Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

TDLFAN's End of Summer HKDL report/photos

So, I once again visited Hong Kong and decided to hit the park to catch my favorite new parade before it ends it's summer run, and enjoy a tranquil experience at the park. WRONG! HKDL was in fact a bit crowded on this day Friday the 7th sept.

BUT!! ..before I get to that... you should know that I decided to spend a few hours at Victoria Peak, HK's most popular tourist spot, visiting the newly refurbished Peak Tower (I call it the hammerhead) at the top of the mountain. Here in the Peak Tower, next to the Peak Galleria Mall.. you can probably get the most awesome view of the entire city of Hong Kong down below, and on clearer days, a great view of Kowloon and surrounding areas and mountains.

The Peak Tower has been refurbished and now offers some touristy experiences and some culinary delights as well. The Tower's indoor atrium, with it's escalators next to the huge glass windows, offer spectacular views of the city below. Within the Tower itself.. there is an NBA attraction, Madame Tusseau's (sp?) Wax Museum, and other shops, both well known by name or in street market style, selling a wide range of merchandise, from the expensive to the usual souvenirs. There is also a Bubba Gump restaurant and a Japanese style restaurant with great views overlooking the city. Likewise, a coffee shop also sells light snacks and bakery items in a very contemporary setting, with equally spectacular cityscape views. There is also a Burger King for the not so fu-fu types.

HKDL has also set up a temporary kiosk with promotional video and CMs on hand to sell you HKDL tickets and APs... The HKDL kiosk is badly misplaced in the lower level of the Tower, next to Madame Tussaus's exit. The kiosk was staffed with 4 CMs (that's probably more CMs that you could find at WDW's Main Street performing custodial duties!) The promotional video was at least 10 mins long and featured every aspect of the park and hotel resorts. Sadly, not too many people walking out of the wax Museum seemed interested in even looking at the display, much less stop for a second to see what this was all about. If it was up to me, I would pull the plug on this venture, but hopefully it is temporary.

One observation about the Tower.. the Peak Tower's observation platform is one great place for boy watching. Ladies (and gay men) take notice. There were a lot of western boys up there who were to say the least... very good looking. Some with girls and some alone... Hmmm... Tres nice.

All in all, it was an enjoyable few hours at the Peak before heading to HKDL for the afternoon.

I Took the Peak tram to the bottom of the mountain and walked to Central Station, then on the MTR train to HKDL. I arrived at HKDL at about 2pm, expecting the park to be quiet, but much to my surprise, there was a little crowd, but that was not apparent until after the "Mickey's Waterworks Parade" ended, and as the day progressed, it seemed like the park was actually more crowded than in the early afternoon hours.

I did the usual... shopping around (see some more pics of new, park-exclusive merchandise). Watched another performance of the Waterworks parade (awesome! We have not seen a parade as much fun, colorful and elaborate design at WDW since the 20th anniversary Party Gras parade in 1991.)

I also went around the park to see the status of things.. such as.. the new entrance to the haunted Hotel, complete with landscape for the upcoming halloween seasonal attraction. Also, Adventureland is back to it's original theme, since the Pirates Takeover overlay has been finally retired. It was fun while it lasted but frankly, I like this Adventureland in it's purest form. One quick check of IASW's progress....etc etc.

Took my time enjoying the sights and sounds of the park, and didn't even ride one single attraction. Then capped it off with "Disney In the Stars" fireworks.

Coincidentally, some guests here caught my attention as well, just like they did at the Peak Tower. Hmmm... Hmm... Anyways... moving alone...

Below is the link to the photos from both my visit to the Peak Tower and HKDL. Hope you enjoy them in this PG-13 rated album LOL!, and for further pleasure, do read the captions if you have time to kill, and that way.. you will even find out how HKDL yet again surpassed TDLFAN's expectations with the most miniscule of details...
    Meg C, are you paying attention dear?

Enjoy.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32584214&f=

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: TDLFAN's End of Summer HKDL report/photos

As always, fantastic report and accompanying photos. Glad you got to see the Summer Parade before the time was up, and I only wish I could have made it over there myself. Oh well...

I especially liked Photo #172 - "Castle at dusk. In yellow." And the comment on #127. I spend hours on end making fun of outfits.

So once again, bless your cotton socks.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I spend hours on end making fun of outfits.
    OOOH OOOH!! You need to sit down with G-Fan and I at the curb on Main Street USA at WDW, for a FAB! (snap*snap*) tourist fashion show and commentary!

• Membre

Thanks for pics. I think the guy on picture #127 really thinks he's in a gay discotheque...

• Banned User

How a propos.. that you mon cher Olivier, have Madonna in your signature.

LONG LIVE THE CONFESSIONS ALBUM!!!

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    How a propos.. that you mon cher Olivier, have Madonna in your signature.

LONG LIVE THE CONFESSIONS ALBUM!!!
    I just love her!
    Anyway, regarding your pics, I always find that the sky is grey or grey/blue, I don't remember seeing a HKDL picture under a *real* blue sky... Is it a rainy season?

• Banned User

It's my luck I guess that most of the time I happen to visit HKDL, or the city for that matter, it appears to be grey or just overly smoggy and hazy. On friday, we did have some passing showers in the afternoon from time to time. As for your weather question.. it is typhoon season in the pacific right now, but there was no typhoon in the HK area this weekend. However, Tokyo got hit by a Typhoon on friday morning, the same day I went to HKDL. By the time I got back to Tokyo (and TDR) on Saturday, it was mostly sunny and beautiful, but hot! (check out my TDR photos as well).

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

OOOH OOOH!! You need to sit down with G-Fan and I at the curb on Main Street USA at WDW, for a FAB! (snap*snap*) tourist fashion show and commentary!
    If our visits ever coincide, I'll remember pack by inner bitch (if customs allows it)
    Last edited by Loomis; 09-11-2007 at 03:07 AM.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Don't mess with the duck!

Fabulous report and pics, as always!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Love the side trip,love the pics of the park and I especially love the park being crowded.But could of done with a bit less of the guys

• World Traveler

Wonderful photos as always. I remember visiting Victoria Peak in Hong Kong, but don't remember a mall there!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Love the side trip,love the pics of the park and I especially love the park being crowded.But could of done with a bit less of the guys
    Memo to TDLFAN: add more gorgeous guys to the forthcoming pictorials.

Memo to TDLFAN: add more gorgeous guys to the forthcoming pictorials.
    Memo to TDLFAN: add pictures of gorgeous girls to the forthcoming pictorials.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Minion

ORDDU: Hmmmm...if it's gorgeous girls you're into, monkey joe, duckling, might I interest you in the most beautiful of 3 cauldron girls--ME?! ......I'm waiting....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

RIP Stitch....I love those pics! Great job as always TDLFAN!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast