• Kevin's a girl?

My Daddy's Trip Report

My father works in the U. S. Navy and has been on deployment for eight months. Since January of this year. Recently though, he was in Hong Kong and knew that his daughter was a mad Disney lover. So he informed me that he bought tickets to Hong Kong Disneyland. I was jumping all around my house in excitement that at least somebody in my family will get to visit Hong Kong Disneyland.

Here are some pictures. Sorry, my captions aren't exactly detailed. For I didn't go on the trip.

This looks very interesting. At first, I though it was Monstro. But then I noticed that Mickey doesn't exactly have any relation to Monstro. This looks pretty creative, and a popular picture spot.

If it wasn't for the distinctly unique flower arrangement in front, I would've mistaken this for Disneyland, California. And as for the next two pictures. I did mistaken for Disneyland, California. I never look closely at details you see.

Haha. I would have mistaken this for Disneyland, California also. If it wasn't for the green mountain in back. Hehe.

A ravishing and popular pirate. Oh, and I didn't exactly ask if my dad wanted his face to be shown in public. So I'll replace his head with a nice smilie face.

I'm pretty sure that the next four pictures are of Hong Kong Disneyland's Jungle Cruise. I researched about the park briefly, before he went, and requested that he would experience the Jungle Cruise there. I have to say that the tie-in of the jungle and pirates is pretty cool.

Is this part of the ride? Or was this cast member hiding from his job, in the bushes...

Haha.

I adore this. It's aesthetically pleasing. I wish I was there to see it.

This too. Is this ride somewhat similar to Astro Orbiter in Disneyland, California?

My dad didn't go on Autopia, I heard that it's pretty different from all the other Disney parks. Yes?

This is my favorite shot. And I see how the walkway isn't crowded. I like that.

And that concludes my father's trip report of Hong Kong Disneyland. I hope you enjoyed. I know that he enjoyed his trip.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

Re: My Daddy's Trip Report

This is great. I love the background scenes with mountain. Thanks! I like the Smiley Face picture with the second pirate. His facial expression is excellent with the smiley head next to him. Props to your dad for his service to our country. What a great father to take the time to visit the Hong Kong park and snag great photos for you.

• Minion

Very nice pictures of Hong Kong Disneyland. It's a very little park, but pretty nonetheless. I'm planning a visit myself within the next year or two after it's a small world opens.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

ORDDU: Very nice photographs, indeed! Thank you for sharing with the rest of us, duckling!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Thanks to you, AhLowHee, and your dad as well.

They are great pictures of the park. I really look forward to going back there next year.

To answer some of your questions:

Autopia, I heard that it's pretty different from all the other Disney parks. Yes?
    Yes, it is the first electric powered Autopia and has an "alien landscape".

Is this ride somewhat similar to Astro Orbiter in Disneyland, California?
    The Orbitron as it is called in HKDL is very similar to the Astro Orbitor in the US. However, the seats are side-by-side rather than one in front of the other like in the US. So you can comfortably fit 4 people rather than squishing in two!

And yes, those pictures are from the Jungle Cruise

Hope your dad had a good time, and thanks again for sharing!
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• All you need is LOVE

wow thanks for sharing love the photos amazing

• World Traveler

Thanks for the report.

• Minion

Nice pictures, but I'm not sure if I really like the mountain behind the castle. You lose the whole effect of it set against the sky, and if you were to remove the castle, the "skyline" of the park would seemd to remain unchanged.

• Kevin's a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Thanks to you, AhLowHee, and your dad as well.

They are great pictures of the park. I really look forward to going back there next year.

To answer some of your questions:

Yes, it is the first electric powered Autopia and has an "alien landscape".

The Orbitron as it is called in HKDL is very similar to the Astro Orbitor in the US. However, the seats are side-by-side rather than one in front of the other like in the US. So you can comfortably fit 4 people rather than squishing in two!

And yes, those pictures are from the Jungle Cruise

Hope your dad had a good time, and thanks again for sharing!
    Thank you. I just learned a bit more about Hong Kong Disneyland.

And thank you all for your comments. I appreciate them. And I'm sure my dad does too.

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Great photos AhLowHee! I like your captions too! When my mandarian becomes understandable I plan on visiting this park as well. Be sure to bring other photos (if you have them) to the MiceChat meet Sunday, September 9th of this year. I'd love to see them!

I keep wondering where the real castle is instead of that scale model in front of the mountain!

Of course, Im used to Cinderella Castle to begin with, so this perspective makes that one look VERY small.

• Wonderful World

Wow it looks like a scenic park. It's always nice to see pictures of the different parks.
    I'm back MiceChat

• Kevin's a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    I keep wondering where the real castle is instead of that scale model in front of the mountain!

Of course, Im used to Cinderella Castle to begin with, so this perspective makes that one look VERY small.
    So that castle isn't the real one? I'm confused.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AhLowHee View Post
    So that castle isn't the real one? I'm confused.
    That poster is pulling your leg. That is the one and only real Sleeping Beauty Castle at HKDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Windows
    Wow it looks like a scenic park. It's always nice to see pictures of the different parks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AhLowhee
    I just learned a bit more about Hong Kong Disneyland.
    Seems like the two of you have never checked out my many HKDL pictorials posted here on Micechat since the park opened in 2005? Hmm... maybe I should invite you to click on my link below and get BUSY!!! I have explained and showed all there is to be known and seen at HKDL in the last 2 years.
    Check my last pictorial before it is replaced by the new one later this month!

And AhLowHee... some answers to your comments..
    -Nope, that is not Monstro the whale in the fountain at the park's entrance. You should know the fountain puts on a 3 minute musical show every 10 mins and is very cool to look at at night.

-The pirate you see in the Jungle Cruise is part of the Pirate Takeover version of the ride, during HKDL's special Pirateland event last month. In that scene, a real live Pirate interrupts the cruise and tries to hold the boat hostage for ransom, and if guests pay up, they are allowed to continue on their trip to... Fire Rock! The fiery and watery Jungle Cruise ending, exclusive to HKDL's JC ride. Also important to note, the name of the ride at HKDL is "Jungle River Cruise".

-As you just learned, HKDL's Main Street and Hub area is a virtual copy of CA's DL park, so it would be easy to be fooled by pictures... yet, when you are there in person, differences can also be appreciated greatly. One huge difference is how HKDL's Main Street is totally paved in coblestones and there is no horse trolley tracks. The castle's forecourt is also more expansive than DL's, making the castle look smaller. However, the mountain effect in the background gives this castle a lovely perspective when viewed from the center of Main Street. Very unique sight. Those same mountains help frame the park surroundings quite well... and specially in Adventureland...the mountains give the land a feeling of being somewhere away in a wooded and mountain covered jungle.

-You described Tomorrowland's entrance sign as "aesthetically pleasing." You'd be glad to know all of Tomorrowland's buildings past that sign incorporate that same swaying look, which at night, come out alive in long, color-changing lights that give this area a very unique and dinamic look. I wish you were there too to see how pretty it can be. Their Autopia is GREAT! Next to DL's, HKDL's is the next best version of Autopia yet!

-The Orbitron in HKDL is a much bigger, similar version of DL's AstroOrbiter spiner, and again, HKDL's ride at night lights up in fiberoptics and special effects. The ride vehicles sit up to 4 guests and look like mini retro-50s spaceships. Adorable look on this ride, especially at night.

-On your last photo (showing how beautiful and green everything is around HKDL and on Main Street) you commented about how uncrowded the walkways seem to be. Sadly, HKDL's attendance has not been as good as they had anticipated. Maybe because the park is still very small and short on attractions. Near empty walkways and lack of lines at most rides seem to be the norm at HKDL on a daily basis. So, you need to ask your dad to take you there!!! Hopefully in the future, HKDL will be overflowing with guests.

It is a beautiful park, nicely detailed, and very well kept, with a nice cast ready and willing to help and make your day as magical as possible. I recommend a visit to HKDL, even if it's not quite florished yet.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-12-2007 at 06:52 PM.

• Kevin's a girl?

Thank you very much TDLFAN! My knowledge of Hong Kong Disneyland has expanded.

My dad came home Monday, August 27, and was safe and unharmed. It's good to have him back. But it's funny. Monday night, we left for Las Vegas. Still here, and it's hot! Anyways, my dad has many, many, many more pictures for me to share. So I'll be getting to that once I get home.

In addition to the pictures of Hong Kong Disneyland, my dad brought me home two commemorative coins, a Minnie plushie doll, a shirt, and plenty of maps from the park. I might take pictures of those later.

So look forward to more.