and good for this film.

• Minion

Re: Ratatouille?

ORWEN: Well, if this was the Year of the Rat, I'm sure Hong Kong Disneyland would do something for Remy. But since it's the year of the Pig, instead--

ORGOCH: --they's doin' stuff ta recognize my big, fat sister--Orwen--instead!

(Sounds of slaps followed by moans and groans....)

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Mind you, with the Pirate Land/Summer Blast push at the moment, adding a Ratatouille promotion to the mix might cause a small riot.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORDDU: Hmmmm....well, if the guests at Hong Kong Disneyland are so inclined to discriminate against such sweet little creatures as rats, that's very narrow minded of them. I'm not so sure my sisters and I would like to fly our broomsticks over there to associate with such bigots!!

And I thought Mickey was a small rat...

In the US they have this Big Cheese tour to promote the movie, starting at WDW. HKDL? Nothing.

I guess Loomis is looking forward more to "The Simpsons".

• Canon DSLR Professional

Somehow, I don't think a Remy rat media blizt would be well accepted at this time....

"Live rats are being trucked from central China, suffering a plague of a reported two billion rodents displaced by a flooded lake, to the south of the of country to end up in restaurant dishes, Chinese media reported.
    "Recently there have been a lot of rats ... Guangzhou people are rich and like to eat exotic things, so business is very good," the China News Service quoted a vendor as saying, referring to the capital of Guangdong province.
    Some vendors had asked people from a village in Hunan province, near Dongting Lake, to sell them live rats, the Beijing News said today.
    "The buyers offered 6 yuan for a kilo, but as to where they will sell the rats, they would not say," the newspaper quoted a local resident as saying, adding that villagers had to catch the rats live.
    "If we want to do that, there is no problem. We could catch 150 kilos of rats in one night .. .but we will not do this against our conscience," the villager was quoted as saying.
    Some Guangdong restaurants were promoting "rat banquets", charging 136 yuan for one kg of rat meat, the newspaper said."
    Vance DeBar "Pinto" Colvig was born on September 11, 1892. I was born on September 11, 1959. Goofy huh?
    OOPS.....

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

The movie opened in Japan at the weekend and Tokyo Disney Resort also had zero promotion for it,except for a couple of posters and a photo spot in its Ikspiari shopping and dining area.It only seems to be the US Resorts and Paris Studios that ever take promoting movies seriously.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The movie opened in Japan at the weekend and Tokyo Disney Resort also had zero promotion for it
    Actually, a little Remy merchandise is on sale at the TDR parks already, and at all Disney Stores in Japan as well.

I just saw Ratatouille at the weekend and I think it is a great movie.

I really think HKDL should have a "Gusteau's" or a "La Ratatouille" within the park. That would be a huge draw.

• Banned User

I would even welcome a French themed restaurant in the park. So much Chinese food in there....enough already.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would even welcome a French themed restaurant in the park. So much Chinese food in there....enough already.
    I agree. Most of the restaurants in the park seems to cater strictly to the tastes of the Chinese. As far as variety and food choices go, I think the Tokyo Disney Resort is the best in terms of quality. There are so many well themed and immersive eateries that the atmosphere of them alone is worth checking out.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Another point about that is the over abundance of Food court style places to eat at HKDL. With few truly immersive eateries there. One exception: The Royal Banquet Hall. Food court style but very well appointed and themed.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I agree. Most of the restaurants in the park seems to cater strictly to the tastes of the Chinese. As far as variety and food choices go, I think the Tokyo Disney Resort is the best in terms of quality. There are so many well themed and immersive eateries that the atmosphere of them alone is worth checking out.
    By the same token, the majority of the restaurants in the Anaheim theme park cater to 'western'/American tastes. Lots of bugers, pizzas, fries and so forth. New Orleans Square does offer a tiny bit more variety, but you don't exactly have a tempura kitchen. I look forward to checking out the Tokyo resort then, as I think good food is something that eludes most theme parks, Disney or otherwise. (Downtown Disney notwithstanding).

I do agree with TDLFAN over the Royal Banquet Hall. It was also the easiest place to pick a vegetarian meal.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I look forward to checking out the Tokyo resort then, as I think good food is something that eludes most theme parks, Disney or otherwise. (Downtown Disney notwithstanding).
    Well I don't know about CA's DTD, but WDW's DTD's restaurants are HORRIBLE! I often times go to other local eateries off WDW property when I was a great sitdown meal at cheaper prices. As for TDR's restaurants... yes, they are varied in choices and quite nicely appointed for the most part. Food choices is one of TDR's best things.