Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Watch Your Language

Large-scale New Parade with Mouse Theme for the Year of The Rat

According to the Orisun News, a graduate from HKAPA (Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts) who is now working at HKDL has revealed that a large-scale New Parade with Mouse Theme is under planning to be introduced next year in celebration for the Chinese Year of the Rat (2008 is year of Earth Rat).

現職迪士尼樂園巡遊製作舞台經理的演藝畢業生紀緋珣,正策劃以鼠為主題的嶄新大型巡遊,配合明 年鼠年來臨。
    Source : ORISUN News

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Large-scale New Parade with Mouse Theme for the Year of The Rat

Good to see Hong Kong Disneyland concentrating on adding new parades for the various events of the year. I think its a smart idea and will encourage locals to buy Annual Pasports and give the park something fresh to promote at all times. I'm now interested to know if anything will be planned for my trip in May. Will we see the return of last years Pirate Event or something new altogether.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Thans fer the info. Now tell me, when is Ping Pong Dizzyland ever gonna' git 'round ta celebratin' the year a the WITCH?! Sure would be nice ta have a parade full a brooms, bats 'n Bullfrogs ya know!!!!

• Minion

ORWEN: Now I'm confused. If it's gonna' be the year of the RAT, why are they promoting MICE?! There's a difference between mice and rats. Everybody knows that. I mean, if you wanted to promote beauty queens in a parade--

ORGOCH: --ya sure wouldn't have a float with either a my two looney sisters ridin' on it! I see yer point, blubber brains.

(Sounds of smackings and whackings followed by moans and groans...)

• Banned User

I wonder if they would use Mickey or Ratatuille as the theme for the Year of the rat.

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Now I'm confused. If it's gonna' be the year of the RAT, why are they promoting MICE?! There's a difference between mice and rats. Everybody knows that. I mean, if you wanted to promote beauty queens in a parade--

ORGOCH: --ya sure wouldn't have a float with either a my two looney sisters ridin' on it! I see yer point, blubber brains.

(Sounds of smackings and whackings followed by moans and groans...)
    In Chinese, the word "鼠" is a generic term for both "Mouse"or "rat".

so it could be Chinese Year of the Rat or Chinese Year of the Mouse.

• Minion

ORDDU: Thank you for your clarification, duckling. Orwen an Orgoch would have responded to your posting but both of them are out recovering from their wounds, due to a recent 'cat fight' the two of them had with each other. I'll be sure to relay your explanation to them.

• HKDL fan

The Parade will definitely be the best and largest parade HKDL have ever work on. It will surely be something we all are waiting for. Aren't you?

• Minion

ORRDU: Are there any plans to finally bring the Electrical parade to life over there as well? As long as we're all talking about parades, here, a witch can't help asking.

I had heard a few years ago that the plans were to ship the DLP Main Street Electric Parade to Hong Kong once Fantillusion started. I guess those plans changed?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Here's what I don't understand if its still in Paris why isn't it being used at the Studios. If the rumours are correct and it did get shipped to Hong Kong why is it not being used. Surely with a park strugling with attractions and things to do you would think having the Electrical parade would be a must. Only other thing I can think of is that either its being saved for a reason or the floats need work done to them.And the budgets havn't been approved yet.

• Minion

ORDDU: One thing I heard about the non-use of the Electrical Parade is that the HKDL management types in Entertainment don't really like the idea of being responsible for more than one parade at a time. Rumors have speculated that it's 'too much for them to handle'. But who knows what the real reason might be? Supposedly the floats are all over there. And it WOULD be a big draw for night time entertainment.

Is HKDL working on a parade for the christmas season?

• HKDL fan

IS there any news about the christmas event. It is just after halloween. Why is there no news about it?
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

Ideas on the electric parade. Just think about this. Until end of summer, Pirates was ongoing. When did that start? May? So there has been night time entertainment from May to August. Then end of September, Halloween starts and will run until? first week of November? Then, Christmas. If last year is anything to go by, It will start the day after Thanksgiving and run until New years eve. Then of course, there will be something for that night too won't there. Now CNY is a bit earlier this year, end of January, early February I think (correct me if I'm wrong HKDL) Disney is talking parade especially dedicated to the year of the rat/mouse. That should run about a month, or they wouldn't waste the time and money putting it together. So Mid Jan-Mid Feb. (When does the holiday end? 15 days later, so that would be even later in Feb.)
    Next comes Easter. Thus far an "empty' holiday. So my theory is, if the electric parade is trully in Hong Kong, it won't come out until March or April at the earliest. Providing Disney doesn't do something for Easter. If they do, June!
    Now, add another monkey wrench into the works. Small World opens April/May? Wouldn't it be just amazing if they sent off the Electric Parade at the same time. Lights Galore! By that time, the wall should be down and we should be able to see those amazing lights on SW. And if the pictures on HKDLSource are anything to go by, it will really be lots of lights. It looks like the section of lights that were lit up are only a small section of the facade. Couple that with the lights of the Electric parade (if it is anything like the one I saw 30 some (has it been that long?) years ago,) this would draw in the crowds. How many people walk TST and Central Districts at night during Christmas just to see the lights. If HKDL plays their advertising cards right, this could be an enormous draw.
    I want the lights!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast