• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

HKDL Says Switch off Idle Engines

The environmentally conscious Hong Kong Disneyland has started a campaign to promote awareness of the need to switch off the engines of cars while idle. Is it really that big a problem? Well, it does involve stickers!

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/229

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Re: HKDL Says Switch off Idle Engines

Well Loomis, in Hong Kong, air pollution is reaching dangerous levels... so this is a great initiative for HKDLR, evenif only done for Press/promotional purposes. If they really wanted to make a statement in this matter, they should pull the plug on the nightly fireworks shows as well since they send a lot of smoke and ashes into the sky, but I would be terribly upset if they stopped performing "Disney in the Stars".

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: HKDL Says Switch off Idle Engines

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well Loomis, in Hong Kong, air pollution is reaching dangerous levels... so this is a great initiative for HKDLR, evenif only done for Press/promotional purposes. If they really wanted to make a statement in this matter, they should pull the plug on the nightly fireworks shows as well since they send a lot of smoke and ashes into the sky, but I would be terribly upset if they stopped performing "Disney in the Stars".
    Oh, I totally understand the reasons behind the campaign, I just didn't realise how many people were wandering off with their engines switched on.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks